“Great DOWNTOWN hotel”

Econo Lodge Woodstock
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Woodstock
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Wonderful DOWNTOWN Woodstock hotel - absolutely great central location. Next to a great pub -Charles Dickens (see review). Wonderful hotel hostess/manager with area info and made sure we were not overcharged for anything. Why stay near the highway with nothing around you when you have such a better option??

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Alex R
Michelle K, Manager at Econo Lodge Woodstock, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Wonderful thank you for reviewing our hotel I very much appreciate it. So happy you enjoyed staying with us, as well as enjoying what downtown has to offer. We hope you'll be back again soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I have been staying at the Econo Lodge when I visit family in Woodstock since 2012. It's clean, affordable and quiet. I love the fact they have a coffee machine, fridge, and microwave in every room. I am not a big fan of eating out and prefer to stay in my room. Shoppers Drug Mart, a Convenience Store and a Dollar Store are all just a few blocks away on Dundas Street to get supplies. There is a farmer's market downtown every week for fresh produce and lots of grocery stores within driving distance who also have fresh produce.

Michelle Kirwin, the manager, is amazing. I have some medical conditions and she was more than helpful when I needed stuff. In fact, the next trip, she would remember what I requested the last time and set me up again. She is also very accommodating when my flights come in at weird times. A recent family crisis was well handled by Michelle and staff to accommodate everyone involved. I feel blessed we were all at the Econo Lodge and not somewhere else when this happened. Now THAT is customer service!!

Room Tip: For disabled, staying on the main floor is the best bet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Michelle K, Manager at Econo Lodge Woodstock, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you very much for the review. Thank you for choosing to stay with us when there are plently of other hotels in the area to choose from. I do hope you'll be back again. Wishing you and your family all the best this summer.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stayed overnight recently. The room (main floor), was clean, modern, comfortable although not overly large. We had a great rate, made even better because I can qualify as a senior now. The staff was friendly. The included breakfast was pretty basic but convenient. The location is right downtown so that is a bonus. Parking is likely the big negative. Choices are a municipal lot (the hotel provides a permit) or on street.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Michelle K, Manager at Econo Lodge Woodstock, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for reviewing our hotel, I appreciate the time you took to do this. I understand the parking concern for our guest and assure you that we have no issues in the area. Our city lot is well lit and in a desirable area, and our street parking have video surveillance and 24hr front desk staff on it. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

A good EconoLodge located right downtown Woodstock, just off the main street with cafes and restaurants, museum, gallery, bookstore, etc.
Not a typical new-built Econolodge usually found in the middle of nowhere outside of towns, this is a older hotel that was renovated in 2011 and maintains a bit of its 'rural town' character and warm hospitality.
Wifi throughout hotel, computer with printer in the lobby, reasonably nice breakfast in a sunny room off the lobby, free parking.
We stayed a night last year when visiting the Stratford Festival and were happy enough to come back this year again. It is an easy 30-minute drive through beautiful rural Ontario to/from Stratford and an opportunity to enjoy both a theatre performance or two, and a day out in a small town. We plan to be back next summer, too.
By the way, the inter-city bus has a stop in front of the hotel entrance on Graham Street, for those who do not want to drive.

Room Tip: We stayed in different rooms each time, on top floor. Room 402 is a bit bigger, with kitchenette, an...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Michelle K, Manager at Econo Lodge Woodstock, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this review I am pleased you once again enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for pointing out how nice of a drive it is to Stratford. I am sure many people who enjoy plays will now consider staying here and taking the short drive. We look forward to having you back again next summer.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed here just a couple weeks ago. The staff was very friendly; I asked the one girl for an extra pillow and extra towels and she promptly brought them to my room, insisiting I didnt need to come down to front desk for it. The room was clean comfortable and breakfast was just enough to get us up and going for the day, Forsure stay here again

Good Afternoon

Thank you for the great comments on our Hotel I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay here. I am also happy that my staff were able to assist you with you additional request. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future. Have a wonderful summer see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel and while the other reviews are correct the hotel is nice but the escort in the room next door was constantly making noise (I am sure I don't need to elaborate on the type of noises from an escorts room) and disturbed my sleep. When I asked the front desk they simply stated that she has been there for a long term rental so they would just move my room. I will not stay here again because I don't want people thinking I stay at an establishment where this goes on.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Biztrvler80
Michelle K, Manager at Econo Lodge Woodstock, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

I apologies for you bad experience at our hotel. I assure you I do not approve of that kind of business. When I became aware of the situation you spoke of and removed the guest from our location not only does that disturb guest but it is NOT what we have work hard to create. We run a beautiful and clean hotel and unfortunately bad experiences like this happened and I am truly sorry. I would love for the chance to earn your business again. And make your stay more enjoyable.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We chose this accommodation for its proximity ( 1 km ) to Oxford Gardens Senior Home. We trusted trip advisors top ratings and were not disappointed. You can see why this lodge is less money per stay than the newer spiffy hotels out on the golden mile, but you won't see a reason not to enjoy the savings. Pity the fool that would attempt to walk to a meal on that golden mile, you may get struck by a car in the parking areas let alone crossing the road. At Econolodge, there are dozens of independent restaurants right down the side walk on Dundas St. as well as places to drink and walk from. Dundas is an old school main street right out of the fifties, a rare opportunity to experience it is best had by staying in this re-built hotel that probably dates back to stage-coaches, it was good then, but is better now! If you walk north into the residential area, you will see no two houses the same, and soon realize architecturally Woodstock is a treasure, something the travellers on the golden mile surely will not realize...same as every other highway exit in North America. Your choice.
I should also mention that the staff were more interested in serving us than themselves, and because of the small size of this establishment, there were no lines witnessed during our peacefully quiet four day stay. Breakfast is only bagel , toast, cerial, juise and fruit, but this will leave you room to gorge on the fare available locally for lunch.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank russell c
Michelle K, Manager at Econo Lodge Woodstock, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

How nice that you get to share what downtown Woodstock has to offer travelers. I truly appreciate the time you spent writing this review and more then anything glad you like your stay at our hotel. We look forward to you staying with us again soon
Sincerely

Michelle Kirwin

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
Best Western Plus Woodstock Inn & Suites
#4 of 6 in Woodstock
Westmount Motel
Westmount Motel
#6 of 6 in Woodstock

Been to Econo Lodge Woodstock? Share your experiences!