“Hit and Miss”

Cuisines: Japanese
Woodstock, Ontario, Canada
“Hit and Miss”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I have been there a couple of times.
If you are lucky their food will be fresh...
But I would say half the time I have been there the food wasn't. Well.... stale sushies aren't good AT ALL.
I find the prices are not that interesting, as mentioned below. We usually go there to "celebrate" and spend about $56 for a family of 4 (2 adults and 2children under the age of 5)....
I don't eat a lot so it is definitely not worth the price unless you are very big eater and can eat at least 3 plates full...
The service is very basic, but I don't like being bothered when I am eating so that is okay.
They have sat me at a table in a corner with not lights before, they don't seem to understand that this isn't really nice...

• Visited June 2013

“Great lunch value”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Good choices, excellent quality and good service. A very good place for lunch and good value for the money

Visited December 2012
1 Thank sroeauthor
London, Canada
“VERY BAD”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

The place looks very nice, but the buffet is small, and even when new food came out, it was cold. The staff were taking up a few tables by sitting there and eatting. I could have used a pop refill, but they were to busy eatting...... what kind of service is that!?!?!?! The food was horrrrrrrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The sushi was rotten, the meats were tough, even the brownies for dessert tasted like ginger. This is why its so cheap to eat there. Me and my friend ended up getting subway right after, since we didn't eat anything.

• Visited June 2013
Woodstock, Canada
“Beware of supper prices!”
Reviewed 14 October 2012

We went to this restaurant in September. It is actually called Asian Buffet Chinese & Japanese Buffet. It has a Teppanyaki Grill. The grill is incredible. You put exactly what you want on a plate and pick out your sauce and the guy cooks it for you right there. It does not get any fresher than that. We were so impressed with our first visit which was a lunch buffet we brought our children there for Sunday supper Buffet. It was the same offering for lunch with the exception of two shrimp dishes. We arrived at 4:20 which was a bit early. The grill was amazing and you can't go wrong with ice cream or soup but the buffet looked like lunch leftovers. I wanted to write a second review to warn you about the supper prices. They jumped from 8.99 to 14.99 with nothing special offered for the big change in price. We paid adult pricing for one child and child for the other and with nothing to drink but water the price was 59.86 without the tip. I'd advise to go only for the lunch and not the supper! I bumped the rating because of the big change of price and nothing different offered.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank TheMoreTheMerrier
Woodstock, Canada
“You won't be disappointed!”
Reviewed 4 October 2012

We hadn't been to this restaurant in about five years and only decided to try it when we read a sign saying "New Management". It is a small well tended buffet. The waitress was very quick and pleasant. Our coffee and pop at $1.59 each were bottomless. What impressed us was the Teppanyaki Grill. At the back of the restaurant you can pick your raw meat, fresh cut veggies and type of noodle or rice. You put it on your own plate and take it to the guy at the grill. You select the sauce you want and he cooks it right there. When it is just perfect he puts it on a new plate and hands it you. Amazing! YUMMY!! The Sunday lunch buffet was $8.99 each. I would make a stop off the 401 to eat here. Take the Walmart exit. You go south about 4 lights to the cross of Norwich (the road you are on) and Parkinson, go through lights and it is tucked in the corner on the right. Enjoy :)

• Visited September 2012