I visited with my husband for a weekend break. We had a lake view room and the views were well worth the extra money. The room was very spacious and had every amenity I'd expect from a 5 star hotel.
Lots of nice areas downstairs to enjoy a quiet drink.
Breakfast was lovely, great choice and a funky pancake making machine. The breakfast chef seemed to love her job and was so friendly and enthusiastic.
The pool area was lovely especially the hot tub. It was snowing and was very cool being outdoors in the freezing cold but feeling snug and looking out at the views.
We had a lovely dinner in the main restaurant which was excellent. We chose the desert buffet which meant we went to the bar to finish but I wouldn't recommend that as the bar was busy and we were wandering around trying to find somewhere to sit for desert.
All the staff were very friendly and professional and it was lovely to see so many locals working in the hotel.
Highly recommended. Great weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the shores of Lough Lein, The 5 Star Europe Hotel and Resort has been welcoming guests for over fifty years and has reopened after a 70m face lift which includes the stunning 4,600 sq.m. spa called ESPA at The Europe. From the moment you cross the threshold of the hotel you step into another world. A magnificent two story atrium with glass doors leads onto a garden terrace with a view of the lake and the mountains beyond which leaves you breathless. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com and TravelUp so you can book your The Europe Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Europe Hotel And Resort
- The Europe Hotel Killarney
- Europe Hotel Killarney