“Fabulous stay”

and 1 more site!
Loch Lein Country House
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Fossa
Reviewed 16 August 2014

My wife and I have just spent 5 wonderful nights here. We ended up here because of a mix up with our original accommodations. Our disappointment with our original plans disappeared as soon as we pulled into the driveway. The hotel is situated on a quiet court overlooking a large lake. From the moment you checked in the atmosphere was surreal. Our bags were delivered to our beautiful room overlooking the surrounding pastures. While we unpacked, a pot of French pressed coffee was delivered to our room. The rooms were very spacious and very clean. Although it may be classified as a hotel, it has the ambiance of a cosy lodge. There are only about 20 rooms and they have a quaint bar and sitting area where you can enjoy a drink prior to dinner. (The prices are very reasonable). Your stay also includes breakfast each morning both cereal/fruit buffet as well as being able to order hot food from the menu. You can enjoy bacon & eggs, the Traditional Irish plate (you better be hungry ) or treat yourself to waffles with warm maple syrup or go all out with the scrambled eggs wrapped in smoke salmon! Our hosts were terrific, they went out of their way to make sure they new all of their guests. It didn't take long before they knew your preferences for coffee/tea etc and they would be waiting for you at you table. We ate dinner twice and we're not disappointed. The plates prepared by the chef were outstanding. With out a doubt this is one of the best travelling experiences I have had. Be like us do your homework, but you will be hard pressed tho find a more elegant experience than what our hosts gave us!

2  Thank Chris W

Reviewed 13 August 2014

this hotel is just outside of the touristy killarney. the staff was extremely helpful when we were deciding which routes to take to get to the Dingle and the Ring of Kerry , the room was large and very clean, and the view of the lake was just beautiful!

1  Thank brendann20
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We used a travel agent for this trip, and this was selected for us. I looked it up on TA and it sounded too good to be true. Here I sit writing this review, in the Loch Lein Country House on our second of two nights, telling you it is really that good. Family owned and operated "mini hotel" with a BnB feel, overlooking a beautiful lake. The owners and family members check you in. They serve your breakfast (delicious). They serve you dinner if you opt for it (OPT for it!!!). I walked into my hotel room and felt I was the first person getting to use this room. The bathroom was spotless and gorgeous. The room was beautiful and large with bay windows. Everything so clean. Staff so professional, attentive, and friendly, with one goal, to serve and make the stay uniquely special. Mission accomplished, I say. I'm not much of a betting man, but if I was, I would bet a bunch of money that this will be the accommodation we give the highest marks to. It is by far the best so far, and, we have three pretty special accommodations scheduled over our final 4 days in Ireland.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Okieken
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I recently stayed at the spacious yet compact Loch Lein Country house. The hotel is a hiden gem in killarneys beautiful countryside. It is a credit to Annette and Paul to how they keep it running to such a high level. The one thing I will notch them down on is the manner to which one of their staff members treated me throughout my stay which was just a little common to a hotel of this class. Overall I did enjoy my stay and would recommend it to associates.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at Loch Lein for one night during our summer holiday in Ireland. The hotel is tucked away from the main road but easy to locate and a just short jaunt into Kilarney. Loch Lein is a lovely hotel with a very personalised feel and welcome from the owners and staff. The owners, Paul & Annette are very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable and provided some great ideas for trips out in the local area. The rooms are large and comfortable and the lake view rooms are spectacular. It was lovely to sit in the room and look out of the huge window onto the beautiful calm lake vista. The food was superb ~ great steaks and delicious desserts.

Room Tip: If possible, ask for a Lakeside view room - you won't be disappointed
1  Thank JimoHarlow
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Spacious rooms, great views, heart-warming breakfast and lovely staff. We were sad tl leave Doolin andvthe rolling countryside until we were shown our room at Loc Lein. Only wish we could stay longer. If we come back to Ireland, we will definitely come back here.

1  Thank Zee576
Reviewed 4 August 2014

After a long day of driving and sightseeing it was so refreshing to arrive here. Check in by Annette was so carefree and welcoming. Our room was spacious and comfortable. Nothing is a problem for Paul and Annette and their breakfast and evening meals are a delight. Two other staff members should be mentioned as well for their caring service. Patrick and Gerard. Overall we found this place to be absolutely delightful and congratulate and thank Paul and Annette for the manner in which they looked after us during our stay.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Sutho57
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fossa
Killeen House Hotel & Rozzers Restaurant
#9 of 38 in Killarney
Muckross Park Hotel & Spa
Muckross Park Hotel & Spa
#14 of 38 in Killarney

Been to Loch Lein Country House? Share your experiences!