I have recently stayed at the newly refurbished hotel europe and resort in killarney, i stayed here in 2006 and wanted to return to the hotel to see the refurbishment as our stay in 06 had being fantastic. On Arrival at the hotel i was greeted by a young gentleman in a suit with a very pleaseant "good afternoon you are very welcome" no second chance at a first time inmpession? The we checked in to the hotel and our luggage was taken to our room by a man called donie who gave us a a bit of background on the new hotel. Our room was spotless and very nice but looking out at the lake was a bit of an eye sore becuase of the machinery that was still working outside of the hotel but we didnt worry too much becuase we were upgraded to a lakeview room free of charge, We then went to the brasserie for some food around 6.30 and to say the least the food was not 5 star standard service was excellent no complaints here. Just as we went to get up from our main course the same gentleman that greeted us on arrival came over and said hello everything ok can i get ye tea oor desserts/drink etc he had such a pleasent attitude that we decided to stay, we ordered and he chatted with us for some time makeing us feel welcome answering all our questions and giving us and update on the work in progress a, after dinner we went back to our room and rang down to reception for a bucket of ice within minuites knock at the door the sameguy again whom we had then found out to be david,he seamed to be everywhere .next morning he was in the breakfast room checking tables and spoke with us again on our departure we felt like we had a new friend in the hotel europe we will be back . just a few points to the general manager. no mini bar in the room no towels changed at turndown, no wake up call, no room service after 11pm dont want to sound like a moan but these need attention. dont get me wrong this is a fantastic hotel and i can understand that every hotel will have teathing problems. will be returning in july again to see have problems being rectified ......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the shores of Lough Lein, The 5 Star Europe Hotel and Resort has been welcoming guests for over fifty years and has reopened after a 70m face lift which includes the stunning 4,600 sq.m. spa called ESPA at The Europe. From the moment you cross the threshold of the hotel you step into another world. A magnificent two story atrium with glass doors leads onto a garden terrace with a view of the lake and the mountains beyond which leaves you breathless. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Preferred Hotels, Priceline, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your The Europe Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Europe Hotel Killarney
- The Europe Hotel And Resort
- Europe Hotel Killarney