Loch Lein Country House
US$158
US$129
US$281
US$271
Killarney Court Hotel(Killarney)(Great Value!)
US$175
Brook Lodge Hotel(Killarney)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$186
Eviston House Hotel(Killarney)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$202
US$186
1,019 results
All reviewspaul annettering of kerrybeautiful view of the lakekillarney areaperfect hostsbreakfast and dinnerroom was largehighlight of our tripthe gapdingle peninsulasmall hotelstayed longerlounge areawonderful staykillarney national parksecond to nonecomfortable rooms
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We had an 8 night stay at this lovely family run hotel in Fossa. We were welcomed by Paul and our bags we taken up to our room and as it was a lovely day we were settled in the garden over looking the lake with a welcome glass of wine. Paul has a similar sense of humour as my husband so they got on right from the start and it carried on right through the holiday. We had a lovely room overlooking the lake, breakfast was really good and we could have basically anything we wanted. Evening meal was Tuesday to Saturday, which was served by the lovely Rebecca who always had a smile for us. Tea and freshly brewed coffee was always at hand whenever we wanted it. Annette was there to take our orders for dinner with a smile and interest on what we had done that day and was full of advice on places to visit.
Nothing was too much trouble and it was a pleasure to stay in such a lovely hotel. Thank you Paul and Annette.

1  Thank wendymcq
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I was referred to this hotel by the manager of the Park House Hotel in Galway. We had stayed at the Park House on a previous trip and loved it - I asked the manager if he knew of a hotel in the Killarney area that was of equal quality (old world charm, excellent service, lovely settings, etc.) - he immediately told me to book the Loch Lein Country House.

My first impression upon pulling into the Loch Lein's parking area was that it was a lovely country house in a fairly secluded area - and it had a great view of the lake. While struggling with my luggage, one of the staff literally ran out to help us with the luggage. Just stellar service!

Let me break this stay into sections:

Hotel: Gorgeous, warm, inviting. Lovely sitting / lounge area and a great dining area. I wish we'd had more time to just enjoy and relax here. There are some lovely walks around the hotel down to the lake and woods. I really liked that it's not a huge hotel but a sumptuous, smallish hotel. We made friends with some of the other guests and even went on a few day trips together.

Room: Wow... just that. Huge, lush, wonderful. The bathroom - huge and beautiful. We had a full bath and a standing shower. (Note to staff - sorry my wife washed all her seashells in the bathtub!). Amazing view of the lake. Large, comfy queen bed with a separate sitting area.

Dining: breakfast was wonderful and delicious. I had the full Irish most days while my wife had a variety of meals. Dinner was equally fantastic. Best food we had in the area was here at the hotel.

Staff: They felt like a family, like they really cared about the property and the guests. Our every need was seen to, literally. I am an early riser and Paul (the owner?) had no problem accommodating me for coffee or tea and such well before breakfast was ready. They gave us extremely helpful tips for places to visit, how to avoid traffic and snarls and generally made our stay in the area fantastic.

When we come back, which we will, we will without a doubt re-book here at the Loch Lein.

1  Thank Stephen B
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We recently had three nights in this beautiful Country House. Received a very warm welcome from Paul and Girard who soon had our bags in the room, and a tray of very welcomed tea in the lounge - nothing was too much trouble. The accommodation was excellent, and really peaceful. We also enjoyed the breakfast each day, we didn't have dinner there as we were often out late sightseeing.

Paul was most helpful with suggestions on itinerary, and as we were always welcomed back each day by one member of the team interested in where we had been and what we had seen, it became a bit like coming home.

We would most certainly stay there again when we return to Ireland for another holiday.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

After a five-night stay at Loch Lein with 13 of my family members, all of us were sad to leave, mainly because we felt we'd become friends with the proprietors Paul and Annette. They made everything special about our stay. They fed us a great breakfast every morning, gave us specific tips on places to go (Hiking Gap of Dunloe, Kate's Kearney Cottage, Europe Hotel Spa, Killarney pubs, Mass times and more). Every evening, we gathered in their large living room, enjoying the chance to meet other guests from around the world. Girard was great as a bartender and was very helpful at answering every question. The adults ate dinner one night in their dining room, and they ordered pizza for the kids and had a DVD for them to watch in the game room. The property is in a great location, just outside Killarney. The weather was great for sitting out on the lawn, or going for jog. I highly recommend Loch Lein for any vacation to Ireland!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We were met in the parking lot by Jerald,he helped with our bags and offered us a beverage while we checked in. Our room was large with view of lake and the beds so comfortable. We sipped several glasses of wine as we watched a glorious sunset on the lake and then headed into town for dinner.
We both ordered a dish not on the menu change and had it was delicious! Coffee was the best I've had in Ireland.