“5 stars for excellent food, luxury and service”

The Europe Hotel & Resort
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Fossa
Cork
“5 stars for excellent food, luxury and service”
Reviewed 1 November 2012

I recently stayed in the Europe Hotel and Resort on a family weekend. A weekend with parents, brothers, other halves and everything in between it can be difficult to find something to suit everybody but I must say The Europe Hotel had it all!

The whole experience was so superb from start to finish. The highlight for me being the fantastic meal we enjoyed at the Brassiere. We decided to choose the Brassiere for dinner mostly for its funky yet classy interior and wide ranging menu. I expected a buzzing ambience, good wine list and great food. What I got was the best meal I have ever had including the best fillet steak I have ever had – and I lived in Calgary, Alberta – a town famed for its world class steaks. I ordered medium rare and it was cooked to perfection – like butter melting in my mouth. It was served with a baked potato and some sour cream on the side – pure indulgence and pure delish! Everyone at the table was more than impressed with the choices available and the meal they were served. Only my mother and I were drinking so I was also very presently surprised to be able to choose almost any wine I wanted from the very extensive list by the glass. My bother is a finicky eater and even he had a great choice on the menu. To top it all off we went to the dessert buffet where we sampled a few too many of the delicious deserts on offer. The desert buffet is held in my favourite room in the Europe and is such a unique and novel idea.

The Spa was amazing, magnificent views of the lakes combined with sheer luxury make it a world class spa. My mother, who would typically not ‘do spas’ had to be dragged out of it to get ready for Dinner. My father despises water so he did not join us in the Spa but instead walked around the splendid gardens of the Europe to take in the surroundings. Following this he took advantage of one of the many relaxing hideaways located all around the hotel and read his book for the afternoon – in my Dad’s world an afternoon like this is heaven!

Breakfast is also a wonderful experience, the dining room also has the advange of great views. The breakfast is very fresh and very varied the fry looked great but I opted for the pancakes, fruit and lots of fresh bread which I was delighted to see as I don’t care for the full Irish.

Last but not least is the service. The staff at the Europe could not be more accommodating. From check in to check out every staff member we met helped to make our stay one to remember. The hotel is in pristine condition and everyone greets you with a smile. Honestly the only bad thing I could say about the weekend was that it had to end! 10 out of 10 in my books!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (461)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
Oldsmar, Florida
Reviewed 31 October 2012

The Europe Hotel boasts a modern upscale resort on the very outskirts of Killarney. Located on the lakeshore it has amazing views of the Killarney Lake and the mountains. Our suite was well appointed with a large sitting area (couch/chairs), desk area, and king size bed with the plushest linens. The bathroom had a large shower as well as a tub with a spacious counter. We like the pants press and the heated towel racks. Our third floor room had terrific views of the lake, mountains, and modern gardens. The bagpipes on Friday evening were enjoyable as well as a huge fireworks (weren’t sure if this was part of a wedding or the norm). The morning breakfast in the Panorama Restaurant is excellent! A huge spread of hot items, pastries, cereals and made to order omelets, etc. One of the best breakfast spreads we had while in Ireland. Additionally, dinner in the Panorama Restaurant is a special treat with their delicious food and panoramic view. The staff are all conscientious and gracious during our visit. Quickly responded to any request we might have. The location is very convenient. It is adjacent to the Killarney Golf & Fishing Club and just a few miles from downtown Killarney. The hotel does not have AC which normally isn’t a concern with their cooler weather. The huge sliding glass door provides good ventilation for keeping the room comfortable.

Room Tip: We especially liked our 3rd floor room facing the lakes. The views are terrific of the lakes, the g...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Stayed here several months ago now, and in the meantime have stayed in several other five star hotels both for work and leisure around the world and none compare. Even on a damp misty day you can start off in style in the spa/ pools , the outdoor hot tub and breath in the air and savour the tranquility. Enjoy tasteful and well prepared meals and enjoy the ambience of the bar/ lounge after a day of hill walking. I look forward to going back again and don't think I even want to leave the hotel and grounds next time!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed 30 October 2012

The brasserie at the Europe Hotel & Resort is not only well appointed and with a view that must be hard to beat. Service here as one would expect is excellent and the food is very very good. The menu is well thought out and caters for all tastes and humours. The food combinations are terrific and the breads, made on the premises are absolutely fantastic, full marks to all of the catering staff. Whilst partaking of this excellent food one looks out on the lake an idyllic setting and one that makes you want linger. If you should be anywhere near this hotel do treat yourself and have a
wonderful meal in a beautiful setting.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Killarney
Reviewed 29 October 2012

I love coming to the Europe Hotel with its sheer luxuriousness. It is quality beyond anything else that does it for me.

The Spa staff are wonderful, Michael assisted me with the state of the art gym, I enjoyed my daily trip there and the beautiful apples at the end of a hard workout.

The spa cafe is quite with complimentary magazines serving lovely food and drinks!

I love sitting in the foyer reading the daily paper with a pot of coffee and of course those delicious scones with cream and that very fruity jam.

The restaurant serve's late into the night and is ideal when the children are in bed, We can still get beautiful food and just sit and relax with a drink or two maybe even 3 or more. The staff were very nice and acknowledges the importance of our time.

The scenery is just amazingly beautiful, I experienced the outside Jacuzzi pool in the snow earlier this year which was to die for.

I find the staff very professional and helpful. They are great with extra requests and goes to great lengths to assist you.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Dublin
Reviewed 22 October 2012

we stayed in The Europe last week for 5 nights and wow it was a fantastic experience. I have stayed in The Ritz Carlton, I have stayed in Hayfield Manor, I have stayed in The G, but this beat them all, how have I not heard about this hotel before? It is exactly what you see on the website and more (usually a hotel is never as nice in real life?) If you like friendly five star with a plush not boring feel, The Europe is for you. The food was fabulous and reasonably priced, the spa was amazing (its an ESPA, was better than the one in the ritz) and the views from the hotel are stunning. The Europe is a destination in itself but then on top of that you have all the gorgeous things to do in Killarney & Kenmare, we could easily have stayed another 5 days and not ran out of things to do. Bear in mind that at the moment (Oct 2012) it's low season so the hotel is very quiet midweek,we felt as if we owned it! but then it really filled up at the weekend. Dont forget to try the complimentary pony riding with Bob, it was lots of fun.
My only gripe, if you'd even call it that, is that The Panomara restaurant lacked atmosphere on the Saturday night, despite being busy. I think its the lighting, they have candles galore in the rest of the hotel, but not here. They should put some candlebras along the windowsill or something, as it was way too bright in there. But that was as bad as it got!
If you are going off season, mid week and last minute, like we were, dont be afraid to bargain over the price. we made them an offer for a suite that was alot less than their quoted prices and they said yes. but i suppose that only works at the last minute and if you are prepared to go elsewhere. we were very glad we got to stay at The Europe and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
County Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 21 October 2012 via mobile

It's our second stay at The Europe and we LOVE it! Especially since the renovations! The restaurant design is now five star! Not like the place from the seventies it was before. The food was amazing! We waited AGES for our main course, due to two very large tables. We didn't complain or made a fuss as we were totally chilled but we were starved! The restaurant manager was very apologetic and offered the wine. Commercial gesture appreciated. Breakfast was great! A 5 star buffet.
The ESPA is still truly amazing! For me it's the best spa in Ireland. The hotel was very busy but you don't feel overcrowded. It's truly relaxing.
The room was extremely spacious and refurbished to Hugh standards. The bathroom just perfect with separate bath & shower!
Basically a true 5 star hotel now!! We will be back.

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fossa
Lake Hotel
The Killarney Park Hotel
The Killarney Park Hotel
#3 of 38 in Killarney
Parknasilla Resort & Spa

Been to The Europe Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!