All reviews wonderful hosts self contained apartment one night franz josef glacier spent two nights recommend staying here next morning enjoyed our stay bed and breakfast hokitika gorge south island the ground floor across the road homestay paul nibbles accommodation
Reviewed 25 April 2018

This was a wonderful B&B. Very quiet and a bit of a drive to Hokitika, but worth it. The breakfast was unbelievable and the hosts were great. Don't think twice about booking this one. The room we had was on the ground floor with easy access for getting luggage in and out. The lovely gardens were visible right out our window.

Room Tip: ground floor if you don't like carrying luggage up stairs
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank SlothRescue
Reviewed 18 March 2018

For a bed and breakfast this place was beautiful. The only problem was that we had a driver who left us here to pick us up the next morning. There was nothing for us to do. Plus the WiFi coverage was spotty at best.

Lynley the owner and cook made us an outstanding dinner and breakfast the following morning.

We were just unhappy here.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Steve A
Reviewed 15 March 2018

Wonderfull stay in the appartment. Everything we needed was there. Good beds, well equipped bathroom and most of all: eco friendly. Incredible breakfast and on request earlier than usuall. Beautifull garden with lots of cosy seats. Lynley and Paul are so warm and friendly. Hope many peoples may enjoy this place and these fine hosts.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at the Homestead. Lynley and Paul couldn’t have been nicer. We walked the beach across the road and spent some time in Hokitika where we walked the Heritage Trail and had a whitebait pizza at Fat Pipi’s. We opted to have dinner at the Homestead both nights we were there. We’re new to driving on the left, didn’t want to drive at night, and wanted to relax over dinner with wine. They have a nice list of wines for purchase and offer three different main dishes. Between the two of us, we tried all three and they’re all good. They have the best continental breakfast we’ve ever had with freshly baked muffins, quiches, and breads along with cheese and cold cuts, fruit, yogurt and granola. We had a lovely stay.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2018

desperately looking for a bed a night before the Cyclone Gita was about to arrive in New Zealand (19.02.2018) I also came along at Awatuna Homestead. Although the last free room was booked 5 minutes ago I was asked in for a tea. After 5 minutes I was offered to sleep in the lounge and 10 minutes later I got a room, without bathroom but beautiful! I was welcomed so open and heartily and I was so happy that I could stay for one night at this wonderful place! The room was wonderful, the food excellent, and the hospitality is great! one immediately feels at home in this beautiful place, where the bread and most of the food is homemade and fresh.
I wish I could have stayed longer, maybe next time!
Thanks again for your genereous and warm welcome!
C