“Wedding Bliss”

and 1 more site!
Loch Lein Country House
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Fossa
Reviewed 27 August 2008

Myself and my Husband recently held our wedding reception at the Loch lein Country house. We are from London and decided to get married in Ireland as have some family connections.
When I first saw the Loch lein I was pleasantly surprised. It is situated in the heart of Killarney and is surrounded by beautiful hills and lakes. It is a very peaceful place, and you are not to far from Town and Killarney National Park. It is run by Paul and Annette who done their upmost to make sure everything was perfect. The hotel is extremley clean and friendly and no job was to big for the hosts.
All our guests were made to feel welcome and the attention to detail was spot on. From when we arrived we literally had a red carpet reception.
We had a few babys and children in the party and bottles of milk were topped up on request and highchairs/cots were always made available. We highly recommend the Loch Lein in Fossa. This is a place that will remain close to our hearts forever. Thank you to Paul, Annette and staff for making our stay a memorable one.
Layla & Spencer Saunders, London England

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Loch Lein Country House

Reviewed 19 August 2008

Our hosts Paul and Annette have created an incredible country home that is equivalent to a 5-star hotel. Our room was large and luxurious; the breakfasts were the best we'd had in our 14 day vacation; the owners and staff took extra care in making sure our stay was perfect. Try it yourself - an excellent value!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2008

Have taken my small groups to Loch Lein for 3 years now, and my clients love the place. Oh, and so do I!

They have recently added wi-fi which is a big plus for a tour guide!

Food excellent, Heineken excellent, large, comfortable, well furnished rooms, and hosts Paul and Annette are helpful in every way.

Killarney's best.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 August 2008

With city life in London taking it's toll, I booked myself a break in Ireland, spending two nights at the Loch Lein hotel. From the moment I arrived, everything went smoothly, the perfect room (spacious and spotless), the perfect view (magnificent lake views), the perfect meal (great chef) and perfect tour guides (the hotel hosts).

The hotel enjoys a lakeside setting just outside Killarney in the village of Fossa in an area of oustanding scenic beauty where visitors can enjoy hiking, fishing, golfing, horseriding, historical sites, shopping or simply relaxing. The hotel is an ideal base for those who want to take it easy or acts as a warm welcome home after a busy day's sightseeing in 'The Kingdom'. The best part is that you won't have to research anything before your trip here because charming hotel hosts, Paul & Annette are a fountain of local knowledge, there to advise you on all the best places yet with a great sense of knowing when you need to enjoy your own space too, It is rare to find a hotel team so commited to ensuirng their guest have the most enjoyable of stays. Once you stay here you just know you'll return. Enjoy!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 August 2008

We spent a most enjoyable w/end in Loch Lein at the end of June 2008. The hotel is in a beautiful scenic spot overlooking the Killarney lakes, it's so relaxing and peaceful. We flew down to Faranfore airport from Dublin, and from there it is only a short drive to Loch Lein. As soon as I settled into the hotel the week at the office already seemed a million miles away. The hotel and the rooms are spotless and in pristine condition. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful. There are lots of great walks in the area and places to visit. Paul and Annette are excellent hosts and they do their utmost to ensure you get the most out of your stay there. I really loved Loch Lein, I just wish we could have stayed on a few more days!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2008

The setting is gorgeous with a fantastic view of the lake. I have stayed in a few hotels in Killarney over the years and this is definitely the place we experienced the most peace and quiet while still being conveniently close to the town. I was really struck by how immaculately clean the whole hotel is. The rooms are lovely and very spacious - we had a toddler and lots of luggage with us and still had plenty of room. This hotel is definitely family friendly. The owners Paul and Annette, and in fact all the staff we met, couldn't have been more welcoming. The food was also superb - we had beautiful cooked breakfasts each morning. I can genuinely say I enjoyed everything about my stay in Loch Lein House and I have already recommended it to family and friends.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2008

My wife & I stayed for 3 nights at this lovely hotel in July and had a very relaxing and enjoyable stay.
The owners Paul & Annette were charming and Paul cooked some delicious evening meals. Nothing was too much trouble and refreshments were available whenever we asked.
The bedroom and en-suite bathroom were both clean and spacious and we had a wonderful view down to the lake from our bedroom.
The hotel is situated down a quiet lane only a few miles west of Killarney in Fossa so is an ideal base for touring the Beara, Dingle and Kerry peninsulas.
We would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to stay in the area.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fossa
Killeen House Hotel & Rozzers Restaurant
#16 of 38 in Killarney
The Brehon
The Brehon
#10 of 38 in Killarney

Been to Loch Lein Country House? Share your experiences!