The hotel has had a huge investment, and is clearly aimed at the conference market. It was not busy when we stayed, and unfortunately the Panarama Restaurant was closed throughout our stay. The small shop was also closed, which was a bit of a pain, as it meant going out to buy bits and pieces. The overall decor and maintenance of the hotel is superb.
Our one bedroom suite overlooking the lake was beautiful - the grounds are immaculate and we saw deer along the lakeside as well as other wildlife. Sadly no eagles!
The breakfast was good, as was the food in the Brasserie, although neither were outstanding.
The staff, on the whole, were excellent, particularly the Reception staff welcoming us and helping throughout our stay and the restaurant staff. The only negative experience was on our final night when the housekeeper wanted to 'turn down' around 6.30 as we were getting ready for dinner. When I said it was too early, she thrust the water and chocolates at me, and disappeared as quickly as she could! Made us laugh - she'd obviously had a long day!
I had a facial which was lovely, and my husband used the fitness centre and pool a great deal. We have stayed in many hotels all over the world, and he thought this was the best fitness set-up he'd seen. Despite the weather being decidedly dodgy, he would be happy to return here time and time again purely for the facilities.
I'm sure we will return in the future, when we're in need of a short break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the shores of Lough Lein, The 5 Star Europe Hotel and Resort has been welcoming guests for over fifty years and has reopened after a 70m face lift which includes the stunning 4,600 sq.m. spa called ESPA at The Europe. From the moment you cross the threshold of the hotel you step into another world. A magnificent two story atrium with glass doors leads onto a garden terrace with a view of the lake and the mountains beyond which leaves you breathless. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Europe Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Europe Hotel Killarney
- The Europe Hotel And Resort
- Europe Hotel Killarney