“Very Convenient to the Airport”

Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport
GreenLeadersSilver level
North Irwin
“Very Convenient to the Airport”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This hotel is very convenient to the airport. It is connected by a covered walkway to the land side terminal. This is very nice especially if you have an early morning flight. The staff was very nice and the room was clean. The hotel does offer self check-in/check-out service which is nice. You will have to pay for parking, but we purchased a room package that included parking. It was worth it for an over night stay and the convenience.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Chris P, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you for the fantastic 5-Star rating Christopher S! I am pleased to hear that the overnight room package that included parking at the airport lot met all of your requirements, and that you were able to start your travels without a hitch by taking advantage of the convenient location of our property. We hope to see you again in the future. Have a great day.

Christopher.Palid@hyatt.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 27 October 2013

The hotel is very conveniently located at the airport. The walk is less than 10 to 15 minutes from any gate at the airport. The front desk is very modern and intimate. The employees walk around the kiosk and hand you the keys with a big smile. There is also a self service check in kiosk for your convenience too. The rooms are very clean and modern. Bed is very comfortable and room noise was quite for a good sleep. Water pressure was good and overall room was clean. The staff was very friendly throughout the hotel. If you're looking for a convenient, pleasant stay within walking distance to the airport at a great rate, this is your hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Good day James K,

Thank you for your positive review on our property. Our number one goal is to provide a clean and comfortable environment for our guests, with a friendly and accommodating staff. If there is ever anything I can do for you on a future visit please contact me directly at the hotel. We really appreciate your business and review. Have a great day.

santa barbara ca
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This is a convenient hotel except they are untrustwoorthy and do not honor reservations with a confirmation, so you may show up and be told that despite your confirmation, you do not have a room and put you on a bus to another hotel 15 minutes away in the middle of the night. One has to feel sorry for the employees who have to explain to the weary traveller that a confirmed reservation is not actually a confirmation and if you don't feel happy then you should contact the General Manager NANCY DUDAK. They conveniently have a business card with her name on it, which sort of suggests that my experience isn't an unusual experience. If you are looking for a convenient place to stay near Pittsburgh airport this is not the place you should trust!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank peternoone
Good day peternoone,

I am extremely sorry to hear that your reservation was relocated to a nearby hotel due to the hotel’s overbooking. I assure you this is a very uncommon occurrence, and the issue has been addressed with the management team at the front desk. I understand the manager at the desk covered all charges for your room the night your reservation was not honored, in addition to a complimentary room in the future. While certainly unpleasant, I hope this compensation helped to make up for the inconvenience. If there is anything else that we can do for you please contact me directly at the hotel.

724-899-6141
Greater Cleveland
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The rooms here were pretty nice looking, although I had a deluxe room. The hot tub needs a good scrubbing as it looks kind of grimy. The pool had some mysterious white substance floating on the surface the whole time I stayed there so we didn't even use the pool, which was quite sad. The workout facility is decent. As with most Hyatt properties, the dining was par to sub-par. Some of the offerings were ok. Service was terrible. It is kind of confusing to find, you have to park where the other airport parking is. Yes, they do not have free Wi-fi. That is the same for all Hyatt Regency and more upscale Hyatt properties. It is not unique to this hotel.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Chris P, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Good day ClevelandBeachBoy, thank you for being our guest, and for your comments on our workout facility. I am sorry to hear that you experienced some issues with the hot tub and pool, please note that these areas are deep cleaned professionally on a scheduled basis, and the water is tested daily for proper chemical balance. I assure you we will address your concerns immediately with our facility maintenance department. We hope to see you again in the future, if there is ever anything I can do for you please let me know. Have a great day.

Wausau
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

Nice place, but there is no free parking. Know that if you are renting a car. Staff is very nice and hotel is clean. Better than average for an airport hotel. It has a mini Starbucks too. I did not try any of the dining options.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

We appreciate your positive feedback on our services and property, and are glad you chose us for your business trip. Unfortunately we do not own or operate any of the parking, but we do have business packages that include parking, wireless internet, and local and long distance phone calls all for a deep discount. Please let me know if you would like any additional information on this. Thank you again for being our guest, we hope to see you again soon.

York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Terrible experience.
My family and I stayed here during a hockey tournament. There were four of us ( Myself, Wife, and two kids). Room was not clean. Constantly had to call for more towels/ wash cloths. Never did refill in room coffee. Not enough glasses/ cups in bathroom to brush teeth with. The front desk did send up more, when we called down. However, there we stood waiting to get our showers, or brush our teeth.
TV did not work.
This place is COMPLETELY NOT kid friendly. We inquired about an empty conference room for the kids to play in. The room was not in use. We were told that it would be a $190 charge. Instead, security preferred to give us the evil eye every night. If this hotel wants to book large groups of student sports teams (20 families), they need to work with the teams.
Parking attendants were rude! They insulted several of our group. We do not use their parking system on a daily basis. All they needed to do is be nice and tell us how to use their system, and we would have been just fine. Instead we got eye rolling, insults, and a general sense of disgust from the attendants when they had to do something.

I spoke to the manager. He was apologetic. That doesn't improve our stay.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Good day Devilsu1024,

I am very sorry to hear that you had a bad experience while staying with us during a youth hockey tournament. We do try to adapt when hockey hosting teams to offer the most family friendly environment possible. We added more kid-friendly options to our restaurant menu, lowered the pricing for buffets, and added additional towels and toiletries into all of the guestrooms. I am very sorry that you, and several of the members of your group, experienced issues with the parking attendants at the airport. The hotel does not own or operate any of the parking due to our location on the airport grounds, but clearly this is unacceptable and not the first or last impression that we are trying to leave on our guests. I assure you I will address this with the airport authority parking management.

If you could please contact me at your earliest convenience, I would like to get some additional information for you, and to try to do something for you, either now or on an upcoming visit. I can be reached by email, or at the number listed below. Thank you for your time.

724-899-6141
Chicago Illinois
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I had to stay here for work for six weeks in the summer with seven co-workers all with our own rooms. I checked out each week for one night and re-checked back in the next day for six weeks and had six differant rooms over that time.
To start with the rooms are big and nice ,the carpet and the look are high quality. The beds were just average in comfort and I mean all of them . They were not bad but not great either.The bathrooms had good water pressure and looked nice no isue with the bathrooms. The lobby and the outside and the hallways all nice.
The problem with this hotel is the front desk.They were not very nice for the first few weeks and I dont know why. Only after a complaint to the GM did they seem to be better but in a fake sort of way. They seemed to toy with us just to make us feel un-welcome why I dont know. The favorite word for the front desk was NO . And every week they would xcle my reservation when I would come back it was always a problem. So many things too many really to tell as I would need a book to write.
On a high note breakfast was good!
I ended up with 8,000 bonus points from the GM due to all of these issues. Even after reaching Platinum with Hyatt they still were bad .
Bottom line it doesnt feel nice to feel unconfortable in any hotel. This one made me feel this way for six weeks all cause the staff !
On another high note the shuttle drivers/ bell men were very nice and a joy to talk to. The rest of them should learn from this.
Oh and the rooms are loud lots of hallway noise
Stay at another PIT airport area hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Good day KHMChicago,

We appreciate your business and certainly understand that your visit of 6 consecutive weeks is not ideal, and that amount of time away from home is not always pleasant. We made every effort to accommodate your team in every way without taking services away from the rest of our guests. I will certainly review your concerns with the staff and leadership team at the hotel. The bonus 8,000 Gold Passport points awarded to you is the equivalent of one complimentary night, either at this property or a similar sized Hyatt. If you do plan on returning to Pittsburgh, either for business or pleasure, please let me know, I would be happy to personally assist with your reservation and offer my assistance in any way possible. Have a great day.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Findlay Township
La Quinta Inn Pittsburgh Airport
Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport
Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport
#2 of 12 in Coraopolis

Been to Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport? Share your experiences!