“5 Stars and then some”

The Europe Hotel & Resort
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Fossa
Reviewed 23 December 2012

We ended up in The Europe only because we booked our trip so late, but it was the best mishap that ever could've happened. The hotel was AMAZING. The layout, the view of the lakes, the restaurants, the rooms, and the staff were all incredible. We had very little planned prior to heading out on this trip, and each day the staff helped us by making calls to help us make what we wanted to do happen. Totally worth the extra money to stay. Absolutely elegant, yet completely comfortable. The only downside is that you end up with about a 15E cab ride into town because it's further out, but when you look out the back to the view of the lakes, it's more than worth it.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,536)

Reviewed 16 December 2012

As soon as we arrived the stresses of life and the world slipped from our collective shoulders. The elegantly decorated foyer backlit by extraordinary vistas of the Killarney lakes greeted us. Every room thereafter was a tasteful use of space and light to create an aura that is almost indescribable. This hotels oozes comfort and promises immediate tranquility with a service that is colloquially friendly. Our rooms were magnificent. We enjoyed the Penthouse suits as a gift to my parents who were celebrating their 50th Wedding anniversary. I am not exaggerating we would have been content to stay in the room for our entire stay it was so beautiful, with the most breathtaking scenery. We felt truly spoilt. I would recommend this hotel to anyone seeking a break from the worlds madness or a romantic hideout.

Room Tip: I cannot say more about the rooms or the location I suspect you will not be disappointed with any ch...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I was promised a weekend of pampering and romance and this hotel provided the perfect setting for both. The hotel staff, from the moment we arrived and throughout our stay, could not do enough for us. The treatment in the spa was fabulous and only matched by the high quality of the food. The room was spacious and luxurious, and the complimentary chocolates and fruit didn't last too long.

I am looking forward to repeating the experience, as soon as possible.

Room Tip: A room in the main body of the hotel is preferable, for a magnificent lake view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2012

This hotel is simply unbeatable when it comes to location, scenery, faclities, character and luxury. It literally has it all and so much more...you will NOT want to leave! I didn't and have already booked my next visit for this weekend. It has to be seen to be believed. If you want the wow factor, sheer indulgence and something that little bit special, this is it!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 December 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my husband and baby girl this week for one night. It was fabulous. great food, service and facilities. The best 5 star we have stayed in, hands down. Waiter Joe was so friendly to our baby, in fact everyone was. This is a relaxed and fantastic place. Not at all stuffy, just perfect. Keep it up lads! (-:

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 December 2012

One of my favourite hotels in the world is The Connaught Hotel in Mayfair London, They know how to do it. I have found one in Ireland that achieves the same Standard and thats the Europe hotel in Killarney. Perfectly placed just outside the town in one of the most beautiful areas in the world. The General Manager there is a guy called Michael Brennan, he runs as if it his own. Ever present in the hotel he's there day and night and his attention to detail knows no bounds. I don't do spa's but this one has one of the best i have ever seen.The staff there are fantastic and take time to show you all the facilities. The hotel has many areas where you can slide off for a bit of peace and quite and the comfort is fantastic. Big oversized couches and lots of newspapers,magazines etc. The rooms which you will find hard to leave are finished to the highest standard i have seen in a long time. We dined in the brassiere and the food is fantastic with efficient,friendly local irish staff you will be well looked after. Breakfast is a truly a splendour with lots of fresh local foods,you just cant go wrong. if you have children with you they will not want to leave, they have a full top notch programme to keep your darlings occupied and happy. I have only done a few reviews so you have to impress me greatly to get me to react. Forget about the 5 star chain of hotels that are dotted around the world, Go to the Europe in Killarney and see hows its done.Perfect i shall be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a Lakeview room just a lake and a mountain in front of you
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank judeDrumm
Reviewed 3 December 2012

I have considered staying at this hotel many times, the public areas are stunning and the location is unbeatable, however the rooms let it down in the past. They have recently completed renovations of the rooms and they are spectacular. The hotel now has the complete package, fantastic rooms, amazing spa (the best I have been to in Ireland and I have probably been to them all!), incredible restaurant and idyllic location. The swimming pool has to be seen to be believed, total opulence. The staff are warm and friendly, everything about this place is 5 star plus. Every inch of the hotel is immaculate and furnished to the highest standard, it really does have the ultimate wow factor. I can't recommend The Europe highly enough and am already booking my next visit. I don't usually write reviews but couldn't resist after my stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: The lake view rooms are a must
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fossa
1 mi away
#8 of 38 in Killarney
The Dunloe
The Dunloe
#1 of 1 in Beaufort

Been to The Europe Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!