“Wonderful stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Emerald Park
Lethbridge, Canada
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I was amazed at all positive reviews of this hotel and it was part of our decision to stay there to see if they were true. We were not disappointed. The place was clean, pool and water slide were fun, the free breakfast was awesome (probably saved my family $60 going out to eat) and the service was awesome. We did have some small issues and they were taken care of immediately by whichever courteous staff person was working. We will definately stay there again!!

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Ray S
SleepInnEP, General Manager at Sleep Inn Regina East, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Ray S,

It is my entire's team's goal to ensure that each one of our guests have a wonderful stay, and I am so glad that we accomplished this for you.

I am so glad that the issues you encountered were taken care of immediately and courteously which is so important to us.

Thank you for your business!

Natalie Cherry

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

A new hotel, reflected in its immaculate condition. True, it is a few minutes out of town, but not significantly burdensome in terms of additional travel time.

Amenities include an indoor pool, tasty breakfast, comfortable lobby, and ample parking. Rooms are spacious, functional, super-clean; likewise, sheets, pillows, and bedding make for a delightful rest.

From a price perspective, a similar quality hotel located within city limits would easily be 20 to 25% more expensive. Coupled with a friendly, helpful desk and breakfast room staff, this is an ideal choice for business and tourist visitors to the Regina area.

Oh, and as this is suburb in transition, there is extensive construction being undertaken in the surrounding lots, but
nothing that poses any major disturbance to hotel patronizes.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank David Ron W
Dear David Ron W,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience at our hotel. We are so pleased to have exceeded your expectations!

We are going to have neighbours soon, including Shopper's Drug Mart, which does mean construction near by for a short while, however we are excited about the added amenities it will offer our guests!

Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon!

Regina Beach, Canada
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Never again will I stay here. The staff was SO rude. I've never heard any hotel staff at any hotel I have ever stayed at speak to a guest like that. I was supposed to have been refunded and they never did. I called and got nothing but more rudeness. When I said if their GM doesn't contact me that I would go above her they said '' go ahead fine. Yes you do that. '' like as if they don't even want to try and help. I wouldn't even care about the discount if my stay wasn't so awful and traumatizing! Never ever again. People don't travel to be yelled at by staff or spoken to as if they are they problem, when clearly they have NO customer service skills or training. Choice will definitely be hearing from me.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank choiceisprivilege
Dear choiceisprivilege,

When the power went out in our community it resulted in the loss of power in the entire hotel, including our elevator. We are truly sorry that you had the misfortune of being in the elevator at the time. Our emergency services were dispatched by myself personally to free you as soon as possible; fortunately the power was restored before they arrived.

As when we spoke on the phone after the incident, I again express my empathy for the experience. I too have been stuck in an elevator and know how stressful it is which is why we did not charge you for your stay.

Warm Regards,
alberta
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Kids loved the pool and water slide (however water slide did not work one of two days we used it). Very clean and new. The room had comfy beds and was very quiet. It was equipped with microwave and mini fridge/coffee maker. Perfectly located minutes from in-laws retirement home and about 7 minutes from large shopping area. Took our small dog with us.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank delpilar
Dear delpilar,

Thank you for staying with us on your trip to the Regina area. I was sadden to see that you did not get to use our water slide as it has not been down due to any malfunction the entire summer. We do keep it off when the pool is not in use for environmental reasons and most guests just ask for it to be turned on when they are swimming.

I am sorry that your group did not ask us, so we have had a sign made for our pool, letting guests know that they should contact the desk if it is not on when they enter the pool area so this does not happen to any other guests in future.

We are so glad you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us and we hope to see you on your next visit to the Regina area.

Winnipeg
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Being a new hotel, I thought this would be a good place to stop with my family after 10 hours of driving. This hotel is decorated nicely, the pool is small but okay (although the floor around the pool is painful on the feet), the waterslide is fun for kids, breakfast is good, and the beds are comfortable. BUT.......there is no sound proofing. All night long I could CLEARLY and loudly hear people walking and toilets flushing which kept waking me up! I've never had those issues in a hotel. Reading other reviews, I understand the third floor might be quieter but I had 3 little kids with me so that would have ruined everyone else's quiet. I don't know how this hotel was constructed (in a major rush?) but something significant is missing with sound proofing. At $150 a night, I really expected a better sleep. No one at the front desk bothered to ask me how my stay was so I didn't mention anything at check out. I really wanted to like the hotel as I've stayed at and really liked Sleep Inns before.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank WinnipegFamily
Dear WinnipegFamily,

We are pleased that you enjoyed the many amenities that our hotel offers. I am very sorry though that you did not have a good sleep while with us.

We know how important it is to be able to have a sound sleep when travelling and I do apologize that we were not able to provide this for you.

We hope to be able to offer you a better sleep on your next stay in the Regina area.

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Literally minutes out of Regina, this hotel is newer, clean and nicely appointed. We ended up in the accessible room, so their was no tub, but a lovely huge shower. The bathroom, of course, was large enough to accommodate a wheelchair, but the vanity was VERY tiny; you would not have been able to put much of anything on it, so our things remained in bags. As well, the vanity is too high for those in wheelchairs and the mirror would be useless as it had no tilt. There were lots and lots of towels, but the bulk of them would have been unreachable as they were up above the toilet on a rack. My suggestion would be to lower the vanity and extend the vanity top two feet toward the toilet. A lower rack to reach the towels would be great, or even a small, narrow shelf under the extended vanity top.

The bed was a lovely king-sized bed with two pretty tables but only ONE side had a lamp. Not so good. The closet was two-tiered, so the lower tier would be very accessible. The dresser/desk combo across from the bed was great and housed a small fridge, a tiny microwave and had a coffee maker on top. The only issue was it had only ONE drawer. A lovely office chair was included at the desk part.

A separate chair was included with a side table (I think) and a floor lamp. The window was large and had sliding, opening portions - screened - on the bottom, which was nice. As usual, an air-conditioner was below the window, but the thermostat was so high on the wall no one needing the accessible room could have reached it.

We had the breakfast - free - on the Sunday, but it was crowded and there are not enough tables to accommodate people. The scrambled "eggs" were very unappetizing; I think they were just not prepared properly, as usually these taste not too bad. The selection was good, but both waffle irons were going steadily so we were unable to partake in the great waffles. The beverage choices were also wide and tasty.

We didn't have a chance to use the pool area, but it looked nice.

Across the parking lot is a gas station with a convenience store, a Tim Horton's and a Boston Pizza. A Western Pizza is nearby, as is a shopping centre.

All the staff were very friendly and the hotel was very clean. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Take a room above the first floor. We did have parking lot noise, but our room faced it directly.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Laurie L
Dear Laurie L,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your thoughts and comments about our Accessible Rooms, and will take these items under consideration when making changes. All of our accessible rooms do meet the legal codes, however little things can make the experience more enjoyable!

We hope to have the the opportunity to serve you again on your next visit to the Regina area.

wyoming
Reviewed 21 July 2014

came to a Riders game and enjoyed our stay here, motel is recently been built and very clean, didn't use the pool, breakfast was a typical hotel breakfast, nothing fancy but nothing bad to say about it either. The only reason i didn't give it a 5 star is that we ask the hotel clerk if we could have our rooms cleaned early afternoon(got in late and slept inn), he said no problem, but when we came back and rooms were the same.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Days Inn - Regina
#11 of 33 in Regina
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Regina, SK
Sandman Hotel & Suites Regina

Been to Sleep Inn Regina East? Share your experiences!