“Paradise found......!!!”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Fossa
Cork, Ireland
“Paradise found......!!!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I was lucky enough to go to the ESPA in the Europe hotel in Killarney just this weekend and can honestly say it was heaven on earth!!!
The spa itself is just amazing from outdoor pools to the indoor pool, the salt pool and numerous other areas of relaxation, you are really spoilt for choice.
Me and my friends were day spa guests with the special offer they had at the time which was full use of the 2 levels of the spa area, lunch and also an hours treatments which consisted of a facial and back massage. I have never had a facial before but I certainly will be having more after this experience, my therapist was Aoife if I remember correctly, her hands were like silk!!!
We dined before our treatments in the Spa Cafe which was a buffet so we sampled alot of what was on offer, I wanted to have the stir fried chicken which was made fresh in front of me and was given loads of it, very nice chef and equally the staff in restaurant are very professional, a group of 14 people arrived in and as it was a lovely day, they wanted to eat al fresco, this was set up in a matter of minutes for them!
All in all, I loved every second of my time there, I did this offer last year with my friends also but noticed this time, we did not get any free samples in a gift bag but was informed that this was not part of the offier this time.
My only advise would be go early and stay as long as you possibly can!!! :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Susie B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (461)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
Clare
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Our initial impression of the hotel was disappointing. When we checked in we were given our room only to find that it wasn't cleaned.

We ate lunch in the brasserie which was nice, but we were very disappointed when we arrived down that evening to find out that both the Panorama restaurant and bar were closed. We were informed that it only opens Thurs to Sat except in the summer (obviously the 4th June is not summer in this hotel).

The breakfast the next day was very poor for a 5 star hotel. It was only self- service, no menu selection. I opted for the chef to make me poached eggs and requested them to be cooked hard boiled. To my annoyance they were running and under cooked. I called the waitress and asked her could she ask the chef to make another two. Finally after about 10mins I got a fresh breakfast plate and was totally frustrated when after two attempts the eggs were still cooked runny. By this stage I gave up and settled with coffee and toast.
We won't be rushing back to this hotel on our next 5 star treat.

5 Thank Monica065
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Spent 2 nights here with my wife, what a stunning property. The views are amazing, the facilities top notch, service outstanding. The room itself was grand. We will be back, as soon as we can plan a trip to Ireland again.

1 Thank justlogical
ireland
Reviewed 9 June 2014

having spent 3 nights in the "europe"after a 10 year gap,we were not dissapointed!bedrooms are large with plenty of bed space,bathrooms 100% with slippers and fluffy towelling robes.fabulous view of "lake leane" and the mountains.
staff excellent and nothing was too much trouble.
really good swimmming pool,spa good,products-espa-.vg.only negative vibe was that the music in the relaxing area drove me mad!!too noisy !not relaxing.
we ate all meals (except breakfasts and i evening meal in the brasserie,ok,not 5 *.
the main restaurant,food very good and service excellant,

Room Tip: pay up and get a lakeside view!tranquility!
1 Thank coleen10
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The most stunning view in Ireland!
After a particularly stressful 5 hours drive down (we timed badly!) as soon as we arrived and stepped foot out onto our balcony, we started to relax. A quick swim and a cocktail on the terrace and we were restored! (My only disappointment in the hotel were the cocktails - I wanted them to be so much better!!)

We enjoyed dinner each night before heading up to our room to change into warmer clothes & heading out to the terrace at dusk to watch night fall over the lake enjoying a great bottle of wine - it was so peaceful & calming. The view is spectacular. Luxury hotel but without the pretence. Staff are all really relaxed and genuinely friendly - and that calm, happy vibe is contagious.

Amazing crab claws in the brasserie, breakfast was amazing - great choice and variety, the chefs on hand at the egg stations were very accommodating!

Espa spa is gorgeous, the gym is well equipped, the pool area spotless an the thermal suite is brilliant I had the two hour back massage, indian head massage and facial experience - I was floating afterwards. A proper treat.

We left the hotel in a bubble of calm- great stay!

Room Tip: Pick a lake facing room
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

It is a special treat to stay in this hotel,you will get no view like it in Ireland!its surrounded by the most peaceful and stunning views.the hotel is luxury and food is amazing.
It is expensive but worth a treat when you can!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Flair1
Cork
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Great suite with amazing balcony showing the main attraction, the amazing lake and mountains. Reception kindly facilitated a late check out which was perfect to relax and enjoy the Sunday papers and the view.
Last nights dinner in The Panorama restaurant was good, the starter in particular (tuna carpaccio) was excellent followed by a relaxing drink listening to pleasant entertainment in the bar.
Breakfast is a Buffett and was a little disappointed to see that there were no menu options here.
However what was available was great. Will I be back? Definitely.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank BreeVandacamp
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fossa
Lake Hotel
The Killarney Park Hotel
The Killarney Park Hotel
#3 of 38 in Killarney
Parknasilla Resort & Spa

Been to The Europe Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!