“disgusting”
Review of Mel's Fish & Chips

Mel's Fish & Chips
Ranked #28 of 125 Restaurants in Woodstock
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The food was FULL of grease, soggy fish (haliburt), soggy fries, burned, it was terrible, AND, expensive. Just the worst meal ever. !!!!

1  Thank Joan H

Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you like greasy fish and chips, then this is where you want to go. Don't get me wrong, we eat here whenever we get fish and chips. The food is very good and you get a lot. I like the old style greasy fish and chips. Mel's has been in business a long time, and they are always busy. So they must be doing something right!

2  Thank TheWog
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The amount of fish for the price is well worth it and I highly recommend it to all travellers you will have more than you can eat if you choose the two piece dinner I myself have eaten it all but I was so stuffed I couldn't move after...Enjoy!

Reviewed 22 September 2013

We visit the restaurant every Friday and have never had a bad meal. Pick the special and two people can dine for as little as $9.50!! How's that for a deal in these days of rising prices and diminishing returns. The staff is extremely friendly and all have a great sense of humour. The restaurant has been around for many years and is a local fixture. Worth giving this restaurant a try.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

I will say I have visited mels a few times now and the most recent visit has been the most disappointing by far, the chips were a little greasy, the fish seemed smaller than last time, and the battered mushrooms were still frozen in the middle. Very friendly as always but I do think they do need to update the decor and maybe refresh the cooking and menu. At $48 it wasn't cheap either.