The Europe Hotel & Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Dunloe(Beaufort)
2,612 results
All reviewspanorama restaurantoutdoor poolspa cafedessert buffeta lake view roomlake and mountainsthermal suitebeautiful hoteltop classsecond to nonefive star hotelspa facilitieshorse ridingmain restaurantstar experiencesteam roompublic areas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This is a good hotel with fantastic views, nice rooms and excellent facilities but despite this we still left the hotel disappointed as it did not live up to expectations. When I stay in a 5 star hotel and pay EUR 300 for a room per night, I expect excellence and this hotel did not deliver on the level I expected.
When we arrived there was only one staffmember at the reception. She was on the phone and I had to wait for almost 10 minutes before her call ended and she could check me in. In the meantime I carried my own luggage from my car into the hotel. I do not mind waiting and carrying my own luggage but this is definitely not the service you expect in a 5 star hotel.
We had a room with lakeside view but our room (on first floor, number 100) was clearly much smaller than the other lakeside view rooms on that floor and also different (smaller) than we thought the room would be based on the photos on the hotel website. I informed reception about this disappointment but was told that no other rooms were available and there was nothing they could do. They even claimed the room was just as big as the other rooms but did not offer me to have a look at the other rooms. I did however take a look myself and this confirmed my thought that our room was much smaller than the other lakeside rooms on our floor. Reception just did not seem to care about the issue.
The room itself was okay, the bed was good, bathroom was okay, it was just much smaller than we expected.
Breakfast was also disappointing. Not bad but limited choice of products. I have been too many other hotels which offered much better breakfast. What also amazed me was the way the breakfast room was organised. The buffet was set up in the front of the breakfast room which meant that everyone entering or leaving the breakfast room had to pass the buffet area where people were trying to get some food on their plates. Apart from the hygienical aspect, this meant it got very crowded around the buffet area. Given the space available in the breakfast room (it is huge!) I think there are a lof of opportunities to organize this better. And staff members should be told that a friendly smile now and than is not a crime but usually appreciated by customers.
The bar/brasseries was nice. Good quality of food but again poor service in general from staff (except one or two staffmembers). It looked like there were a lot trainees who still had to learn what delivering excellent services mean. Staff attitude in general was very different from what I have experienced over the years in many other 4 and 5 star hotels I stayed in.

The location and the views this hotel offers are truly excellent, the facilities are good, it is just a pity that management does a poor job and does not seem to be up to their task and is not able to deliver services on a level you would expect from a hotel like this.

Upon check out of the hotel I dealt with the first real friendly staff member and when I told her that we were disappointed in the hotel, she offered the opportunity to speak to the manager. That offer was nice but too little too late for us, (we were about to leave).

We will certainly not stay in this hotel again. There are plenty of other opportunities in the area which no doubt do offer good value for money.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Donkie
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The Europe Hotel really earns its grade as a 5-star resort. It's spacious, comfortable, with a number of great amenities. The views of the lake are beautiful, whether you're relaxing in the outdoor infinity-like pool or sitting on the terrace.
The staff were helpful and friendly and the room (though not a lake-view room) had everything I needed. There is fine dining in the main restaurant but to be honest, the Brasserie is just as good, with a less expensive pricetag.
My only gripe is that the corridor on the bottom floor was always quite cold because the door to the tennis courts was always open so a breeze seemed to blow through...even in summer.

Room Tip: If you want a lake-view room during peak season, book well in advance!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank skyhighIreland
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Amazing location. Superb views from public areas and rooms with lake views. This hotel is not cheap but the facilities and service just about justify the cost. The food is excellent and the Spa is amazing.

Room Tip: If money no object pay for a lakeside room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank John B
Reviewed 10 August 2014

setting breathtaking. quality of rooms outstanding. Overall the most amazing experience I've had in any hotel, never mind Ireland. the hotel is just set in the most beautiful setting and the Spa ensures it absorbs all of this in for you to enjoy! There is a great walk along the lakes of Killarney and a great little bar set on the lakes that makes you feel like you are in the tropics. Truly magical. Well worth the splurge.

Room Tip: overlooking the lake. you have to spurlge but it's well worth it.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lozDublin
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We could not have been more pleased! The hotel rooms were large and well appointed. The staff was helpful and very very friendly! The breakfast that was included with the room was beyond anything one would expect. Totally delicious and so many choices.

The ambiance had a total "WoW" factor and we loved our stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of Killarney lake and mountains!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family