I recently stayed in the Europe Hotel and Resort on a family weekend. A weekend with parents, brothers, other halves and everything in between it can be difficult to find something to suit everybody but I must say The Europe Hotel had it all!
The whole experience was so superb from start to finish. The highlight for me being the fantastic meal we enjoyed at the Brassiere. We decided to choose the Brassiere for dinner mostly for its funky yet classy interior and wide ranging menu. I expected a buzzing ambience, good wine list and great food. What I got was the best meal I have ever had including the best fillet steak I have ever had – and I lived in Calgary, Alberta – a town famed for its world class steaks. I ordered medium rare and it was cooked to perfection – like butter melting in my mouth. It was served with a baked potato and some sour cream on the side – pure indulgence and pure delish! Everyone at the table was more than impressed with the choices available and the meal they were served. Only my mother and I were drinking so I was also very presently surprised to be able to choose almost any wine I wanted from the very extensive list by the glass. My bother is a finicky eater and even he had a great choice on the menu. To top it all off we went to the dessert buffet where we sampled a few too many of the delicious deserts on offer. The desert buffet is held in my favourite room in the Europe and is such a unique and novel idea.
The Spa was amazing, magnificent views of the lakes combined with sheer luxury make it a world class spa. My mother, who would typically not ‘do spas’ had to be dragged out of it to get ready for Dinner. My father despises water so he did not join us in the Spa but instead walked around the splendid gardens of the Europe to take in the surroundings. Following this he took advantage of one of the many relaxing hideaways located all around the hotel and read his book for the afternoon – in my Dad’s world an afternoon like this is heaven!
Breakfast is also a wonderful experience, the dining room also has the advange of great views. The breakfast is very fresh and very varied the fry looked great but I opted for the pancakes, fruit and lots of fresh bread which I was delighted to see as I don’t care for the full Irish.
Last but not least is the service. The staff at the Europe could not be more accommodating. From check in to check out every staff member we met helped to make our stay one to remember. The hotel is in pristine condition and everyone greets you with a smile. Honestly the only bad thing I could say about the weekend was that it had to end! 10 out of 10 in my books!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the shores of Lough Lein, The 5 Star Europe Hotel and Resort has been welcoming guests for over fifty years and has reopened after a 70m face lift which includes the stunning 4,600 sq.m. spa called ESPA at The Europe. From the moment you cross the threshold of the hotel you step into another world. A magnificent two story atrium with glass doors leads onto a garden terrace with a view of the lake and the mountains beyond which leaves you breathless. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Preferred Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Europe Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Europe Hotel Killarney
- The Europe Hotel And Resort
- Europe Hotel Killarney