“The real deal”

The Europe Hotel & Resort
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Fossa
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This hotel is such a surprise. Magnificent grounds beautifully appointed rooms, all with outstanding views and fantastic staff and service We arrived tired from our journey and couldn't have been more surprised and elated at this hotel. From our room to the bars and restaurants everything was spot on. The grounds are incredible with magnificent views of the Killarney lakes.

One thing we did not like was leaving

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Fran M

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed there in July. Hotel facilities are superb. You have everything you want in one hotel. Tjis is a world class hotel.
Meals were excellent. Staff in all areas were attentive and professional.
Rooms facing the lake were top class. They were large and comfortable. Walk in showers make it easy for older clients to shower.
Swimming pool and other facilities were clean and easy to use.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the lake were excellent
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Robert M
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Without doubt this is by far and away the best hotel in Ireland everything from the minute you arrive is pure class .The pool overlooking the lake is as if you are in a different country ...price wise for what you get is actually great value .....everything about this hotel is perfection in motion .....well worth a visit

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Seanban
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

The Hotel Europe is the most heavenly place in the world. The 5 star treatment is evident from the moment we arrived. The spa is relaxing and breathtaking. The food is of the highest quality. I cannot wait to revisit the Europe again. A big thank you to management and staff.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 885eb
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I was blown away by the Europe on my visit last weekend. While we only visited for lunch we vowed to come back & stay in the near future. Having been lucky enough to experience some of the finest hotels in the world I felt that the level of service & quality of the physical product leaves the Europe as one of the best hotels in the country. We were looked after by Jo who had the perfect balance of warmth & friendliness while maintaining a 5 star level of service. As it was a very sunny afternoon we sat out on the busy terrace enjoying breathtaking views of the lake while having some beautifully prepared salads & some drinks. While not cheap we felt with the quality of service & food & overall ambiance it represented good value for money. We took a walk around the grounds after lunch & were blown away by the quality & style of the hotel. Can't wait to come back again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rockyplace
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

The most beautiful hotel in the most idyllic location. If I could leave 10 stars I would. We stayed here with family members in July, staff could not have been nicer. Jo in the restaurant went above and beyond to ensure we were well looked after.
The pool and spa is out of this world definitely will be returning soon.
Pay the little bit extra for a lake view room - it will be worth every penny..

Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Utacarisabothar
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I want to begin as saying that the views are breath taking and that I would recommend a stay here, the pool and spa area are really comfortable and relaxing and surprisingly child friendly, The hotel appears spotlessly clean, we had dinner in the restaurant which I could not fault, our server Jo was so kind and helpful, Our room was on the ground floor and was very spacious with a lovely view of the lake, I was surprised to learn that the rooms do not have air conditioning which was needed on the night we stayed as the Irish weather had decided to be good for a change! I was also surprised that a king size bed had only two pillows on it, unfortunately, in the room next door there was an extremely noisy group which continued to shout until 1am, I was travelling with a small baby and I really didn't want the baby's sleep to be disturbed, The next morning as I was checking out I wasn't asked how my stay was which was disappointing as I have always been asked previously at other hotels that question however, I did make a suggestion to the receptionist to avoid putting someone next to the noisy crowd if they were staying longer then myself to which I didn't get much of a reply, having worked in this industry myself I do understand that you can be busy and under pressure but you must always make the customer feel like your stay was important to them if you want them to return again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank carolinekCork
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fossa
Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa
#3 of 38 in Killarney
The Malton Hotel
The Malton Hotel
#16 of 38 in Killarney

Been to The Europe Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!