I have stayed at this hotel numerous times. Mostly though for early departures the next day. Every stay the quality has been the same.
-Close to Airport (walk out of the hotel and right on to the moving walk way in to the airport).
-Staff are nice
-Quality of stay remains constant (over the last 11 years that I have been staying there)
-They have "HD" TV's in the rooms, but no HD channels.
-No thermostat in the rooms, just a box that shows 3 Fan Settings and a dial for Hot or Cold
-the iHome Radio's are pretty much shot in each room I have been in in the last couple of years, so I use my cell phone for an alarm now.
-Some rates you get free Internet, others you have to pay.
-Rates swing wildly during a week. I have stayed there on a monday and it was $300 and on the friday of the same week it was at or under $100.
For my most recent stay, the door on the hotel room would not close if you tried to close it from the outside. I called the front desk and was on hold for over 10 minutes. When the front desk person answered the phone again, he had totally forgot I was on hold. He said he was going to sent a maintenance man up, but one never got paged, luckily I found one in the hall and he got my room moved to a different one.
Would I continue to stay there, yes. The convenience factor way out weighs the cons. However if the Hyatt is reading this, please look at updating the thermostats, clocks and TV service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh is a full service business class hotel, conveniently connected to the Pittsburgh International Airport via enclosed moving walkways. This 11 story hotel offers 336 contemporary guestrooms including 22 suites to accommodate anyone's business or personal needs. The bellfarm kitchen|bar offers locally sourced food, grass fed beef, organic free range chicken, and sustainable salmon. We cure and smoke our own pork belly in house for our signature pork belly quesadilla with a cilantro aioli. We offer 20,000 square feet of versatile meeting space, this hotel can accommodate a meeting for 2 to 1,000 people. This hotel is centrally located to major corporate headquarters, office parks, shopping and only 25 minutes from downtown Pittsburgh. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport Hotel Pittsburgh
- Hyatt Pittsburgh International Airport