“Not exactly as expected.”
Review of Lazy Parrot Inn

Lazy Parrot Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Rincon
Reviewed 24 May 2014

The photos and reviews looked great. I was super pumped. First, be prepared for the stairs. And when those stairs are wet... look out. I fell numerous times. The bar and restaurant were closed. The breakfast was ok. Also, I don't think I realized how strict the no smoking policy was. I assumed you just couldn't smoke in the room. They meant ANYWHERE on the property. I was told I would be given a hefty fine. I just wish I had realized that ahead of time. It was a little pricey since not everything was open. And I was not paying to play putt-putt when I was led to believe it was free if you were a guest. Staff was really friendly and helpful. You really need a car to get to the beach, but close to some really good food down the street. I would recommend it - but i wish i knew some of these things ahead of time.

Room Tip: Stayed above the pool - awesome view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank lesliehein
BirdLady, Owner at Lazy Parrot Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

I thank you for your review however I am interested in why you took 8 months to write a review. Yes, the hotel sits on the side of a mountain and thus we have lots of stairs, you can read about that everywhere. When it rains yes it does get slippery and that is why we have hand rails and signage stating slippery when wet, please use handrails. We have 2 restaurants however in the fall season only 1 is running. That break gives us time to do deep cleaning and make any repairs we need to do with as little inconvenience to the guests. Sometimes when we run specials we include different aspects (like mini golf) at no charge, however Hotel Guests always receive a 40% discount. As far as the No Smoking policy goes, that is a state law, and one of the most stringent in the world. Smoking in prohibited in any public place in Puerto Rico. All of the things you mentioned are either on our website or have been commented on numerous times by guests so it seems no material was read ahead of time. I highly recommend future guests to read up on the Lazy Parrot. We want our guests to have the best possible experience and being knowledgeable of what we have and don't have helps!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

My girlfriend and I recently took a 3 day 2 night trip to Rincon, PR for her college graduation present. This was my first time to Rincon and the Lazy Parrot looked nice. We had no trouble with our reservation and the staff was accomodating since we arrived after check in closed for the day (4pm). They left an envelope for us with our key and welcome/check in information inside. Our stay was during the "slow" time, so there were not a lot of other guests which was fine for us. The room was clean and nicely furnished. There are two restaurants on site. one is in the main building overlooking the pool and hillside and the other is a poolside bar/pizzaria that serves brick oven style thin crust. I will review each seperately. One extra we got for free was an iguana that resided in a tree each night outside our doorway. This mini resort is in good shape and has enough to satisfy most travelers. The town and beaches are a short drive away and there is a parking area for guests. Surfers and site seers this place should be high on your lodging choice.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
BirdLady, Owner at Lazy Parrot Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thank you so much for your review! Happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel and felt we had maintained it well. We look forward to your soon return!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I booked a stay in our "home away from home" through value site "Gustazos". I am a regular customer. My parents came too along with my brother visiting from Seattle. I booked two rooms who were supposed to interconnect. Upon our arrival we discovered the rooms were next to each other, not adjoining. Next day there was a party in the pool hosted by someone in the Pizzeria next to the pool. The hotel recently leased out the bar downstairs to a local person. Be aware that if you go there, you might find that pool is not exclusive for hotels guests. During our stay, we only could enjoy the pool for two hours before leaving. It is such a shame that a good hotel has decided to turn itself into another "common hotel". We love Puntas because it is quieter and less noisy than the area next to town. I complained to the owner and didn't receive the answer/apology I expected. I must highlight that the hotel is clean and the food at their restaurant Francisco's is good. But if you are looking for a place to relax...this is not.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Brenda R
BirdLady, Owner at Lazy Parrot Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

This is my second management response to this review. My first response was posted for 2 weeks and then removed (due to posting my email correspondence with this guest). This guest's complaints changed as they were addressed by our management team which makes it difficult to get an issue resolved. Any complaints are addressed immediately and my purpose for posting the emails was to show exactly how we do that. If you are looking for a nice quiet weekend at the Lazy Parrot you will find it most of the time however we do cater to birthday parties and all holiday weekends the hotel is full and noise levels can be higher.

Again we thank everyone for their reviews, otherwise our guests can't get a feel for what the Lazy Parrot is all about.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Excellent Hotel. Love the Pizza by the pool with the craft beers. Rooms were very nice and clean. Great area, nice customer service and fabulous location. I would recommend it to a family or a friend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
BirdLady, Owner at Lazy Parrot Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you for your review! So happy you like what we have done with the pool area and pizzeria. Most of our guests really enjoy the laid back feel and our family oriented fun. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Today we went looking for a mini golf facility and found one at the Lazy Parrot, Rincon. We drove for two and a half hours and when we arrived and asked for the mini golf they greeted us and charged us. When we found the mini golf was ugly, dirty with leaves and after the first three holes we saw other holes further down. The pathway to get there was slippery and had horse manure. There were four or five additional holes but three of them had a visit from a horse also, and the other two were full of leaves and dirt.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Rosa V
BirdLady, Owner at Lazy Parrot Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

I was so sorry to hear of your disappointment in our mini golf. We did have a problem with loose horses getting on our property however that has been resolved. Our mini golf is an addition to the hotel that entertains guests during their stay. Our course is a walk through nature of 18 holes ending at the creek on our southern property line. There are no mechanical apparatuses, if that is what you are expecting, rather a hike with vertical challenges.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

My experience at The Lazy Parrot was amazing. I have only great things to say. This was my first time staying here, and from the moment you walk in, you see a nice, clean and absolutely beautiful hotel. The set up is great, very homey, open concept with chairs and sofas to relax everywhere. You will not find the office at the entrance like most hotels, which I thought was a clever and great way to welcome your guests. You, will walk through a beautiful dimmed lit hallway and just follow the signs to the office. As you keep walking, you will see that the office it's actually in a different building which makes you walk through this tropical paradise filled with flowers, palm trees, birds, and all kinds of exotic plants down a cute mosaic styled tiled steps. Restaurant, bars, and finally the pool. By far one of the most beautiful hotels I've ever been in. The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. Particularly during my stay, we had some issues with a third party booking agency and the friendly staff from the lazy parrot inn were able to resolve everything in a professional and friendly manner. They were able to make us feel welcome and appreciated as customers. We stayed in room #1 and as a couple, it was great. Big king size bed, very cool AC and a cute little porch, clean bathroom with hot water, flat screen TV with tons of channels. If you're used to the 5 star getting everything catered to you, this is not your place of stay. This is a cute small hotel that will make you feel that you're in paradise. Location, 5 minutes away from just about every beach in Rincon, Puerto Rico. What else can you ask for? Steps beach, Domes beach, Rincón's public beach which has some cute shops and many others. Along with downtown Rincon, which has many stores and restaurants. I'm not an expert of rincon, I'm a native of PR that unfortunately have only visited the town only twice in my adulthood. I love the Rincon area. Did I mention the beautiful magazine picture quality sunsets and surfing???? And I'm sure more. I love that I found The Lazy Parrot inn. I felt like I could've been there for ever. Wishful thinking of course. So on top of a beautiful clean and tropical place, the proximity of places to go, makes it a 5 star hotel for me. I'm not all for the average 5 star, do-everything for me type of traveler. Would I ever stay at the lazy parrot again? The question is when will I? :-)

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FreddyOrtiz

OMgosh....what a beautifully worded review...thank you! That is exactly the feeling we hope everyone has when they walk into the Lazy Parrot. So glad you found our location easily accessible to all the beaches and I hope you will be returning soon!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

This is the best affordable, non-oceanfront hotel I've stayed at in 20 years of visits to Puerto Rico. Both restaurants were very good, the bar had a nice selection of interesting drinks, the rooms were attractive and comfortable and the evening surfing movies by the pool were a delightful bonus. Would not mind coffee a little earlier than 8 am but would definitely go back. There are some stairs to negotiate as you get around so if that's a challenge, this is probably not the right place for you.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tom S
BirdLady, Owner at Lazy Parrot Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thank you so much for your review! We really appreciate you taking your time to tell future guests of your experience. We offer coffee "gratis" from 8am-11am in our poolside lobby, for those wanting coffee earlier than that, Punta Mar Bakery and Banana Dang, both within steps of the hotel offer coffee at 6 and 7am respectively. Francisco's also opens at 8am offering breakfast as well.

lzparrot@lazyparrot.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rincon
Villa Cofresi Hotel
Hotel Colonial
Hotel Colonial
#2 of 4 in Mayaguez
Holiday Inn Mayaquez & Tropical Casino

Been to Lazy Parrot Inn? Share your experiences!