“This is one of the greatest hotels in ireland”

and 1 more site!
Loch Lein Country House
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Fossa
Kiel
“This is one of the greatest hotels in ireland”
Reviewed 10 October 2008

We spend our honeymoon in this great hotel. We stayed for 15 days and enyojed every one of it. In this friendly and lovely house we felt at home from the first day. The breakfast is the best one of whole Ireland. You have a choise of cold and warm food. The house is very well situated for trips by bike or by horse riding in the near lovely national park. The owners are very kind and try to realise every wish you might have. You can get free tea in your room every time. On some evenings in the week there is dinner in the hotel. This is also very good and you should try it.
The rooms are very clean and some whith a very lovely lake view. So if you want to spend your holiday in an quiet and relaxed place, this hotel would be excellent for you.

We talked with many different people who made a trip through Ireland and everyone told us, that the Loch Lein Hotel is the best one they stayed in.

Annette and Paul, thank you for everything.

• Stayed July 2008
1 Thank Toda33

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Cork
Reviewed 29 September 2008

Great experience from first contact to last. Very welcoming first,class accommodation, lovely views, great meals, friendly and efficient service from all. We left an item in the room. Paul rang us. We had left the area. No problem. He put it in the post. We will defintely return.

• Liked — Spacious, clean, great views
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
texas
Reviewed 12 September 2008

I cannot say enough great things about the Loch Lein Country House. I cannot say enough things about the hosts' Paul and Annette. They both welcomed us graciously and took the time to explain the area and places to visit. I felt as if I was their friend. I did not want to leave and I want to go back to Ireland specifically to go to Loch Lein. The rooms and the hotel itself is exceptional! If you are in the Killarney region, please do not miss this place.
Jillian and Kim from the USA

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
UK
Reviewed 12 September 2008

My husband and I spent 3 very relaxing days at Loch lein on our recent trip to Ireland. We were in need of a well deserved break and upon arrival at this wonderful hotel, Paul and Annette made us feel welcome, right at home and relaxed. The rooms were spotless, very large, warm and comfortable. Their staff were excellent and attention was given to even the smallest detail. Breakfast was lovely and they served wonderful coffee. Paul was always on hand to tell you the best places to go. To be honest we were made to feel very special and we plan going again next year. We have already told many of our friend who like to go to Ireland for golfing breaks.

• Liked — Feeling very much at home
  • Disliked — The Weather
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled solo
ireland
Reviewed 10 September 2008

When we arrived tired and fed up with the rain it was so refreshing to be met at the car with a smile and a Large umbrella.
It was refreshing to get a genuine Irish Welcome. Refreshing to have a Large clean room overlooking the Lake. Refreshing to eat in a Dining Room that was Bright,airy and Panoramic and most of all it is refreshing to be looked after by people that are not pretentious or robotic but genuine ,warm and caring........
Refreshing to see the "Cead Mile Failte" still exists.....Thank You

• Liked — The Staff, the space and the Views
  • Disliked — nothing it was perfect
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
Den Bosch
Reviewed 29 August 2008

I was travelling through Ireland for 8 days on my own. I hadn't been on a holiday for years and what I was looking for in Ireland was a peaceful and quiet time. My first hotel was Loch Lein Country House. I stayed there for 2 days and now I can say it was the best hotel of my trip. I was welkomed very friendly. While parking the car, already someone came to take over my luggage.
The hostst Paul and Annette were more than friendly and helpful. The weather was very bad during my stay, but I had a great time anyway. Paul helped me planning my route for the day and Annette allowed me to use her office for checking my e-mail.
The room was very large and clean. Breakfast was good and the surroundings were beautiful. I would recommend this hotel any time. Above all, it was peaceful and very quiet there, just what needed. I wish all the hotels on my trip had been like that.

Helga de Laat
Holland

• Liked — The surroundings and the hosts
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled solo
Kent
Reviewed 28 August 2008

Our friends Layla & Spencer choose the hotel to host their wedding cermony so we stayed there for 4 nights and had the best expereince ever!! Paul & Annette ensured that anything we needed was met and they made the wedding cermony outstanding. The views of the lakes are breathtaking; well worth staying at the Loch lein which is a very clean, pretty hotel with lovely large rooms and yummy breakfast !!

Sam, Kent-UK

• Liked — The Room, View and Hosts
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fossa
Killeen House Hotel & Rozzers Restaurant
#15 of 38 in Killarney
The Brehon
The Brehon
#12 of 38 in Killarney

Been to Loch Lein Country House? Share your experiences!