Loch Lein Country House
US$293
Hotels.com
US$100
US$82
Killarney Court Hotel(Killarney)(Great Value!)
US$104
Agoda.com
Eviston House Hotel(Killarney)(Great Value!)
US$201
US$101
TripAdvisor
1,019 results
All reviewspaul annettering of kerrybeautiful view of the lakekillarney areaperfect hostsbreakfast and dinnerroom was largehighlight of our tripthe gapdingle peninsulasmall hotelstayed longerlounge areawonderful staykillarney national parksecond to nonecomfortable rooms
Reviewed 14 June 2011

This is the most amazing hotel in all of southwestern Ireland. We were pampered beyond belief and so were all the guests! When you ask the owners Paul and Annette if there were any special guest, the reply was quick. It was, "all our guests are equally special." They were amazing host in every aspect off our visit. When we drove in to the well manicured property they greeted you offering themselves to help you. Then you were checked in as though you were family on vacation coming for a visit! They even escorted us to our room!
Dinner that night was fabulous with three superb entries. Every need or desire was met at this grand location. This should be a five star or better hotel instead of a four star. Wait until you see your rooms. If the words elegant, magnificent, comfortable, and millionaire dollar views come to mind, you probably missed a few positive strokes! Our meals were supervised by Paul and his wife Annette makes sure you want for absolutely nothing. Say hello to them for us.

Room Tip: Contact the hotel directly
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Jeannette5912
Reviewed 14 June 2011

It was our second week-stay at Loch Lein Country house. It seems I can't find anything to add to my last review (2 years ago); from the quiet beauty of the place to our hosts' hospitality, everything was just perfect: it always is.
Even when the weather happens to be cloudy, Annette and Paul just make it bright. We love the place, we'll return.
AnnMarie § Joel, France

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Liadann
Reviewed 12 June 2011

In the middle of a week touring Ireland, visiting castles, shopping, kissing stones and just marveling at the sights my wife, two daughters and I spent two nights at Loch Lein.
Being a former business owner, I have spent many nights on the road. These were two of the best. Annette and Paul were charming, helpful and attended every detail.The dinners and breakfasts were excellent and the grounds and flowers were beautiful. The rooms and common areas were well appointed and comfortable. I love this place.
This is the perfect home base for exploring the Ring of Kerry and visiting towns such as Killarney and Tralee.
There was a recognition plaque from Trip Advisor dated 2009 displayed on the mantel in the sitting room. Another is deserved.

Room Tip: There are no lesser rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank jimonly
Reviewed 7 June 2011

I was looking for a hotel in Killarney and decided to use Tripadvisor, they number one
hotel was Lock Lein so I booked this hotel for our stay in Killarney and we were not
disappointed. All the reviews were spot on and there is not one thing I could find that
we did not like. Paul and Annette, the owners are the perfect hosts and nothing is too
much trouble. If it is peace and quiet you are looking for then look no further, the hotel
has the most outstanding views. The breakfast is fantastic with endless cups of tea and
if you do not wish to go into Killarney for an evening meal the food in the hotel is excellent.
Killarney now has some very good restaurants and good prices and Annette and Paul gave us some excellent recommendations.We had to leave Loch Lein and stay at the
Killarney Park for two days but I can, with hand on heart say, it wasn't a patch on Loch Lein. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and we will certainly return.
Thank you Annette and Paul for a very enjoyable, comfortable stay at your hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank foxley
Reviewed 1 June 2011

We just recently stayed for 2 nights at the Loch Lein Country House. I cannot say enough good things about this beautiful small inn. Normally I select larger hotels but this experience was one of the best I've had. The owners Paul and Annette were extremely helpful and welcoming. The building and rooms are immaculately maintained and comfortable. The food and service was superb.
When we checked in Paul greeted us and gave us directions and suggested an itinerary which turned out to be just right for the amount of time we had. During our first day we had a blown tire in Killarney National Park. That evening Paul contacted a local tire serviceman who came out on a Sunday morning and took care of the problem promptly. Since I didn't have the cash to cover Paul vouched for it until I could get into town to the ATM. I can't see that occurring in too many hotels.
After spending a few days in the Killarney area and seeing some of the other places w were considering I am very happy I selected Loch Lein Country House based on the positive reviews here. They are very well deserved.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple