“Very pleasant - would come again”
Review of Manor House Inn

Manor House Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Ditcheat B&B and Inns
Milton Keynes
“Very pleasant - would come again”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Looking for somewhere to stay whilst visiting Bruton, I found all local B&Bs around Bruton were booked up long ago due to a couple of weddings, and chanced upon the Manor House Inn. Not sure how many rooms they have - not many I think, but we had a very nice little room off the car park with it's own entrance, little hall and massive bathroom. Bit of an odd combo at first, but great for leaving the suitcase in the hall area and the bedroom was pleasantly decorated with rustic a.k.a. distressed furniture. Had to ask at the bar for milk for the tea, but that was easily supplied in a flask. Didn't eat dinner but had breakfast which was freshly cooked and huge. No complaints and would come again when next in this part of the world.

One word of warning - it was Saturday night and youngsters leaving the pub, laughing, girls screaming, driving away with music blaring, meant we heard every word. That makes me sound very old (and I'm not!) Surprised the locals don't complain.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I stayed for one night at Manor House Inn and found the accommodation and staff both wonderful. The rooms are in a recent stable conversion and mine was incredibly spacious, clean and modern. I had a great night's sleep, it was lovely being in the countryside and there's a great outdoor eating area as well. Breakfast was lovely and special mentions to Joe who was great to talk to and the lady (Danielle?) who kindly offered me a lift to where I needed to get to when I was struggling to get a cab. All in all, excellent, thanks to all the staff.

Room Tip: They all seemed excellent
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
West midlands
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Excellent accommodation, we had room 3 The Mews, car parking outside, overlooking the beer garden no stairs to climb, bathroom as big a bedroom a tad small but OK, well furnished, excellent meals and breakfast great staff, brill weather, tarmac melted, trotting horses, what more can one say thanks

Room Tip: The Mews has 3 rooms (I think) we had room 3 on the end, parking is just out the front door, bit dod...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Shepton Mallet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Was invited for lunch at the manor and I loved it.
The location is beautiful, the inside décor is really nice.
The staffs were very friendly and welcoming, which is very important to me.
The food was very good too.
Would really recommend the place and definitely come back
Well done and see you soon

Room Tip: The manor has a beautiful garden at the back, would probably come back on a sunny day for an outside...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Somerset, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I live fairly close by to this pub/restaurant and can't believe that it has taken me this long to try it out. I visited the village with my friend today for a walk and then popped into 'The Manor' for a pub lunch, as a treat for her birthday. The staff were very welcoming, friendly and attentive. We ordered drinks and when we said we had just been on a longish walk, the very kind lady behind the bar offered us a jug of water to go with our drinks (most welcome and a nice touch). We looked at the extensive and fairly priced menu. Our choice of Panini's, came with home cooked chips and a dressed salad. we had chosen two different ones and wanted to share, so asked if that would be okay. The Panini's had been cut we had been given half of each. They were delicious! I will definitely be returning as the menu looks very good and I would love to try more from it. I know the pub has been taken over recently, and as I have not been before, I have nothing to compare it to. However, well done to all involved at 'The Manor' you are doing a fantastic job and with so many good pubs in the area-you are certainly up there with one to recommend to people.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Emma C
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2013

We stayed three nights and would highly recommend Manor House Inn. The location is excellent with good access to many attractions, the countryside is beautiful and the pub is very popular with the locals. Many were in every night! Clearly very connected to the local community. Superb food and very friendly staff. The food menu has both good value and high end choices with many local businesses featuring as suppliers, including the local bakery and cheese farm. We ate there every evening as we couldn't see any point eating elsewhere as the food is so good. Of course, we also had breakfast there!
The rooms have been recently refurbished and are very nice. The bathroom has under floor heating and you get a good drench in the shower! The room was fine although I found the mattress a little uncomfortable. This wasn't a memory foam mattress and I must also say that my girlfriend thought it was fine. We made a few recommendations about improvements and these were accepted with grace and enthusiasm.
The pub/restaurant and kitchen were going through some upgrading and redecoration (the builder's dust unfortunately was unavoidable but will be gone soon) and we think this will elevate the Manor House Inn to an excellent place to stay very soon. We would highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alan C
Essex, England
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Had a great meal at The Manor House Inn whilst in the area this week, the best meal of our mini break.
Superb asparagus with duck egg and herbs, gorgeous lemon sole and a fab cheese plate.
Warm and friendly atmosphere and service topped it off nicely.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ditcheat
Bannatyne Hotel - Charlton House
#1 of 2 in Evercreech
Bowlish House
Bowlish House
#6 of 36 in Shepton Mallet

Been to Manor House Inn? Share your experiences!