My wife and I stayed here recently with our three month daughter. The lobby is spectacular, when you walk in you know your entering into a real five star hotel. We were staying in one of the golf course view rooms on the east wing. The room was close enough to the lakeside that we still enjoyed a lovely view of the lake and mountains. Rooms are recently renovated and are a massive improvement from the old rooms which were very dated. Nice big comfy bed with a separate elevated sitting area with a flat screen TV. No tea or coffee facilities which is disappointing however they are provided on request. Bathroom is new with a walk in wet room type shower, no bathtub. Only complaint with the room was the lack of AC, it got far too warm at night and we had to open the balcony door.
The lobby and public areas are beautifully appointed and very comfortable with loads of places to sit down and relax. The spa and pool area is second to none.Sitting in the heated outdoor infinity pool with the rain coming down gazing at the mountains is a great way to spend some time.
Where the hotel falls down is the quality of food. The spa cafe was the low point, service was very slow and the food was well below par. We ate in the brasserie and while it was an improvement from the last time we ate there, it still wasn't great for the price. The wine is particularly overpriced. The bar & lounge are comfortable places to finish off the evening.
The hotel is undoubtedly five star with great facilities, friendly staff who are great with kids and breathtaking views. However it does come at a stiff price. However as a treat it is worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the shores of Lough Lein, The 5 Star Europe Hotel and Resort has been welcoming guests for over fifty years and has reopened after a 70m face lift which includes the stunning 4,600 sq.m. spa called ESPA at The Europe. From the moment you cross the threshold of the hotel you step into another world. A magnificent two story atrium with glass doors leads onto a garden terrace with a view of the lake and the mountains beyond which leaves you breathless. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Europe Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Europe Hotel Killarney
- The Europe Hotel And Resort
- Europe Hotel Killarney