“Once a nice hotel...now a noisy paradise”
Review of Lazy Parrot Inn

Lazy Parrot Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Rincon
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
“Once a nice hotel...now a noisy paradise”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I booked a stay in our "home away from home" through value site "Gustazos". I am a regular customer. My parents came too along with my brother visiting from Seattle. I booked two rooms who were supposed to interconnect. Upon our arrival we discovered the rooms were next to each other, not adjoining. Next day there was a party in the pool hosted by someone in the Pizzeria next to the pool. The hotel recently leased out the bar downstairs to a local person. Be aware that if you go there, you might find that pool is not exclusive for hotels guests. During our stay, we only could enjoy the pool for two hours before leaving. It is such a shame that a good hotel has decided to turn itself into another "common hotel". We love Puntas because it is quieter and less noisy than the area next to town. I complained to the owner and didn't receive the answer/apology I expected. I must highlight that the hotel is clean and the food at their restaurant Francisco's is good. But if you are looking for a place to relax...this is not.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Brenda R
BirdLady, Owner at Lazy Parrot Inn, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
This is my second management response to this review. My first response was posted for 2 weeks and then removed (due to posting my email correspondence with this guest). This guest's complaints changed as they were addressed by our management team which makes it difficult to get an issue resolved. Any complaints are addressed immediately and my purpose for posting the emails was to show exactly how we do that. If you are looking for a nice quiet weekend at the Lazy Parrot you will find it most of the time however we do cater to birthday parties and all holiday weekends the hotel is full and noise levels can be higher.

Again we thank everyone for their reviews, otherwise our guests can't get a feel for what the Lazy Parrot is all about.

lzparrot@lazyparrot.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Rincon, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Excellent Hotel. Love the Pizza by the pool with the craft beers. Rooms were very nice and clean. Great area, nice customer service and fabulous location. I would recommend it to a family or a friend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
BirdLady, Owner at Lazy Parrot Inn, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you for your review! So happy you like what we have done with the pool area and pizzeria. Most of our guests really enjoy the laid back feel and our family oriented fun. Hope to see you again soon!

Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Today we went looking for a mini golf facility and found one at the Lazy Parrot, Rincon. We drove for two and a half hours and when we arrived and asked for the mini golf they greeted us and charged us. When we found the mini golf was ugly, dirty with leaves and after the first three holes we saw other holes further down. The pathway to get there was slippery and had horse manure. There were four or five additional holes but three of them had a visit from a horse also, and the other two were full of leaves and dirt.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Rosa V
BirdLady, Owner at Lazy Parrot Inn, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
I was so sorry to hear of your disappointment in our mini golf. We did have a problem with loose horses getting on our property however that has been resolved. Our mini golf is an addition to the hotel that entertains guests during their stay. Our course is a walk through nature of 18 holes ending at the creek on our southern property line. There are no mechanical apparatuses, if that is what you are expecting, rather a hike with vertical challenges.

Sunapee, New Hampshire
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

My experience at The Lazy Parrot was amazing. I have only great things to say. This was my first time staying here, and from the moment you walk in, you see a nice, clean and absolutely beautiful hotel. The set up is great, very homey, open concept with chairs and sofas to relax everywhere. You will not find the office at the entrance like most hotels, which I thought was a clever and great way to welcome your guests. You, will walk through a beautiful dimmed lit hallway and just follow the signs to the office. As you keep walking, you will see that the office it's actually in a different building which makes you walk through this tropical paradise filled with flowers, palm trees, birds, and all kinds of exotic plants down a cute mosaic styled tiled steps. Restaurant, bars, and finally the pool. By far one of the most beautiful hotels I've ever been in. The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. Particularly during my stay, we had some issues with a third party booking agency and the friendly staff from the lazy parrot inn were able to resolve everything in a professional and friendly manner. They were able to make us feel welcome and appreciated as customers. We stayed in room #1 and as a couple, it was great. Big king size bed, very cool AC and a cute little porch, clean bathroom with hot water, flat screen TV with tons of channels. If you're used to the 5 star getting everything catered to you, this is not your place of stay. This is a cute small hotel that will make you feel that you're in paradise. Location, 5 minutes away from just about every beach in Rincon, Puerto Rico. What else can you ask for? Steps beach, Domes beach, Rincón's public beach which has some cute shops and many others. Along with downtown Rincon, which has many stores and restaurants. I'm not an expert of rincon, I'm a native of PR that unfortunately have only visited the town only twice in my adulthood. I love the Rincon area. Did I mention the beautiful magazine picture quality sunsets and surfing???? And I'm sure more. I love that I found The Lazy Parrot inn. I felt like I could've been there for ever. Wishful thinking of course. So on top of a beautiful clean and tropical place, the proximity of places to go, makes it a 5 star hotel for me. I'm not all for the average 5 star, do-everything for me type of traveler. Would I ever stay at the lazy parrot again? The question is when will I? :-)

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank FreddyOrtiz
BirdLady, Owner at Lazy Parrot Inn, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
OMgosh....what a beautifully worded review...thank you! That is exactly the feeling we hope everyone has when they walk into the Lazy Parrot. So glad you found our location easily accessible to all the beaches and I hope you will be returning soon!

Coral Gables, Florida
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This is the best affordable, non-oceanfront hotel I've stayed at in 20 years of visits to Puerto Rico. Both restaurants were very good, the bar had a nice selection of interesting drinks, the rooms were attractive and comfortable and the evening surfing movies by the pool were a delightful bonus. Would not mind coffee a little earlier than 8 am but would definitely go back. There are some stairs to negotiate as you get around so if that's a challenge, this is probably not the right place for you.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tom S
BirdLady, Owner at Lazy Parrot Inn, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you so much for your review! We really appreciate you taking your time to tell future guests of your experience. We offer coffee "gratis" from 8am-11am in our poolside lobby, for those wanting coffee earlier than that, Punta Mar Bakery and Banana Dang, both within steps of the hotel offer coffee at 6 and 7am respectively. Francisco's also opens at 8am offering breakfast as well.

Cold Spring Harbor, New York
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

The Lazy Parrot is on the northern side of Rincon, near the surfing beaches. It is not on the beach but rather up a hill from the beach. The staff is great as are the restaurants in the hotel. It attracted a great crowd of people which was mixed between surfers and other adventurous types as well as families and older couples. I accidentally left a necklace in my room and had written it off, but Jabby, the manager, had it mailed back to me within days. My husband and I will definitely stay here again if we return to Rincon. My one caveat would be that there are a lot of stairs here - it was no problem for us, but could easily be for some. However, Rincon is a very hilly spot in general.

1 Thank jvandew1
BirdLady, Owner at Lazy Parrot Inn, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thank you so much for your recent review! We are so happy to hear that our staff managed to make your stay so nice and that you also received your missing jewelry.

We look forward to your return....
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This is one of those places people will either love or hate. I absolutely hated my room -the location of it, the furnishings and all. For what I paid, I was extremely disappointed.
HOWEVER, that's my only complaint as it was a clean, safe place to return to after spending time enjoying the sights of the wonderful city that is Rincon.
The Lazy Parrot itself is a beautiful property nestled into the natural landscape. The staff was great and the on-site restaurants/bars are very convenient. If you're prone to sleep in though, you might miss breakfast at the upstairs restaurant but be too early for lunch downstairs. If you stay out late and not eat, you will miss dinner too. To spare yourself the trouble, may I suggest getting a rundown of the times when you check in.
Just in case you find yourself outside the time frame (like I did, a couple times), there is a store right next door that sells fresh baked goodies, drinks, snacks and hot food throughout the day. I'm not sure what time they close, but you can grab some things for a good price to store in your room. The owners/operators over there are very nice.

Room Tip: Room 3 is "no bueno". People with small children or back problems, be advised that there...