“Disappointing for sure....”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Woodstock
Mississauga, Canada
“Disappointing for sure....”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Visited with kids in march 2014.....

Wouldn't say the hotel and staff are not good....but there are issues here...

The good - clean, free wi fi, free parking and breakfast ..... Fitness room is ok, staff are helpful, breakfast staff outstanding....make sure to tip them accordingly...they did so much to make us comfortable...location walking distance to Montana's, Kelsey's, McDonald's, and a if strip mall with a Walmart.

The not so good/stupid - their pool area, which has a waterslide, they book it for external kids parties....so people NOT staying at hotel can book a kids party there....I specifically book this hotel so that my kids could enjoy the pool and especially the waterslide....we didn't even bother since it was packed with over 20 screaming, out of control kids throwing objects in and across the pool...I found this very disceiving to the paying customers, since they don't tell u this anywhere...until u check in....Also, the waterslide is ONLY open on weekends....this was a real disappointment....we stayed at another hotel for our second night...no waterslide...but no screaming kids either...
Beds are not very comfortable, given I just stayed at a holiday inn express the week before and it was far better...
So All in all, the company need to realize the disrespect they are showing to paying hotel customers with the pool issue....totally shocking....I would NEVER return to this location on a weekend...Also pool change room are smaller that my own washroom at home....
Hope this is helpful....wish I new this before I visited.....

Room Tip: Ask for a room not near the pool corridor area...unfortunately they have party rooms there which aga...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Imran M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Woodstock, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear moldy73

Thank you so much for your honest feedback and your compliments on our staff. I know they try very hard to please every guest so I'm glad you were happy with the service you received from them.

With regards to the pool area, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the loud children using the pool & waterslide. We have reviewed our pool procedures with the lifeguards on duty, and I assure you we will be enforcing those policies which prohibit loud and boisterous activities while using the pool & waterslide.

Once again, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and would like to make it up to you. Please contact me at imran.meghani@hiexwoodstock.com or via phone at 519-539-9828 so we can further discuss the issues you experienced with your stay, as we would really like you to come back so we provide you with the Holiday Inn Express experience you should have received.

Imran

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Toronto
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This hotel is conveniently located just off the highway, within a mile or two of where the 401 meets the 403. The area has plenty of good food choices (we went with Kelsey's, which is literally right across the street) and the hotel rooms seemed clean and the free breakfast was good. Biggest negatives were the two elevators were VERY long waits (admittedly there were lots of children in the hotel on the night we stayed and they seemed to be having fun riding the elevators) and that the second larger parking lot at the back was a bit of a walk to the front lobby, with a sign posted on the lower back door to please use the other door. Also, it would have been nice but not necessary if the room thermostat would have some illumination, even if only when you press it, as changing the temperature in the middle of the night requires turning the light on. Not a big thing, just something you do see in a lot of other hotels now. Regardless, the hotel was nice and I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Vaughan, Canada
Reviewed 21 February 2014

The facility is still quite new with nice lobby and room furnishing. Lots of shops and restaurants nearby and just next to Highway 401. Staff are friendly. Every Tuesday night management hosts a guests appreciation party to serve free beer, wine and light dinner. Not much to do in Woodstock after work, so the hotel is a nice place to stay. The gym is not busy and the indoor pool is big.

Room Tip: Select a room further away from elevator to avoid noice
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Service was great, rooms were clean. I could find one negative thing to write about this hotel. Breakfast was good and the area was very clean. Location was great close to everything. The staff was very nice and helpful. I would stay here again, and would refer my friends to stay here as well.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed 16 February 2014

The front staff were rude and inconvenienced to serve the incoming guests, I had to wait while she took a call, only to get to our room and find they had turned the heat down so low we could see our breathe, we call to the front but not a surprise no one answered

Room Tip: Stay down the road you will be treated with class
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Imran M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Woodstock, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear glen h

Thank you for your review and for your candid feedback. I am very surprised with these events you experienced as we always ensure we double-check the temperature settings in the rooms during our detailed room checks, and we pride ourselves on the service we offer as you can see from the other reviews on this site.
I would appreciate the opportunity to chat with you a bit more on what happened, as it may have been that the Guest Services Representative had stepped away from the desk momentarily to help another guest when you had called. Please call me at your earliest convenience so I can make this right and ensure you get to experience the luxury, cleanliness and classiness that the Holiday Inn Express Woodstock is all about.

Imran
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stay at Holiday Inns all the time because they are very consistent across the board and this one lives up to that. Modern, chic, clean, better breakfast than most, comfy rooms/beds, great selection of TV channels. Only downfalls are no hot tub at the pool and the internet is pretty slow.

Recommended and would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Las Vegas
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Chose this particular hotel, one, because I had some reward points to burn, and two, because it was in an area I needed to be. The location is right off the highway and near a lot of restaurants and retail. Ample parking, modern and clean rooms, and friendly staff. I appreciated the acknowledgement of me being an IHG rewards member. Only 2 issues with the hotel. There was no ESPN (could be a Canada thing) and the cinnamon rolls were a little over cooked at breakfast.

But other than that I would definitely stay here again if need be.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
Best Western Plus Woodstock Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Ingersoll
The Bruce Hotel
The Bruce Hotel
#3 of 18 in Stratford

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Woodstock? Share your experiences!