“Not what I expected.”

Econo Lodge Woodstock
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Woodstock
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Ratings for this hotel were good but I was very disappointed in it. Our room was at basement level. The room did not smell fresh. The street noise late at night was disturbing to our sleep. Walls and floors were thin and we had to run the air conditioner fan to block out the noise. The continental breakfast was one of the worst I have seen. We didn't eat. The desk lady was very helpful and did everything to make our stay pleasant. I would not stay again unless that really was the best in the area.

Room Tip: Don't get a basement room
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Michelle K, Manager at Econo Lodge Woodstock, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

So sorry you did not enjoy your experience at our hotel. I am sorry you we not happy with the rooms on the lower level I do agree our hotel is not your typical layout and would love for you to try us out again. May I suggest when booking you contact me directly and I will do my best to make your next stay with us a great experience.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

We picked this hotel based on the positive reviews in Trip Advisor and, once again, we found a great value. If you go to the Econo-Lodge Woodstock understanding that this is a budget hotel and is not the fanciest hotel that you have ever been to, then you will not be disappointed. Our room was not large, but it was very clean and well kept up. The desk clerk is one of the friendliest and most helpful people I have met at a hotel. I notice that others on this website have mentioned this also, and it is absolutely true.
This hotel is not a typical chain hotel that you might find along the side of a major highway, and that might take some getting used to for some people. The hotel's location is in downtown Woodstock and is in walking distance to a variety of restaurants. It's also a good base for a walking tour of some of the beautiful homes on some of the residential streets in this town.
If you are looking for a great value, efficient and friendly service, and a clean room, then this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Wonderful review glad you enjoyed your stay and the downtown location of our hotel. Service is a big part of our business and pleased you had a good experience. hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

The Woodstock Econolodge was wonderful. It is a beautiful hotel in a historic building. It is downtown close to many small and nice shops. There are also plenty of nice restaurants. The staff were wonderful and knowledgable about the town. I will make a point to stop there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for reviewing our hotel I so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay , truly the best thing to hear is that you will stay with us again. Thank you for your business

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Ankit M, General Manager at Econo Lodge Woodstock, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Dear Sam,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel in Woodstock, VA.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Ankit Mehta
Econo Lodge Woodstock
540-459-4086

Reviewed 25 January 2013

I discovered this hotel online when looking for a place for our employees to stay when working in Canada. They always ask to stay here now. I have one employee that after a long day made a joke about climbing stairs. I asked if he could be put on the lower level and BEHOLD he was placed in a lower floor room, and they have it in his profile to always reserve the lower level. Oh and Sanjeev knows everything I need when I call.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We stayed at the Woodstock Econo Lodge for 2 nights in January 2013. What a great little hotel. The staff is wonderful, the room was as advertised and it was very, very clean. Great location, walking distance to good restaurants and driving distance to London and the surrounding area. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 November 2012

when we got to the hotel the check in was super easy, the room was clean and up to date everything worked great. location was awesome. even used the workout room which looked as if it hadnt been used in monthes, it was a nice quiet hotel, the lady at the front desk was awesome and helped me find things to do while i was waiting for my boy to come home from work. the hair dryer didnt work and the soap smelled but other then that. this was a cheap/ afforable nice place to stay and i would reccomend it to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
Best Western Plus Woodstock Inn & Suites
#1 of 3 in Ingersoll
Days Inn Woodstock
Days Inn Woodstock
#4 of 6 in Woodstock

Been to Econo Lodge Woodstock? Share your experiences!