“Just one word: perfect!”

and 1 more site!
Loch Lein Country House
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Fossa
Marly, France
“Just one word: perfect!”
Reviewed 14 June 2011

It was our second week-stay at Loch Lein Country house. It seems I can't find anything to add to my last review (2 years ago); from the quiet beauty of the place to our hosts' hospitality, everything was just perfect: it always is.
Even when the weather happens to be cloudy, Annette and Paul just make it bright. We love the place, we'll return.
AnnMarie § Joel, France

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Liadann

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Cape Coral
Reviewed 12 June 2011

In the middle of a week touring Ireland, visiting castles, shopping, kissing stones and just marveling at the sights my wife, two daughters and I spent two nights at Loch Lein.
Being a former business owner, I have spent many nights on the road. These were two of the best. Annette and Paul were charming, helpful and attended every detail.The dinners and breakfasts were excellent and the grounds and flowers were beautiful. The rooms and common areas were well appointed and comfortable. I love this place.
This is the perfect home base for exploring the Ring of Kerry and visiting towns such as Killarney and Tralee.
There was a recognition plaque from Trip Advisor dated 2009 displayed on the mantel in the sitting room. Another is deserved.

Room Tip: There are no lesser rooms.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank jimonly
London
Reviewed 7 June 2011

I was looking for a hotel in Killarney and decided to use Tripadvisor, they number one
hotel was Lock Lein so I booked this hotel for our stay in Killarney and we were not
disappointed. All the reviews were spot on and there is not one thing I could find that
we did not like. Paul and Annette, the owners are the perfect hosts and nothing is too
much trouble. If it is peace and quiet you are looking for then look no further, the hotel
has the most outstanding views. The breakfast is fantastic with endless cups of tea and
if you do not wish to go into Killarney for an evening meal the food in the hotel is excellent.
Killarney now has some very good restaurants and good prices and Annette and Paul gave us some excellent recommendations.We had to leave Loch Lein and stay at the
Killarney Park for two days but I can, with hand on heart say, it wasn't a patch on Loch Lein. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and we will certainly return.
Thank you Annette and Paul for a very enjoyable, comfortable stay at your hotel.

1 Thank foxley
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 1 June 2011

We just recently stayed for 2 nights at the Loch Lein Country House. I cannot say enough good things about this beautiful small inn. Normally I select larger hotels but this experience was one of the best I've had. The owners Paul and Annette were extremely helpful and welcoming. The building and rooms are immaculately maintained and comfortable. The food and service was superb.
When we checked in Paul greeted us and gave us directions and suggested an itinerary which turned out to be just right for the amount of time we had. During our first day we had a blown tire in Killarney National Park. That evening Paul contacted a local tire serviceman who came out on a Sunday morning and took care of the problem promptly. Since I didn't have the cash to cover Paul vouched for it until I could get into town to the ATM. I can't see that occurring in too many hotels.
After spending a few days in the Killarney area and seeing some of the other places w were considering I am very happy I selected Loch Lein Country House based on the positive reviews here. They are very well deserved.

2 Thank bccrab
Plymouth, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 May 2011

We arrived at Loch Lein after a 26 hour overseas journey from the United States. Paul, our host, literally ran out to greet us and help with the luggage. After we got settled in our room he brought us tea and homemade bread as we sat outside enjoying the beautiful view of the lake and mountains. The room was exceptionally nice with big beautiful windows we could actually open. We had breakfast and dinner at the hotel and the food was fabulous. This stay was a real treat, filled with wonderful Irish hospitality. I would love to return again.

Room Tip: Lakeview rooms are the best.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank padkins55
Mt Holly, NJ
Reviewed 27 May 2011

First impressions are very important. We were met by Matthew who took our bags from the car to our room. The owners, Paul and Annette cordially welcomed us as we walked through the door, gave us the room key, as well as a cup of tea. Throughout our stay, Paul and Annette made us feel at home and genuinely cared for our well-being. Paul also helped to guide us around town. The room had his and hers robes and slippers, a warm and extremely comfortable room; and, a terrific view of the lake and countryside. The breakfast was lovely and very filling. We opted to have supper at the hotel on 2 occasions and were given outstanding fare, matched with an appropriate beverage. A big part of our trip to Ireland was to experience the Irish people-we have met no lovelier people than all those associated with the Loch Lein hotel.

Angleton, Texas
Reviewed 22 May 2011

This is indeed a hidden jewel in Ireland! I absolutely loved this beautiful place. I was with a small group photo tour and we stayed here 3 nights. The rooms are huge, everything is well-appointed, the service is wonderful, the staff friendly, and the meals are fantastic. There is no wifi in the rooms - wifi is accessed from their lounge area next to the entrance. They *do* have modem cord outlets so that you can access their broadband. A modem cord was the only thing I did not pack in my suitcase! Paul and Annette are wonderful hosts, and this is the best place I have stayed during my 13-day photo trip in Ireland.

• Stayed May 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fossa
Killeen House Hotel
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,131 reviews
The Ross
The Ross
#4 of 38 in Killarney

Been to Loch Lein Country House? Share your experiences!