“Beautiful, Peaceful, Healing”
Review of Villa Orleans

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rincon
Villa Orleans
Ranked #13 of 24 Speciality Lodging in Rincon
seattle,wa
“Beautiful, Peaceful, Healing”
Reviewed 28 January 2009

I rented the studio apt above the art gallery in Dec 08. What a treat! The space itself is simple but beautiful with a view of the lovely caribbean beach.

Its sits amidst a beautiful, mature garden with the sound of coquis, birds and the waves to lull you into peace.

The energy of this place is amazing..run by artists it is a place of renewal and regeneration.

To add to the experience, when a surf scrape turned nasty, the hosts Nina and Roberto were gracious enough to drive me to a hospital. They made sure I was comfortable, happy and they were always available to answer questions or offer assistance. Wonderful people!

I highly recommend this spot to anyone looking for a peaceful, healing place to stay.

• Liked — setting and hosts
  • Disliked — no phone, difficult to get cell access also
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank leandra_9

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Hampton, Virginia
Reviewed 27 January 2009

We arrived at the airport in Aguadilla at nearly 11pm (direct flights on Continental from Newark. Aguadilla is a small, modern airport, much more convenient to Rincon than San Juan. And when the plane landed...all the passengers cheered!) and Luis was there to meet us with his little truck. Later we discovered he had driven all the way from his home quite south of Villa Orleans because he was concerned that we find our way easily at night. We were very thankful for his help as the driveway to the Villa would have been easy to miss in the dark.
My first impression was of a tropical paradise as we drove down the steep, jungley driveway, through the trees past the little art gallery and to where we could see the waves crashing against the shore.
Villa Orleans is a quiet, peaceful place that carries a constant energy from the background of the waves. They really do crash right against the foundation of the house. There are two small beaches, one right in front of the house and another down a path that sports little lizards scampering just beyond reach. I was concerned about poisonous snakes since I had my two small grandchildren with me. Roberto informed us that not only are there no poisonous snakes on the island, we were not likely to see any snakes at all. We did however adopt a tentative friendship with the large spider living in the outdoor shower!
The property has an abundance of coconut palms and my son and husband spent hours gathering the ripe nuts and cracking them open Robinson Crusoe style. We had fresh coconut for breakfast most every morning!
I recommend bringing snorkeling stuff if you are so inclined. We spent hours scouting out the fish and coral among the rocks just in front of the Villa. Particularly beautiful were the giant purple sea fans. Also there are black sea urchins. DO NOT TOUCH as they are sharp and sting.
Typically by May the waves have calmed down for the summer (Rincon is famous for its high winter surf) but when we were there the breakers were plenty big enough to body surf. Never the less, they were not too big for my two year old grandson to play tag with them as they rolled up on shore in front of the house.
Villa Orleans boasts huge porches across the ocean side of the house. We spent hours out there enjoying the shade and gazing out across the bay. Late in the afternoon clouds would gather out by Mayaguez (across the bay) and we could see sheets of rain falling over there, but it seldom came our way. I brought my pastels and lost track of time trying to capture the changing colors of the sky and sea.
Roberto and Nina were wonderfully gracious hosts and we felt we really got to know them (because we wanted to, not because they were intrusive) They even did some shopping for us before we arrived so we would not wake up the next morning to an empty fridge. Still we did venture into town and check out the Supermarcado. It was small and friendly and full of fresh produce. We met Panni, an elderly gentleman whom everyone seemed to know. He spoke English much better than we spoke Spanish and he taught us a few helpful expression while we chatted with him in the produce aisle.
One of the things that impressed me most while I was there was a local family that came down the to beach in front of the villa (the ONLY other people we saw there) nearly everyday. They came together, the grandfather and mom and aunt and teenagers and small children. I loved the way they enjoyed each other, so unlike American families who are hardly ever together like that. The school aged boy and girl knew a little English and we knew a little Spanish so we said Ola! to each other and when we ran out of words, we just waved and smiled. Each day we went back to our Spanish dictionary to learn another expression so we would have something new to say. They were delightful and friendly people.
I recommend that while you are there, you go for a walk down the little road the villa lies on. It climbs up hills to a place where the view is breathtaking. Bright pink bougainvillea and mango laden trees line the roads and the houses are a riot of color. We saw a beautiful rooster and his harem of chicken ladies out in front of a humble home across the street from the water. Such a different place than what we are used to here where we live.
One other thing. Route 2, the main road down the western coast, is very easy to travel. Its wide and quick and we enjoyed touring the countryside. You should definitely get a map and wander around a bit. We went to LaParguera all the way down south and also to Boqueron Beach which was still and green with strikingly clear water. We also wandered up into the hills a little inland and found the largest satellite dish on earth. It sat up in the rainy mountains and we felt like we were on top of the world. The western coast of Puerto Rico is stunning. Enjoy your stay and tell Roberto and Nina hi for me!

• Liked — Privacy, access to the beach, and our hosts
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank vtacademymom
NYC
Reviewed 25 January 2009

My wife Emily and I travelled to Villa Orleans in Rincon, Puerto Rico for our honeymoon in January. We stayed with our hosts Roberto & Nina Ortiz, and lived over top of the Secret Garden Gallery at Casa del Artista .

The setting and lodging were absolutely perfect: Beautiful, secluded, private, clean, relaxed, and very tropical. The location is idyllic and eden like - and the beach is unparalleled and gorgeous. The beach is exclusive to guests of Villa Orleans. No one else. Each day we swam, sea kayaked, read, tanned, and snorkeled. It was bliss.

One of the nicest things about Villa Orleans and Casa del Artista is being able to cook. In the morning we enjoyed our fresh coffee on the patio, while at sunset, we cooked our meals on the patio's BBQ overlooking the sea.

Our hosts were terrific, as they shared their home, and Rincon with us by showing us the sweet spots of the Island. We snorkeled at Steps Beach saving lots of money from the usual tourist boats and spotted loads of tropical fish. We saw the beautiful Rincon Lighthouse, had drinks at Tamboo where we watched beautiful waves and walked on a spectacular beach. We also visited native hotspots like Rum Shack, Bungers, and Brisa's where we enjoyed the most superb tacos we've ever eaten.

My wife and I are definitely booking a trip for next year. My only advice and special request to those who are lucky enough to stay at Villa Orleans or Casa del Artista is that you share this special, secret destination with only your very closest friends and family.

• Liked — Roberto and Nina are terrific hosts who respect your privacy, and will show you the town if you request
  • Disliked — There is nothing in this category
  • Stayed January 2009
Fort Worth, TX
Reviewed 26 December 2008

After 18 years of bachelor living, I wanted the perfect spot for a honeymoon with my new wife. Villa Orleans is just the spot!

We'd never been to Puerto Rico, so my new wife and I had no idea what to expect. Luis and Roberto warmly welcomed us to Rincon and insured that our week was exactly as we hoped it would be. Villa Orleans is a quiet secluded property, just as advertised. We enjoyed the privacy of the intimate beach and the close proximity of the quaint little village of Rincon.

In short, we'll return as soon as possible to "our Puerto Rico home". We almost never left.
Stephen and Jennifer Lile
Fort Worth, TX

• Liked — The close proximity of the ocean and many things to do.
  • Stayed April 2006, travelled as a couple
New Orleans, LA.
Reviewed 21 November 2008

There are really no words to describe our experience at villa d'Orleans. As wonderfully descriptive your video introduction on the internet was,( and I REALLY enjoyed it), it does not do justice to the most unique, multifaceted, relaxing, yet invigorating and INSPIRATIONAL vacation spot ever! Thank you to Fernando, Roberto and his spectacularly adorable wife Nina for your gracious hospitality to our ENTIRE family during the past week and more. Having never been to villa d'Orleans before, I had imagined that it would be something special, and it was, only so much more so. The place is truly magical - it is paradise in the middle of a crazy world!
Our accomadations were perfect, even with all of our extended family, everyone was able to find time to visit one on one or in small groups because of all of the many different areas in the house and property that are descreetly placed in the most beautiful natural settings imaginable. I wish that I could come back tomorrow, I wish that I had never left! We've all decided that YOUR MAGICAL COMPOUND is the ONLY place we will ever take our yearly extended family vacation. (Hope we can find an open week, that's one of the reasons I don't want too many people to discover The Secret Garden and all that surrounds it .)Thanks again to all of you, have a wonderful holiday season.
Donna Legendre
Charleston,S.C.

• Liked — It was perfect, the service and location were unbeatable, yet we never felt intruded upon, as if the staff was invisible.
  • Disliked — It made me realize how much I don't like living in the city!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank HappyFamilyofMany
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed 9 October 2008

This was our second year staying in the Villa. We love the tropical atmosphere. The Villa is relaxing, clean, comfortable and secluded. The Villa is just a short drive from the local restaurants and, yet you have everything you need at the Villa. The gardens are beautiful, and I just love hearing the waves crash against the sea wall. The beach is clear and calm in June. The sunsets are beautiful!! The kids set up the volleyball net, played and swam until dark every evening. It was difficult to leave the house. We are looking forward to our 2009 visit.

• Liked — It was clean, comfortable and secluded.
  • Disliked — no air in the main living room and kitchen. The breeze is usually sufficient.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
NYC
Reviewed 8 October 2008

Referred to us by a friend, best experience we have ever had any where in the Caribbean. The place is hidden away in a secluded corner of Rincon facing the Mona passage. The gardens and lush vegetation made if feel as if we were in a rain forest yet steps away is this lovely beach. The beach was always empty so we had it to our selves and at night the sky is simply breath taking; lovers paradise.
Nina, Roberto and Luis made us feel right at home. They helped us schedule ours days and even had food catered in. The food was excellent and the price extremely modest.
Overall I would have to rate this as the best vacation rental I have ever had and highly recommend this beautiful villa to anyone who is visiting Puerto Rico.
I will be returning when ever a get the opportunity; Rincon and Villa Orleans must be on your places to visit in the Caribbean.

• Liked — The views
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rincon
Villa Cofresi Hotel
Rincon Beach Resort
Rincon Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in Anasco
LemonTree Oceanfront Cottages

Been to Villa Orleans? Share your experiences!