Myself and my wife stayed here back in October for 3 nights. This is a very nice hotel with lovely wide open spaces to relax and very friendly service from all the staff. The weather was very stormy when we were there and it only added to the feeling of comfort looking out at it.
We ate in the fine dining restaurant on one night and in the bistro on another. The food is excellent in both but the fine dining restaurant is very big, it is also the breakfast room and can feel very empty and airy at night. Food in the bistro is as expensive as the other and I suppose a bar food option would be nice instead. There is lounge food during the day but thisd stops in the evening.
We used the gym every day and it is very good. The spa was excelent and we both had very nice treatments. The pool area was not so relaxing as it was full of children all day and as children do they make a lot of noise!
The only gripe I had was parking. There is plenty of it and yet people parked right outside the front door in the no parking area and not only that but up on the footpath with no regard for anyone who might be in a wheel chair or have dificulty walking. I'm very surprised at the hotel allowing this to spoil their entrance and even more surprised that 2 of the monster 4x4s were parked there from the moment we arrived until the monent we left 4 days later!
So in summary, apart from the rudeness of some guests i would highly reccommend this hotel and in my opinion it is better than powerscourt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the shores of Lough Lein, The 5 Star Europe Hotel and Resort has been welcoming guests for over fifty years and has reopened after a 70m face lift which includes the stunning 4,600 sq.m. spa called ESPA at The Europe. From the moment you cross the threshold of the hotel you step into another world. A magnificent two story atrium with glass doors leads onto a garden terrace with a view of the lake and the mountains beyond which leaves you breathless. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda and TravelUp so you can book your The Europe Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Europe Hotel And Resort
- The Europe Hotel Killarney
- Europe Hotel Killarney