“A little Bit of Heaven” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Fossa
Cork, Ireland
“A little Bit of Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2010

I travelled with 2 other Friends to Killarney the weekend of the Irish Open, a very last minute decision. We arrived at the hotel at 10.30pm.
From the minute we checked in we were greeted with confidence and a warm welcome from very well trained and knowlegable staff.
As this was my second visit, all details had been kept on file, so check in was very speedy check in. We were escorted to our room. We decided to have a drink in the bar before heading into town, David Cronin The Hotel Manager on Duty came over to welcome us back to the hotel and advised us of the good places to head to in town : ) this is what hospitality is about in my opinion knowing who your customers are and coming spending time with them.

The Rooms are spacious, clean, comfortable and very relaxing.

The next morning after a late night, missing breaskfast..... which I do not recommmend as having been there in the past it is superb, we had a early lunch in the Spa Restaurant the variety and choice of menu options was absolutely fantastic so good that choosing what to actualy have is very difficult but I do recommend that you have the homemade soup and club sandwich but you better be hungry.

To conclude, The Hotel Europe is my piece of heaven, it offers everything the peace and quite of breaktaking countryside with the most amazing views whilst being close enough to Killarney to take in the social scene and as for the Golf well it was a 3 minute walk to the start of the 18th hole on the Kileen Course what more needs to be said... I'm already counting the days to going back again................. I should add that I worked in the industry for many years but I don't think any other hotel in Ireland will exceed the service & quality you will get at the Hotel Europe.... Thanks to everyone for an amazing stay again.. xoxo

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2010

The most beautiful hotel in Killarney. Perfect setting with gardens and lake. The rooms are excellent and the restaurant is very good.

Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank SharonOC
Waterford
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2010

I am sitting in the media center of the The Europe Hotel in Killarney as I write this review. Thats how bored I am. When I arrived, I texted a friend along the lines that the hotel was great. The room was superb and had a breath-taking view of the lake and mountain (hill?). The hotel had an impressive reception and the staff were attentive of our every need. What more could one ask for? Well, air-conditioning, for one. The room was stuffy and while I could have opened the window all night, it didn't help that we had a sick child in the room. The room for some odd reason does not have the standard in-room tea/coffee making facilities that is taken as a normal room feature in most hotels in the world. Would that be beneath its 5 star status? The tv has 18 channels but no movie channels. I stayed in two 4 star hotels this week and they both had a good selection of movies. I suspect one is not supposed to get tired of looking at the breath-taking views. The food is good to date but expensive. We ordered food to the room and I paid 18 euro for a pizza which was of the frozen out of a box kind. Thankfully, the dutiy manager removed it from my bill (excellent staff). There is great spa if that floats your boat but glossing over the treatment prices, one gets the feeling the hotel is from inclined to relieve you of your cash rather than relax your body.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank HonestJohn5
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2010

From my arrival into the beautiful setting of the Lobby in The Europe, to my departure just 48 hours later I really felt like I had 'got away from it all'. A business trip, this short stay was both relaxing and highly productive as we enjoyed the serenity of the venue, the excellent meeting rooms, high quality food and service and the incredible treatments on offer in the beautiful spa. Every request was met with a 'can do' attitude and I intend to return for leisure soon!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2010

We were sorry we did not stay longer.
We had a newly refurbished suite ,which was luxurious with a fabulous balcony, overlooking views of the lake.
The spa is jaw dropping,quite one of the best,I have seen.
The update/ extensions to the hotel have really been beautifully designed.
The service was excellent and the food all delicious.
I look forward to returning and walking the Dunloe Gap without the rain!

PS........Do not be put off by the hotels basic name this hotel is far from basic.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2010

Lovely hotel, but when we got there with buggy in tow, we noticed the lack of ramps meant I spent my time lifting the buggy up & down steps all over the place. We also couldn't do the walk around the lake as the pathway is covered in pebbles, impossible to push a buggy on, and my one year old toddler kept losing her balance.

Stunning spa facilities, but again only one large adult pool with so not suitable for small kids, and felt we where in the way from the onlookers there to laze around the spa.

For a more enjoyable stay if you've got kids I suggest the Castle Dunloe hotel, 5mins up the road, huge play area for kids & loads of places to ramble & explore, we spent every day there [its a sister hotel so you are welcome].

Would only recommend this hotel for couples or families with older kids.

However all the 'non kiddie' stuff aside, the staff where excellent, extremely helpful, polite & welcoming. Food was delicious, and great breakfast buffet.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2010

Stayed for 3 nights, and I have not had service like this since my honeymoon.
I could not fault the staff and their service. Polite, friendly and always willing to help.

Looking forward to staying there again!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fossa
The Killarney Park Hotel
Muckross Park Hotel & Spa
#15 of 39 in Killarney
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,437 reviews
Loch Lein Country House

Been to The Europe Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!