Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
1,284 results
All reviewsan early flightenclosed walkwaylong term parking lotrental carextended parkingpittsburgh international airportnext morningwake up callbusiness centerfront desk staffconvenient locationwater pressurevery nice hotelstayed one nightconveniencesaunashuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I just returned from a weekend stay at the Hyatt Regency at the Pittsburgh Airport. I found the experience quite satisfactory. The hotel is very easy to find, right on the airport's main road, sandwiched between the land-side terminal and the long-term parking structure.

The hotel interior was quite nice and in excellent condition. It reflected the spirit of Pittsburgh with granite, colors of grey and muted yellow, warm cherry paneling, and accents of metal. Everything was very clean and in good condition. Check-in was very friendly and efficient. The host was friendly and well-informed. The room (418) was large, quite, and comfortable. I enjoyed the large desk. The bed was fine. The bathroom was large and clean.

Parking: This seemed like an issue when I make the reservation, but in reality is was fine. I don't enjoy paying for self-parking, but this property IS attached to the airport terminal. There are a few options including the ability to park at the door for $25/day with in/out privileges. The long term parking structure abuts the hotel with doors from the conference wing and also onto the moving walkway. The fee is $13/night with a charge of $1 for the first hour, and $3 per hour thereafter up to the maximum. There are no in/out privileges, That said, I have seen hotels surrounded by vast areas of land charge $19/night for self-parking, so it is not an outrageous situation. There is even less expensive extended term parking.

I did not use the fitness center or pool. The business center was conveniently located and looked well equipped and very lightly used. The Olive Press restaurant had a nice breakfast buffet at a charge that is comparable to others in similar hotels. My waitress was friendly and attentive,

I didn't use the shuttle service, but it would be a good option if you didn't have a car and/or were unfamiliar with the area. There are MANY restaurants in the area at the Pointe, Robinson Towne Center and Settlers Ridge. I would skip the places in the airport terminal. It has been mentioned that hotel quests can pass through security to access the shops and restaurants in midfield terminal. This is true, but it requires that you get some paperwork to take to the security desk in the terminal where a 45 minute background check is run, this according to the hotel receptionist. I don't think it would be worth the bother considering the many options a shuttle drive away. I would be faster to take the city bus into downtown where there are even more options!

Was the stay perfect? No, but the issues were minor The one thing that I would recommend is that the hotel look at the bottom rows of tiles around the tub. There is a slight red stain and some mildew. A light scrubbing and the weekly spray with Clorox would solve the problem.

In conclusion, I loved this hotel. It was modern, clean, quite, efficient, friendly, well situated, and handsomely appointed. I will return.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Michael O, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Dear wrl53,
Many thanks for completing a tripadvisor.com review. We always appreciate feedback and will address the housekeeping concern.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Safe travels,

Michael O'Donoghue
Director of Rooms
Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport
michael.odonoghue@hyatt.com

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed the night before our early morning flight. We were checked in by Randall who made us welcome! When we arrived to our room we were very impressed. The room was spotless! The bathroom was immaculate with plenty of towels. When I booked the room I was hesitant because of hearing planes take off and land. It was NOT an issue. We slept well and were rested and ready for a full day of travel. The hotel is at the airport, so we just walked over and went through airport security and on to our gate. The room price with AAA discount is comparable to the other area hotels. We will stay here again for our next early morning flight. Thank you for a clean, comfortable stay!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

Great location. Don't even have to leave the airport to get to it. Friendly staff and clean rooms. Hotel bar open until 1am and food served until midnight! Breakfast is a bit pricey in the morning. Recommend for anyone needing somewhere to stay in between flights or one night stays.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 November 2013

First of all the atmosphere in the reception area was pleasant. The individuals working there at night were very friendly and accommodating. Second its proximity to the airport was key for me. You literally walk from the lobby to the airport in just 5 minutes.

However when I got to my room I was a bit disappointed. The bathroom was dirty. It had hair from the previous guest on the floor and the tub/walls were filled with grime. The hairdryer in the bathroom was disgusting. It had dust on it and was just dirty. I cleaned it off with a lysol wipe. The pillows had stains on them, and the sheets had holes. The carpet looked like it hadn't been washed in years. Needless to say I wore socks the entire time of my stay. It was too late (11 pm) to call housekeeping so I just dealt with it since I had a 6am flight.

I believe with some deep cleaning the rooms would be up to par with a typical Hyatt hotel.

I would only recommend this hotel because of its location otherwise I would stay in another hotel outside of the airport.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Chris P, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Good day mipesq,

I am deeply sorry to hear that your room was not properly cleaned prior to your visit. Issues with the carpeting and bathroom cleanliness are not acceptable, and certainly not to the high standards we hold ourselves to. If you could please contact me at your earliest convenience, I would like to get more information for you so I can research and address your concerns. Thank you very much for taking time to complete the review.

Chris Palid – Director of Rooms
Christopher.Palid@hyatt.com

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Great service and the quality of food is good, but the prices are just outrageous. They are connected to the airport so they figure if you are staying there you have to pay their prices. All in all it is very convenient hotel.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Good day David S,

I am sorry to hear that you didn’t feel a value in the pricing in our restaurant. I will certainly share your comments with our restaurant management team. For future visits please note that we do offer a complimentary shuttle to any area restaurants, and our guests are given security passes to utilize any of the restaurants or shops at the airport. If I can be of any further assistance please let me know at any time. Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you again soon.

Chris Palid – Director of Rooms