“Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh good stay”

Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 October 2006

I stayed one night here after getting into Pittsburgh late. I called earlier in the evening and booked a room with no trouble.

The room was very nice. It had a good amount of space and the king size bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was also roomy and very clean. Being so close to the airport I thought I would hear more noise, but surprisingly I heard only a few planes.

The staff at the front desk and in the lounge area were very helpful.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank Kmfundraiser
Write a ReviewReviews (1,248)

Reviewed 18 August 2006

We were flying in to Pittsburgh late, and wanted to just stay near the airport before renting a car (avoiding an extra day of rental car, and as it happened, avoiding problems with the rental place closing before the flight came in). This is the ideal hotel for that - it is located in the parking lot for the airport, and is accessible by walkway from the airport. Just walk up to the departures level, and out towards the parking lot.

Once in the hotel (it was 1:30am local time), it was clean, well decorated, and quiet. We quickly checked in and sank into the luxury of a beautiful, clean room.

The bedding was very nice, the bed comfortable, and the desk actually had enough room for two people to work! We had no problem with noise, which could be because there were few late-night flights. It was the most restful arrival we'd had in a long time.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank knico
Reviewed 10 July 2006

I have stayed at the Hyatt Regency about 5 times in the past 4 months, the latest time being June 29, 2006. The hotel is on-airport so the convenience cannot be beaten - especially if you have a late night or early morning flight. The rooms are very comfortable and the windows all have sound proof glass that really works! Olives is the restaurant right off the lobby - the food is decent and they also have a bar.

The work out room is one of the better ones I have seen in my travels - it has several newer cardio machines with the built-in televisions, hand weights and a couple of weight machines. However, there is no "free" water available in the fitness room - just a vending machine with water, Powerade and the like.

I will definitely be staying here again since I often take late night flights to Pittsburgh.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled on business
3  Thank chloe2002
A TripAdvisor Member
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 28 June 2006

Stayed the day of arrival in Pittsburgh on 6/16/06 and again on the night before departure on 5/26/06. Both times everything went as smooth as silk. The desk staff were friendly and professional treating me as a guest as opposed to just another customer.
The food at "Olives", the hotel restaurant was good, but overpriced. The wait staff were excellent and attentive.
My only gripe is that they did away with the 10:30 PM Cigar Bar, where one could relax, have a drink, and enjoy a fine cigar as any civilized man should. I informed the Hyatt of my displeasure of eliminating the cigar bar, and encourage others to do the same.
Regardless, I still recommend the Pittsburgh Airport Hyatt and it remains one of my favorite hotels.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 June 2006

I absoluetly loved this hotel. The hotel was very clean. The staff was excellent. The bed was probably the most comfortable i've ever slept in. We went down to the restaurant for a light dinner and decided to sit in the bar. The fish soup was amazing and just what I needed. The service there was also very good. The restaurant could be pricey but everything looked delicious. Check out was smooth and it was an easy walk through the skywalk to catch our flight.

• Stayed: May 2006
2  Thank PixieJosie
Reviewed 19 June 2006

We stayed here for my son's 4th birthday. (He wanted to watch the planes take off)
You definitely can do that and it's entertaining for the kids. We swam in the pool, which was decent, warm, clean etc . . . the only bothersome thing was a young (teenage) couple in the hot tub, WAY too much physical contact, but the 'employee' there didn't seem to concerned. (We left the pool).
Housekeeping wasn't perfect as we found a lid from a milkshake (with the straw)
between the beds. It was there a while . . . .
Breakfast was pretty decent though. Not included in normal nights stay, but with AAA breakfast rate, it's a good deal.
The best part is if you need to be at the airport, you're just a people mover away.
Parking is NOT free, it's like $9.00 / day, whether you use the airport or not.
Overall, I would probably go back.

• Stayed: February 2006
2  Thank lagunalvr
Reviewed 26 April 2006

I stayed one night at the Hyatt on April 3 with a group on business. The location can't be beat for convenience. The room was very nice, had a comfortable bed with good linens, and a bathroom with marble-topped vanity. Very clean. My view was of the parking lot, but the rooms on the other side of the building had views of the runway. My room was quiet, and I did not notice the sound of the airport being a problem in the other room either. The hotel restaurant is quite expensive. Although there is a mall in the airport, you're only able to get to two restaurants before you need to go through security, which of course, you can't do without a boarding pass. The airport surrounds the hotel so there is nothing within walking distance. However, we made arrangements for shuttle service to the local mall and got a great meal there at a restaurant called Hooligans. The driver was very nice and came back for us as soon as we called. You just need to make an appointment for this service (in our case it was only about 45 minutes in advance and they were able to accommodate us). I was very pleased with my stay and would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2006, travelled on business
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh Airport
#3 of 7 in Moon Township
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Airport
Wyndham Garden Pittsburgh Airport
Wyndham Garden Pittsburgh Airpor...
#2 of 2 in Findlay Township
Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel
La Quinta Inn Pittsburgh Airport

Been to Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport? Share your experiences!