“Very relaxing”

Stowford Mill Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Wingfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed 1 night at this b and b, wish we could have stayed longer, an amazing place to stay very friendly and the breakfast was very good, they had no problem supplying a vegan breakfast for my wife.
the hosts were very knowledgeable of the area.
The room was very comfy,we were upgraded to the family suite at no extra cost!, the bed was so comfy and was it was so quiet at night than we had an amazing nights sleep!.
The bath was so big both my husband and myself could get in together,all the little extras like the bubble bath etc made it that little bit more special!!.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank simon c

Reviewed 16 June 2013

My husband and I just spent a lovely weekend at the beautiful Stowford Mill B&B.
We were greeted and made really welcome by out hosts Gail and Tony who offered advice on the local attractions and eateries.The house is beautiful with a lovely garden and stream running through it. The surrounding area has small art studios which added great interest to our stay. Cream teas can be enjoyed in a beautiful surroundings close by.
Our room with ensuite was spotless with a TV and wifi. Breakfast was a real treat!
My husband said that the breakfasts were the best he ever had which is good because he'll be cooking his own from now on!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Feistywingnut1
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We recently stayed at Stowford Manor Farm and were so impressed with all the extra touches that Tony & Gail put into making their guests feel welcome. They went the second mile in making us feel at home. Our room was lovely...so peaceful and quiet...with everything you would ever need...including fresh flowers! The breakfasts were delicious...but best of all was the hospitality and care that was shown to us - We highly recommend Stowford Manor Farm.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2013

It's probably unfair to lump this in with the B&B (which might be excellent) but just a warning - the campsite is not great. Near to noisy main road, basic wash facilities, no shop (for basics like milk/bread/cereal). 3 of our party went down with vomiting and we're pretty sure it was due to the grubby toilets.

On the plus side there is an old WWII pill box (fun for kids) and a river which makes for a refreshing swim (you can take a walk to the next field and pay a small fee to the local swimming club to use their facilities). But of course you can use these from the B&B.

I've given this a 3* rating only because I don't want to unfairly penalise the B&B, otherwise it would be lower. There isn't a separate entry for the campsite and I'm not sure how to add one!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Stayed here 1 night after visiting Longleat safari park ( about 20 mins away). As we had booked it fairly last minute and found it on an internet search, I was fairly open minded as to what it would be like. We weren't disappointed. As a family of 5 ( 3 children) we stayed in a self contained loft conversion of one of the old outbuildings. Via an easy staircase there are 2 double bedrooms, the larger of the 2 with an extra single bed. A bathroom on this level too and downstairs a shower room. Rooms are comfortable and well appointed and full of character. Tony and Gail are extremely welcoming and we had a delicious cream tea while waiting for our room. Breakfast was superb with lots of choice. The whole farm is so pretty it was a pleasure staying there and a good base to explore the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank itsnotmuchtoaskisit
Reviewed 26 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 nights whilst working at the Phoenix Flight centre nearby. B&B is fantastic. Lovely historical buildings, a mill stream flowing under the building. Fantastic breakfast, farm milk and bacon from next door. Nice rooms, fast wifi, ensuite shower. Can't go wrong here. Would come again for a weekend break!

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 24 September 2012

My friend & I decided to spend a weekend in Bath.I became rather frustrated at the lack of reasonable accomodation available in Bath itself and happened upon this lovely B & B in Wingfield just outside of Bath. Boy,what a little gem! We stayed in the hayloft amongst the teapot collection,little vases of wild flowers & quirky books. You have have to step over beams as well as duck under them & the one night I forget to duck & nearly scalped myself my friend & I laughed 'til we cried.The cream teas are fabulous & our breakfast was heavenly.Gail recommended a lovely pub in Bradford Upon Avon for our evening meal which was spot on. If you're looking for quaint & everything English this is the place for you!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank sandra w

Been to Stowford Mill Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!