“Convenient Location for Early Departures and Late Arrivals”

Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 August 2014

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times. Mostly though for early departures the next day. Every stay the quality has been the same.

Pros:
-Close to Airport (walk out of the hotel and right on to the moving walk way in to the airport).
-Staff are nice
-Quality of stay remains constant (over the last 11 years that I have been staying there)
-Easy Check-in/Check-out

Cons:
-They have "HD" TV's in the rooms, but no HD channels.
-No thermostat in the rooms, just a box that shows 3 Fan Settings and a dial for Hot or Cold
-the iHome Radio's are pretty much shot in each room I have been in in the last couple of years, so I use my cell phone for an alarm now.
-Some rates you get free Internet, others you have to pay.
-Rates swing wildly during a week. I have stayed there on a monday and it was $300 and on the friday of the same week it was at or under $100.

For my most recent stay, the door on the hotel room would not close if you tried to close it from the outside. I called the front desk and was on hold for over 10 minutes. When the front desk person answered the phone again, he had totally forgot I was on hold. He said he was going to sent a maintenance man up, but one never got paged, luckily I found one in the hall and he got my room moved to a different one.

Would I continue to stay there, yes. The convenience factor way out weighs the cons. However if the Hyatt is reading this, please look at updating the thermostats, clocks and TV service.

Room Tip: Even number rooms are on the side that face the 10L/28R runway. Odd number rooms are on the side tha...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jason G

Reviewed 28 August 2014

We have stayed here several times the night before an early departing flight the next morning. This time we checked in early in the evening and made time to check out the swimming pool with the kids. The pool area is nice and clean. It also had handicapped access for both the pool and the hot tub. The sauna and steam shower were nice to sit in. The fitness center had a good bit of equipment as well as chilled towels and fresh fruit (apples and oranges). Clean room and easy check out finished off the trip in a nice way.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Spend here for one night.
See soap from previous customers in the bathroom.... disgusting! go green?
everything else is good.
Hotel parking is limited, but airport parking is pretty close to the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank phishinghan
7Marc8, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thanks for your feedback. Sorry about the soap, we do NOT recycle used soap so I'm sure it was an oversight. Thank you for your compliments on service! Hope you join us again soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I was put here on short notice and they were very accommodating, friendly and helpful. Krissy was understanding and helped with all if my issues. She made me feel right at home. She was quick and efficient to help with my issues. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2014
7Marc8, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for the compliments! I will certainly pass on to Krissy and the hotel team!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

While we stay here every year on the night before our family reunion in WV, this particular night was a nightmare. Not only had I called 3 times to confirm my PAID reservation, I had called the same day to say our flight from LAX was delayed 2 hours and we would not be checking in until approx. 2 AM. When we arrived we were told they were sold out and had no rooms! Very long story with the attendant on duty, but I finally received 1 room with a roll-away bed. I had paid for 2 rooms for 4 adults! Did I mention my father is 90 y/o and in a wheelchair? While I have received compensation after the fact, I NEVER received an apology for the night clerk nor the manager on duty that night. I gave this hotel 3 stars at it is very nice and usually we have no issues as I say we stay here every year.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
7Marc8, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Hello,

I do thank you for your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience of the room type. This should have been avoided. Please reach out to me next time you stay and I will ensure you have everything you need. marc.vaccaro@hyatt.com

Thanks!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

The Hyatt Regency at Pittsburgh Airport fitted our needs for a short stay, it offered a great price-value as hotels near the city were going for much higher prices. Common spaces are great looking and contemporary, bedrooms need a bit of updating, and definitely they need to renovate the bathrooms (this is the biggest downside of this property). Service and helpfulness of the staff were really good, we hope they keep it up. We did not spend so much time at the property and did not use the swimming pool and fitness center, but did have a tranquil and quiet sleep.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback. We hear you loud and clear on the condition of room. We are on schedule for a room, lobby, and restaurant renovation this November! Come see us soon!

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here only because of a conference that was being held here. The hotel is directly attached to the airport terminal, so it can be convenient for travelers but inconvenient for people not wanting to deal with airport traffic.

Parking - you can park at the airport extended parking lot. Parking lot section 1 leads directly into the hotel lobby without having to take a shuttle. The fee is max $13/day but no ins and outs.

Rooms - my room was fine but my only complaints are that the comforter lost so much feather that it could've been considered a thick sheet and the bathroom plumbing is seriously clogged (a pet peeve of mine). See the pic I uploaded for a view of the airport parking lot from the 5th floor.

Location - this hotel is around 40 minutes away from the city and 35 minutes away from the Tanger Outlets. Since it's an airport hotel, main attraction is the airport itself.

I recommend this hotel for the convenience of travelers but I personally would prefer to stay in the city.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
7Marc8, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

thank you for your response, come see us again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Findlay Township
Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh Airport
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - Airport
Wyndham Garden Pittsburgh Airport
Wyndham Garden Pittsburgh Airpor...
#2 of 2 in Findlay Township
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Airport
La Quinta Inn Pittsburgh Airport
Hyatt Place Pittsburgh/Airport

Been to Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport? Share your experiences!