We stayed at this property for two nights on our trip through Ireland. We actually changed to this hotel after seeing another trip advisor review. We had booked a golfside double room which included two breakfasts and one evening meal. Upon arrival we were greeted and told our room was 368 (apparently we had been upgraded to a lakeside room which we were delighted with).
The foyer area looks like it does on the internet and the fire places look lovely, pity they didnt have them on as it would have been very impressive.
Our room was quite spacious with a separate lounge area on another level and had windows overlooking the grounds and the lake right across it, also you could slide these huge windows back to let some air into the room.
The bathroom was huge with a separate shower and bath, bidet and toilet and lots of vanity bench top space and cupboards.
The room had an older feel to it and apparently the hotel is closing earlier this winter for further refurbishments and I feel the rooms could be a litle more modernised with their bed linens etc.
It was disappointing that we could not get any laundry done on a Saturday as we had a considerable amount to get done, however, both the concierge and front desk staff tried to ring around to find a laundry that was open but to no avail.
The hotel is spread out over the grounds in like a big "u" shape and you need to explore it as there is more than one restaurant and bar. The first night we had drinks in the bar area off the reception area, its quite modern in its style and colours. We then went to the fine dining restaurante for our evenng meal deal which was much better than we thought it would be, beiing a meal deal - strongly recommend you take this as part of your package if you really like good quality food.
This restaurant was wonderful, the views were exceptional from all tables over the lake and the food was exceptional, especially the scallops, whilst the service was a little slow and at times they forgot things overall we had a very nice evening and would certainly recommend dining in this restaurant.
After dinner we went into one of the bars near this restaurant for an after dinner drink, lovely area with leather chairs and open fire places and it was lovely to curl up near the fire with a drink, - very good service in this bar.
The grounds are just gorgeous and all rooms either look out onto the lake or the golf course next door, splurge and get the lake view we were pleased that we got upgraded to the late view as its exceptional.
Whilst we did not try the spa it looked very impressive and seemed to be well patronised.
Breakfast was buffett style and the staff were all very friendly.
The next night we ate at the Brassiere style restaurant, more casual dining and lots of families eating here, good food and good service.
Overall certainly glad we stayed there more so for the views and public areas than the actual room, but feel once they upgrade the rooms they will come in line with the public areas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the shores of Lough Lein, The 5 Star Europe Hotel and Resort has been welcoming guests for over fifty years and has reopened after a 70m face lift which includes the stunning 4,600 sq.m. spa called ESPA at The Europe. From the moment you cross the threshold of the hotel you step into another world. A magnificent two story atrium with glass doors leads onto a garden terrace with a view of the lake and the mountains beyond which leaves you breathless. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Europe Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Europe Hotel Killarney
- The Europe Hotel And Resort
- Europe Hotel Killarney