“A Real Pub”

Price range: US$8 - US$21
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Fox and Goose is a family run pub set in the heart of the tranquil village of Greywell, Hampshire. This superb example of a 16th century Inn is located just a few miles from exit 5 of the M3 between Hook and Odiham. The pub is an ideal place to meet for lunch, dinner or even just drinks, we also offer free camping on our grounds you just have to use the pub during your stay.
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This place is somewhat stuck in a time warp but is areal old English pub in a beautiful hamlet. Food appears to be pretty good too. As an added bonus they have a large field to the rear where you can pitch a tent for free as long as you make use of the pub.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I first went to this pub some while ago and I must say, I was very impressed. I am a Scampi and Chips lover, along with the baked beans, which is my usual dish. The dish was excellent and special note to the chips as they are very flat but hugely tasty. Its not a type of chip you get to see very often and made a refreshing change.

The pub itself has an old fashioned feel to it and there's not that many pubs around that emulate that atmosphere - the staff there were friendly enough and they definitely got into the spirit with the recent world cup event by displaying the England flag proudly.

Also, the pub's not far from where we live and as they do a really good meal and you are made to feel welcome. However, the only downside to the pub is that it is a shade expensive but that said, you do get good portions. I'd rather pay a lot of money than get a small amount for what I pay and also, the price is about right for today's competitiveness.

I thoroughly recommend the Fox and Goose for a good atmosphere and very tasty food. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

My first visit to the pub in years. Extensive menu with still more on specials board. Great and varied choice. Prices good value. Service rather slow and veggies a bit cold but overall a good meal. Pork in a lovely mushroom sauce was very nice and dessert of lemon sponge and custard very nice. They also accept the Tastecard which makes dining out even more reasonable. We will definitely return.

1  Thank itismehdr
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Visited Sunday 12 noon (opening time) 25th June 2014, fathers day, A popular family (and dog) friendly local pub, with a good reputation for food, and quite rightly so. Could not find fault with staff or food, excellent menu and specials selection. But, for a family pub, the garden play area was sparsely equipped and the play frames were very dirty. some ten new garden tables were present but the garden itself needed tidying and cleaning up,(fresh dog mess found on the grass, which needed a cut), and lastly, the gents toilets were DISGUSTING, smelly and in a state of poor repair. This is High season for this type of trade, the operators were letting themselves down, BIG TIME.

2  Thank jiveboy55
Reviewed 7 June 2014

A really quaint pub hidden away in the Hampshire countryside. We met up with our local camera club here a few nights ago before going out on one of the three walks published on their website. My wife and I decided to eat here before the walk and we're so glad we did. The food was delicious. Another big plus was that the pub is dog friendly, so we could take our well behaved Golden Retriever with us. I can't quite believe that I've lived within 3 miles of this pub for more than 10 years and have never heard of it. We'll definitely go again.

It's a small pub and quite popular (with those in the know), so it's worthwhile checking availability of tables before you go.