Stayed here for a week in August, 2 adults and a child travelling. Ideally located between San Teodoro and Budoni, both 10 minutes drive away and both offering fantastic beaches although if you want quieter beaches, head towards Budoni as San Teodoro beaches are VERY crowded.
Hosts are very polite and informative and have provided guests with a home from home and a big plus for us, was that linen and towels were included. The apartments are new (a couple of years old I believe) and are well equipped and very clean with amazing views for 180 degrees. We couldn't have asked for more and got what we paid for in outbreaks opinion.
There are a couple of things to note however:
- the windows in the living room and the bathroom; slight design flaw. The placement of the lights on the walls was not considered as when opening the windows you can easily hit the lights so be careful.
- the shower; good water pressure however the shower enclosure is of the cheapest quality. There is a sign on it which advises that if anyone were to break it, it will be charged to them. Bare this in mind when using the shower.
- heat and mosquitos. It was very hot when we visited; upwards of 35c every day and the location of the house although fantastic is in the countryside and there are mosquitos about. Sleeping with the windows closed will mean that you will wake up a couple of hours later in a pool of sweat! And if you do leave the windows open at night, make sure to line yourself with some anti mosquito-something to minimise the risk of being eaten alive.
In summary we really enjoyed our stay here. It was easy to find, clean, convenient and would recommend it.
What could be better?
- The shower enclosure let's the bathroom down. There is much better quality out there for not much money so for little investment it could be improved.
- Air conditioning in the bedrooms at least, would make for a much more pleasant sleeping experience. The heat at night with the windows closed is very uncomfortable however the area itself is very quiet and calm.
This property is incorrectly marked on the map, and is actually 7+ km's outside of the San Teodoro beach area. The owners know their property is marked inaccurately but, as of the time of this review, have not corrected their mistake and refuse to issue a refund. This property is so far from the city it doesn't even have an address on Google Maps (it says "unnamed road")! Taxis can't find it, and if they do, they won't make it up the roadway because it is too steep for most vehicles. So if you stay here, just know that you will either need to rent a car or pay a bunch in taxi fares. Also, neither of the owners speak English or French as they have claimed on this advertisement. Oh, and good luck working with Trip Advisor. I've been trying to get a refund for three weeks and there are always delays and excuses from the staff, who are obviously located in India. This is an embarrassment on all sides.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||People with disabilities|
|Families with young children||People with pets|