Panama Big Game Fishing Club
EcoHotel Boca Brava(Isla Boca Brava)(Great Value!)
US$33
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Roxy Fishing Club(Boca Chica)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$58
Seagull Cove Resort(Boca Chica)(Great Value!)
US$149
Official Hotel
US$55
US$40
  • Restaurant
Howlers Bay Hotel(Isla Boca Brava)
TripAdvisor
  • Room Service
Cabanas Boca Brava(Isla Boca Brava)
Agoda.com
All reviewstunafirst classfishone of a kindred snappermagical placeafter hourschi chibucket listcenter consolean amazing tripcatch of the daymarlinlbmatesauralodge
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Where to start?
Panama big game has taught me what "all inclusive" really means. The first call I received was from Sherri to ask what I like to eat, drink, and what I wanted to fish for. As we chatted I realized we were planning a personalized package. How many drinks we wanted on the boat and what our personal preferences were for after hours as well.
Escorted through customs, all transport, and lodging handled by an outstanding woman named Auda (sp.?) We were picked up by Victor, the manager, and met with a cocktail at the lodge. It could not have been a smoother journey.
The lodge is up on a bluff with unbelievable views from the pool with cocktails and appetizers served freely. "Mr. C",the owner, is over the top accommodating trying to make your experience one of a kind.
Best of all our fishing was incredible!!!!!! We had two boat slams and two out of the three in our party had personal slams in three days of fishing. Unlike any other place I have charter fished, these guys gave us sun up to sun down. Tati, our captain and Carlos our first mate gave 120% to put us on the fish. Tati's 30 years of fishing experience in those waters payed off!
I was sad to go, but I know I will be returning!!! We were affectionately named "Team Chewy" by Mr. C.
We will be back to make even better memories.
- Chewy

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Steve J
Reviewed 12 May 2014

For any one who has been going to Panama for a fishing getaway and has not been to Panama Big Game Fishing Club you are missing out. Your days of roughing it are over....Not sure where to brag first---the boats, the gear, the captains and crews blew away what we have experienced in the past--all top rate....The accommodations were unbelievable---the pics do not do the place justice...The food, The top shelf booze, The pool bar, the electronics, the videos, the hot tub---this place rocks...but the true rock star is Mr. C....this guy is a game changer in hospitality and fun....

Mr. C, see you next year....my best to you and your family.

Rich (Ganz Group)

Room Tip: There is not a bad room at the place....but for a bit of fun cocktails with Mr. C at the pool bar
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Rich L
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I have been FISHING THE WATERS off PANAMA for over 15 years, been to 8 different lodges and can finally say "Some one has figured it out" and its name is Pamama Big Game Fishing Lodge". I was there with a large group of my fishing buddies last Febrruary and by the end of our trip, we already booked our excursion for next year. OVER DELIVERED IN EVERY CATEGORY....Over delivered in every category..... accommodations, food, drinks, equipment, boats, state of the art technology, and even the daily laundry service. The friendly and helpful staff, experienced captains, hard working first mates were the best I ever came across. BUT the BONUS PACKAGE WAS THE PASSIONATE OWNER WHO HAS INVESTED SUBSTANTIAL FUNDS INTO PBGFC WITH THE GOAL OF MAKING IT THE BEST FISHING RESORT ON THE PLANET. I WOULD say HE HAS SUCCEEDED AND LOOK FORWARD TO MANY YEARS STAYING AT THIS LUXURIOUS FISHING LODGE. I hope THIS REVIEW HELPS MY FELLOW FISHERMAN. SINCERELY JIM LYONS (PART OF THE INFAMOUS GANZ GROUP)

Room Tip: all rooms are first class
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank JLy0ns
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Our trip to Panama began in late March in Panama City where we were met by the travel specialists who handled our arrival in the airport , customs, luggage & transportation. Aura, from Panama Big Game Fishing Club then provided assistance with city tours & and anything else we needed. After enjoying all the sights of the city & the canal etc. we were whisked away by plane and then a boat shuttle to the island of Boca Brava where we were greeted with a beverage and escorted us the top of the island which presented spectacular views of the waters and a tropical jungle with howler monkeys and hummingbirds. The staff was welcoming and helped us get settled in our very spacious and comfortable rooms. Each evening began with appetizers and drinks poolside, followed by delicious meals in the clubhouse which was a terrific way to wind up your day after being on the water fishing - and what great fishing there was. The captain & crew (communication was a problem - they only spoke Spanish ) took us out to the Hannibal Bank with much activity of pods of porpoises & where we caught a 50 lb. rooster fish and 6 yellow fin tunas ranging in size from 50 - 200 lbs. over a 3 day period - everyone getting their chance with the rod & reel. We would like to thank everyone at the Club for going out of their way to make this a trip of a lifetime..

Room Tip: all the rooms were very nice with front porches to enjoy a relaxing view of the property and it's all theinhabitants
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ann H
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This is truly the worlds best fishing lodge, to say I have tried many and none have come close. Please say if you know better I am more than happy to test?This is my second time at the club and it has gone from strength to strength. As had I said before it was fantastic they have taken it to another level again, everything is new and updated again.
There is a new sports bar and so much more. The new chef is a in another leauge his food is to die for! I tried the new black fin boat called the legend on a hot day with AC it was bliss to cool down between fish.The team stand on there head to give you the very best. The fishing is like no where. I can not say more other than I have already booked again. Thank you to all the team and I hope to beat 3 more personal fish records again next year. Russ.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo