“Price, room, service, absolutely excellent!”

Econo Lodge Woodstock
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Woodstock
“Price, room, service, absolutely excellent!”
Reviewed 7 November 2012

How many places out there actually try to help you save money.....this is the only one I know of and I've stayed at a lot of motels. You expect the service to be courteous when you check in but they went way beyond that.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Huntsville, Canada
Reviewed 1 November 2012

My son and I were passing through; didn't expect much for the price, but were pleasantly surprised. Everything in the room was simple, but sparkling clean. The breakfast lounge was small but comfortable and overlooked the street down below. Beds were extremely comfortable with the best pillow I've ever used. The gal working desk was one of the most sensible, accomodating, thoughtful hotel workers I've ever encountered in years of traveling. She deserves a raise. Wonderful service, thanks to her.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Muskoka Lakes, Canada
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Spent 2 nights and didn't regret it one bit! The employee lady who always works front desk was absolutely amazing. Not in-your-face... but thought of a dozen little things that made a good stay absolutely perfect. Simple hotel, but clean, fresh, and friendly. After 4 years of traveling to and from the U.S., sampling dozens of hotels, this one definitely topped the list of meaningful quality. Also, comfiest bed I've ever slept in.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Cambridge, Canada
Reviewed 21 October 2012

I live in Cambridge and don't drive but rely on my husband to drive me back and forth to Woodstock. On this particular weekend he was away so it was decided I would stay in Woodstock. I chose Econolodge because of my corporate discount. I was not disappointed! It was such a great stay! Front desk staff were all friendly and accomodating. Because I didn't need to be at work until 3 on checkout day they allowed for a late check out of 2pm. So thankful for that!! The room had every thing I needed. The bed was very comfortable. Sleep quality did not get top marks because of 2 weddings that were booked but that is not the hotels fault. I cannot wait to be able to stay here again!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
BC, Canada
Reviewed 11 September 2012

If you are in south western Ontario between T.O. and Windsor, I don't think you will find a cheaper place to stay. And in this case, "cheap" does NOT equal "a dive." It looks to have been completely renovated so the rooms are small but comfortable and clean, no stringy bits of carpet or lifting tiles, no '70s (or earlier) decor. The evening manager (owner?) was extremely friendly. Good value = very good rating.

Breakfast is basic. Really basic.

Room Tip: Breakfast is not much more than toast and coffee, as reported in another review. I was given a &quo...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
St Catharines
Reviewed 22 August 2012

My husband and I visit Woodstock on Saturday, August 18, 2012 and stay at this hotel. From the time we entered the hotel to the time we left the staff was so helpful and friendly. We had a suite with 2 separate rooms; this is the only hotel in Woodstock that has suite with two separate rooms that I could find. This is a small suite but it was great with the very high ceilings it makes it seem bigger. It was smaller than most hotels but the price reflected that too. Due to a car accident I have a lot of pain at night and at times my husband has to sleep elsewhere for parts of the night. The bed and sofa bed were very comfortable and we had a very good night sleep. Excellent place to stay, it's close to the downtown, shopping and lots of restaurants. We will surely return in the future when possible, all around, enjoyable stay. Only complain was breakfast was two choices of cold cereal, toast, bagel, store bought muffin, apples, tea, coffee, and juices, Very clean and nice place to set for breakfast . We were glad we were able to get breakfast at our convention, because breakfast did not look good, not up to standard of other hotels. The hotel looks like it doesn't have a kitchen but I feel the breakfast could do with some improvement. Overall I will surely return in the future when possible. I feel the prices, etc make this a great choice. The hotel staff made sure I was on the first floor because this hotel does not have an elevator on the 2 to 3 floors. They do have an elevator from ground to first floor if you need it, but there are also 5 steps also. We did not have a problem with parking, lots of street parking on weekend but due to my injuries the hotel was willing to let us park in the employee parking area if needed. When we got there we decided we would use the street level parking which is monitor with video by staff because I did not have to walk very far.

Room Tip: Plan to have breakfast else where if you need more than toast and coffee.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 530Wedding
ontario
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Loud air conditioning unit. They also had one of the world's smallest bathrooms - with a sink that barely fits in there! I would recommend either getting a premium room (if it exists) or checking elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Michelle F, Manager at Econo Lodge Woodstock, responded to this review, 10 August 2012
Hi we are sorry to here that you found your room to small. We would be intersted in knowing when you stayed so we can address this concern with the air conditioner and bathroom size. We will be happy to offer you a larger room for your next stay. We hope that you will please consider to stay with us when you are in the Woodstock area. Please feel free to contact the hotel with any further questions or concerns. Sincerely Hotel Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
Best Western Plus Woodstock Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Brantford, Ontario
Elm Hurst Inn & Spa
Elm Hurst Inn & Spa
#1 of 3 in Ingersoll

Been to Econo Lodge Woodstock? Share your experiences!