“Soundproof at the airport”

Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Francisco, California
“Soundproof at the airport”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This is a very nice airport hotel. It is newly built and has very effective soundproofing. It is connected to the airport via a moving walkway.

It is particularly good value. The hotel is not as busy as they had anticipated. USA Air eliminated Pittsburgh as a hub city and it is no longer listed as a focus city. It's an ill wind that blows no good. The blow to the city has created a situation where one can stay at a top notch hotel for prices well under the norm.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Have the breakfast buffet but order your eggs made to order.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank David C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Overall a nice place if you need a hotel close to the airport. Bathtub could have been cleaner but not the worst place I've stayed. Room service staff very pleasant. No fridge in rooms. Getting in to the hotel and parking area can be tricky. Breakfast available but cheaper to go elsewhere.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We moved to this hotel from the Hyatt Place north sure because we were so disappointed in the downtown hotel. It was great. Our room was large. The bed was comfortable. The restaurant was great and best of all it was 4 minutes walk from the airport

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
7Marc8, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for your comments, come back and see us soon!
naples
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Had to go to Pittsburgh for a funeral. In and out. Booked this hotel a week in advance at a reasonable rate. I flew in late on a Friday night and their auto checkin worked grew. Room was finr, bar was great - restaurant overpriced. But what doe you expect fromm an airport hotel? Most important was the fact that I needed a car for Saturday but not Friday or Sunday. You couldn't get more convenient than this hotel.

Green Features: Too environmetally friendly. Cage free eggs for $12? Egg McMuffin at the airport was better.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Hello,

We do appreciate your comments and put a lot of thought into our menu developement. We try to offer organic and healthy options which with some items are priced higher. In addition, we provide a service level that makes for an overall great dining experience. We would never try to compete with McDonald's and what they serve. Thank you for your time!
Ohio
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed here for one night before an early am flight to Mexico. Having the ability to walk over to the airport I'm the am was great but the walls are paper thin and the people on either side of us were up with screaming kids all night. Also when the rooms around you ran the shower it sounded like it was right in your bedroom. Definitely will be going back to the Sheraton next time and use their free shuttle service to the airport. Hotel management didn't really seem to care about the noise issues when brought to their attention. As a travel agent with AAA I can definitely recommend a better airport hotel experience in the Pittsburgh airport area the the Hyatt.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mark C
ndudak, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Mrmercedes,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience as your feedback is very important to us. I was disappointed to hear that you experienced noise during your stay and that we didn't exceed your expectations. We pride ourselves in our customer service levels and do hope to see again on any future visits to the Pittsburgh market. If I can be of additional assistance please contact me at the hotel.
Thanks again for sharing your comments.
Nancy.dudak@hyatt.com
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We have stayed at this property a number of times. For the last 3 years we have used it as a base for when we fly in to visit our family. Our family uses it to stay at before a flight out of the area to visit us.

My biggest concern with this hotel is the housekeeping. They do not clean the rooms well. Especially the carpeting. I have had rooms where I could run my finger along the baseboard of the room and scoop up dust. Same thing around the bed frame which is exposed. I have been given rooms where I walk in and the furniture is covered with dust.

Recent stays have included carpet that didn't look like it had been vacuumed. Or maybe just the main sections with dust, dirt and debris along the edges. I have had housekeeping come up to a room and apologize and tell my their vacuums did not go up to the edges. When I asked them if a room change would provide me with cleaner carpet, I was told it would probably be the same.

Let me say that the staff has been nice. I have been told to let them know when I am coming in and the room would be clean. I just did this in April. When I arrived after midnight from a late flight I was greeted with an apology note about previous stays and some fruit. While I thought this was very kind of them, I looked around and basically saw the same issues with the carpet. You walk in and look down right by the bathroom and closet. And you see what seems to be a carpet that was cleaned except for the dust and debris all along the wall.

When I opened the curtains in the morning there were a few dead ladybugs and about 8 live ones. I mentioned this at check out to the staff.

I like this location. It is very convenient for us to come and go when in the area. In years past we would stay with other chain in the vicinity. The Hyatt has been more convenient.

My husband just stayed again last week. Once again he said the carpets were not vacuumed well and you could see stuff on them.

I have taken the time to address this with management. There is no reason a hotel which charges these kind of prices should have these kind of issues. I addressed this situation with them in August 2013. I would think by now they would have truly fixed these issues. At that time I did not post pictures of what I encountered. I had taken photos of the room and brought them down to the front desk. I didn't want to post them here because I believe in giving a hotel a chance to make it right. And at that time the hotel seemed concerned. They told me to let them know next time I came back and they would make it right.

I am sorry but they did not. I notified the general manager once again and she apologized and said "let us know when you come back again and we will make sure your room is clean". I just did that in April and it wasn't. When I arrive at the hotel at midnight from traveling across country I want to walk into a room that it clean. Instead I got a room where the carpets weren't clean. I have allergies and dust is a huge concern. I woke up with a nosebleed which tells me the carpets were dusty.

When I travel my biggest requirement is a clean room. If I have complained on previous reviews it has always been about a room that is not clean or smells musty or moldy. I usually try to stay in the larger chains which usually assures me of a cleaner room.

I just went back and looked at other reviews from this property. Some people love it and some mention the rooms are not clean. I was surprised to notice I am not the first person to have an infestation of lady bugs in my room. I am also not surprised that others have noted the rooms are not clean. It is as if this hotel has a captive audience that comes and goes for a night and they just don't really care.

So for my family we are going to skip this hotel in the future even though it means more hassle for us in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lvtolvlife
Michael O, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Lvtolvlife,
We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your hotel experience. There are no excuses to be made for the cleanliness concerns you highlighted in your review. Rest assured we are taking the appropriate steps with our housekeeping team to make it right.

We understand you have many hotel choices in the Pittburgh Airport region and we will ensure that your next visit with us exceeds your expectations.

Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Michael O'Donoghue
Director of Rooms
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Location: On site at PIT Airport a short walk from the main terminal. The entire walk is enclosed and there are moving walkways. If you have an early flight this is an unbeatable location at PIT

Hotel: A somewhat older hotel but still in good repair. The lobby is very nice and inviting and has a restaurant and bar. There were no long waits for the elevator and the common areas all seemed fine and well lit.

Check In: My brother and I arrived at 2:30 AM (thanks, United) and were greeted by a rather surly check-in agent. We got checked in quickly thankfully but this agent was not the friendliest and she was on duty later when we ran into problems.

Room: A nice enough two bed room on a high floor with a view of the runway (which I believe is an upgrade). The beds are pretty small but they were comfortable and the shower worked well. However, the internet did not. We were unable to log on to the wifi and when we called down we were given an access code that sometimes worked and sometimes didn't. Apparently, they're having issues with the wifi which we should have been told at check-in and when we called for help, the agent was very unfriendly.

Other: This was a two night stay and when we got back to the room on the second night, we found our room had never been made up. We called down to report this and were rudely asked if we left our do not disturb sign on. When I said no, we just never had our beds made or received fresh towels, I was told they would move us to another room at but 11 PM, that's not what I wanted. Someone did bring us towels thankfully. When we went to check out a few hours later, the same agent who brought us towels denied having heard of the issue until we reminded her of it. We asked about compensation but were told the manager would have to decide on that. I'm still waiting on what, if anything, will be offered.

In conclusion, a great hotel for an early flight out of PIT, but I probably won't be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a Wifi code at check in to save time later
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Sal_Paradise767,
Many thanks for your indept review of your hotel experience. I apologize for the poor service you received from our front office team and can assure you that it is the exception rather than the norm. During your stay, we were in upgrading our WiFi system and regret that our vendor experienced unexpected challenges resulting in extended outages. We have since completed the upgrade and are now able to provide enhanced internet speeds and greater bandwidth.

I have reached out to you privately via tripadvisor.com to ensure that we make amends for your experience. I look forward to ensuring you receive 100% satisfaction.

Michael O'Donoghue
La Quinta Inn Pittsburgh Airport
Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport
Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport
#2 of 12 in Coraopolis

Been to Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport? Share your experiences!