Got off to a rocky start as bed had not been made when we checked in. They promptly moved us and left a bottle of bubbly and strawberries to make up for the inconvenience, which was appreciated. The spa is top class and we spent a lot of time there in the outdoor hot tub taking in the breathtaking views of the lakes. The only slight qualm was that there were a lot of kids there which doesn't fit with a truly relaxing spa experience so maybe even the hot tub could be made a child-free zone! Other areas are signed as child-free but it wasn't enforced. We went for a walk around the grounds which are beautiful. The bed was huge and comfy. The breakfast was good quality, delicious and plentiful with more stunning panoramic views at our table. We then spent much of the rest of the day in the spa again. So all in all a lovely treat for us and with a few tweaks it could be exceptional.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the shores of Lough Lein, The 5 Star Europe Hotel and Resort has been welcoming guests for over fifty years and has reopened after a 70m face lift which includes the stunning 4,600 sq.m. spa called ESPA at The Europe. From the moment you cross the threshold of the hotel you step into another world. A magnificent two story atrium with glass doors leads onto a garden terrace with a view of the lake and the mountains beyond which leaves you breathless. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TravelUp, Preferred Hotels, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your The Europe Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Europe Hotel Killarney
- The Europe Hotel And Resort
- Europe Hotel Killarney