“Lunchtime Bliss”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Fossa
Dublin, Ireland
“Lunchtime Bliss”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I was blown away by the Europe on my visit last weekend. While we only visited for lunch we vowed to come back & stay in the near future. Having been lucky enough to experience some of the finest hotels in the world I felt that the level of service & quality of the physical product leaves the Europe as one of the best hotels in the country. We were looked after by Jo who had the perfect balance of warmth & friendliness while maintaining a 5 star level of service. As it was a very sunny afternoon we sat out on the busy terrace enjoying breathtaking views of the lake while having some beautifully prepared salads & some drinks. While not cheap we felt with the quality of service & food & overall ambiance it represented good value for money. We took a walk around the grounds after lunch & were blown away by the quality & style of the hotel. Can't wait to come back again.

3 Thank rockyplace

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
Co Antrim
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

The most beautiful hotel in the most idyllic location. If I could leave 10 stars I would. We stayed here with family members in July, staff could not have been nicer. Jo in the restaurant went above and beyond to ensure we were well looked after.
The pool and spa is out of this world definitely will be returning soon.
Pay the little bit extra for a lake view room - it will be worth every penny..

Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Utacarisabothar
cork
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I want to begin as saying that the views are breath taking and that I would recommend a stay here, the pool and spa area are really comfortable and relaxing and surprisingly child friendly, The hotel appears spotlessly clean, we had dinner in the restaurant which I could not fault, our server Jo was so kind and helpful, Our room was on the ground floor and was very spacious with a lovely view of the lake, I was surprised to learn that the rooms do not have air conditioning which was needed on the night we stayed as the Irish weather had decided to be good for a change! I was also surprised that a king size bed had only two pillows on it, unfortunately, in the room next door there was an extremely noisy group which continued to shout until 1am, I was travelling with a small baby and I really didn't want the baby's sleep to be disturbed, The next morning as I was checking out I wasn't asked how my stay was which was disappointing as I have always been asked previously at other hotels that question however, I did make a suggestion to the receptionist to avoid putting someone next to the noisy crowd if they were staying longer then myself to which I didn't get much of a reply, having worked in this industry myself I do understand that you can be busy and under pressure but you must always make the customer feel like your stay was important to them if you want them to return again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank carolinekCork
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 July 2014

What a fantastic place. Right on the shores of Loch Leane. The incredible view only surpassed by the exceptional service. If you want to enjoy the beautiful south west of Ireland, spend a few days at this resort just outside Killarney.

1 Thank Eric R
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed in the Europe for a weekend break and it was just fabulous! The pool, indoor/outdoor jacuzzi and salt water pool were a real treat. What made the stay really special was the high level of coeliac awareness and excellent dining options for my gluten free husband. He was utterly spoiled. The Europe in my new favourite hotel in Killarney, we will be back.

Room Tip: Pick a lake view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank purplejoe
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Definitely the best luxurious lake side hotel in Ireland. It has it all; delicious dining, The Brasserie is great for seafood dinners and nice wine, huge variety breakfast buffet with made to order (tailored to us figure conscious) omlettes!, comfort, style, top class spa, pool, outdoor and indoor jacuzzi, great gym, walks, cycles, kayaking, boating, shuttle bus, helpful & friendly staff. Nice to see some Kerry people on the team they are great craic and really full of the local knowledge! Pay the extra for the lake view with spacious balcony - it is more than worth it - u wont regret it. Great for a "sensible" spa weekend, couples, families and business. The outdoor jacuzzi and sun lounging area are my favorite. As are the quiet library and lounge area for reading a book over a herbal tea, overlooking the breath taking views. The whole place has a sense of calmness - I think its from the lake and the team there. Nobody bothers you if you don't want to be bothered! The beds are so comfortable with really high quality linen.
If you prefer a more formal dining experience one evening try the dining room magnificent cuisine to taste.
This place just ticks all of the boxes. Having stayed there about five times now, I'm already planning my next trip to The Europe.
Just book it - you too will fall head over heels and fall for its charms.

Room Tip: Lakeview with spacious balconey - you wont regret it. If unavailable the golf view are also good.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank MaireaddeBrun
Armagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

After a 5 hour drive to get to this hotel, all we wanted to do was check in and get to our room. Reception staff were welcoming and friendly and asked us if we had a long journey. We were given a hot flannel for our hands and asked if we would like any help with our bags. As this was our first time staying at this hotel they ran through the general info about restaurant booking and where breakfast was served. Breakfast times are stated inside your room key but it would have been nice to be told as well.

We made our way to our room there was a strong smell of cigarette smoke in the corridor. As a non smoker this was a bit off putting. I presume this is from guests smoking on the balcony of the rooms. I'm not sure if this is against hotel policy, but it should be!!

Our room was immaculate and spacious with a balcony. I immediately looked for the tea/coffee facilities and was disappointed to find out that I had to contact reception to get them to send up a kettle. An hour and 3 door knocks later it finally arrived.

We went out later that day to the Killarney races, only to return around 23:30pm to a warm room with NO air conditioning. Yes you could open the balcony door, but I wouldn't have felt very safe. I don't think I have ever stayed in a hotel with no air conditioning. At this point I started to wonder had we chosen the right hotel, after all the great reviews I had read.

Breakfast was lovely, with a great variety of food to choose from. Our table each morning was at the window and the view was just amazing. I found staff polite and friendly and nothing was too much trouble.

The spa is open from 7am-9pm and it is just stunning. Lovely relaxing atmosphere with beautiful scenery. Only downfall is that they do let children in! I have no problem with children being allowed in the pool, but I found at some points it was like being in my local leisure centre. Although there is notices to say strictly over 16s I did encounter a few children running in and out of the relaxation suite screaming while I was in the salt bath. But all in all it really is a truly amazing place with breathtaking views.

Overall would I recommend this hotel? yes, but take on board my comments

Would I return? No, but I think for my husband and I we had very high expectations for this hotel, and felt slightly let down that it wasn't the relaxation break we had hoped for. Obviously the hotel isn't responsible for other peoples ignorance.

5 Thank Lynne H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fossa
Lake Hotel
The Malton Hotel
The Malton Hotel
#14 of 38 in Killarney
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,087 reviews

Been to The Europe Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!