“Great and Relaxing Place”
Review of Lazy Parrot Inn

Lazy Parrot Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Rincon
“Great and Relaxing Place”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

My experience at this place was great. I love Rincón and is not my first time in there, but is my first time at The Lazy Parrot and I liked. I stayed with friends, but is great for couples and families too. The room was very clean, the pool area is nice. There is a Pizzeria at the poolside and the Pizza is serves brick oven style thin crust, pretty good. Is different, the Tropical environment is very relaxing. The staff is extremely friendly. Definitely recommend this place. I would like be back.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Myraida M
BirdLady, Owner at Lazy Parrot Inn, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for your recommendation! Now that you have experienced the Lazy Parrot we hope to see you, your friends and your family here soon! If you get a chance we would really appreciate those restaurant reviews as well! Thanks again for staying at the Lazy Parrot!

lzparrot@lazyparrot.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed for a weekend at the hotel and arrived late. The desk closes at 4pm, so it's kind of self-service as far as check in goes. The room keys were right where they said they would be. We opted for rooms in the older section since they were cheaper. We thought the rooms would be noisy since they are right by the front entrance, but this was not the case. The room was spacious enough, with a mini-refrigerator and microwave, comfortable king size bed and even a small outdoor sitting area. The first morning we didn't have any hot water and took a cold shower. We reported the problem and it was fixed by the next morning. There are no coffee makers in the room, but if you go to the lobby/reception in the newer section there is coffee waiting. We saw the rooms in the newer section which I would say are definitely nicer, but also more expensive. All in all we weren't expecting much and were pleasantly surprised the hotel was quaint and clean and we enjoyed our weekend stay.

3 Thank PRretired
BirdLady, Owner at Lazy Parrot Inn, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Reviews are always great for future guests but also for management in order to gauge how we are doing. Our hot water is all solar powered however we do have heating elements which heat the water when we have rainy days. Those elements burn out from time to time and require replacement. Always bring any concerns to the office. Once we know there is a problem we can get those things fixed. Rooms in our value section are much smaller than our poolside rooms and also location regulates the price for your information. We hope to see you again at the Lazy Parrot and we thank you for the review!

Puerto Rico
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I also booked my stay through a 3rd party value site (Gustazos) for a couple (me and my girlfriend). I called a few weeks later and made a couple of changes to my reservation, and the coordinator was absolutely helpful. Please note that the office staff are not there 24 hours, so keep that in mind if you’re making a late check-in like I did. If you see the outside of the place it won’t look like a big resort (they don’t claim to be), but once you get inside you’ll note just how beautiful and comfy this place is. I stayed at the Upper Value rooms overlooking the pool area and I can say I don’t have a single complaint about the room. The cleanliness was top notch. I didn't had the chance to go to the restaurant so I can’t say anything about it, but I've heard it’s pretty good. I did had the chance to go to Mi Familias Pizzeria/Bar, which is by the pool. I don’t remember the name of the waitress (blond girl working the last shift), but you can see that she is the kind of person who really enjoys her work. I’m not much of a sleeper when I go on vacation, but the sleep quality there is great, since all activities cease at around 11:30 pm. If you’re new to Rincón you should know that there are no “walking distance” beaches around The Lazy Parrot, but they’re a 5-15 min drive away. The feeling of Rincón is one of relaxation. You feel like everybody (even the population) here is on vacation, and The Lazy Parrot captures that essence. Overall, our stay here was way better than we expected. I didn't encounter any of the inconveniences other reviewers had, so I would definitely recommend this place to my friends and family. Personally, I think the place is better if you’re staying as a couple, but its also great if stay with your children. Will we be back to The Lazy Parrot?? Damn right we will! Pretty soon, I hope!

Room Tip: Ask about the Upper Value Rooms overlooking the pool.
3 Thank eric_ortiz
BirdLady, Owner at Lazy Parrot Inn, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you so much for your review! We strive to make sure your vacation is just that, relaxing! Our staff works hard to accommodate each guests needs and offer clean and affordable guest rooms. Our office hours are 8am-5pm and restaurants are open until 10pm. We have a late night employee just a phone call away and after hour arrivals are provided with instructions and check in is performed the next day. The biggest compliment we can get is a guest wanting to return, so we will say......glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon!

New Orleans
Reviewed 24 May 2014

The photos and reviews looked great. I was super pumped. First, be prepared for the stairs. And when those stairs are wet... look out. I fell numerous times. The bar and restaurant were closed. The breakfast was ok. Also, I don't think I realized how strict the no smoking policy was. I assumed you just couldn't smoke in the room. They meant ANYWHERE on the property. I was told I would be given a hefty fine. I just wish I had realized that ahead of time. It was a little pricey since not everything was open. And I was not paying to play putt-putt when I was led to believe it was free if you were a guest. Staff was really friendly and helpful. You really need a car to get to the beach, but close to some really good food down the street. I would recommend it - but i wish i knew some of these things ahead of time.

Room Tip: Stayed above the pool - awesome view.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank lesliehein
BirdLady, Owner at Lazy Parrot Inn, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
I thank you for your review however I am interested in why you took 8 months to write a review. Yes, the hotel sits on the side of a mountain and thus we have lots of stairs, you can read about that everywhere. When it rains yes it does get slippery and that is why we have hand rails and signage stating slippery when wet, please use handrails. We have 2 restaurants however in the fall season only 1 is running. That break gives us time to do deep cleaning and make any repairs we need to do with as little inconvenience to the guests. Sometimes when we run specials we include different aspects (like mini golf) at no charge, however Hotel Guests always receive a 40% discount. As far as the No Smoking policy goes, that is a state law, and one of the most stringent in the world. Smoking in prohibited in any public place in Puerto Rico. All of the things you mentioned are either on our website or have been commented on numerous times by guests so it seems no material was read ahead of time. I highly recommend future guests to read up on the Lazy Parrot. We want our guests to have the best possible experience and being knowledgeable of what we have and don't have helps!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My girlfriend and I recently took a 3 day 2 night trip to Rincon, PR for her college graduation present. This was my first time to Rincon and the Lazy Parrot looked nice. We had no trouble with our reservation and the staff was accomodating since we arrived after check in closed for the day (4pm). They left an envelope for us with our key and welcome/check in information inside. Our stay was during the "slow" time, so there were not a lot of other guests which was fine for us. The room was clean and nicely furnished. There are two restaurants on site. one is in the main building overlooking the pool and hillside and the other is a poolside bar/pizzaria that serves brick oven style thin crust. I will review each seperately. One extra we got for free was an iguana that resided in a tree each night outside our doorway. This mini resort is in good shape and has enough to satisfy most travelers. The town and beaches are a short drive away and there is a parking area for guests. Surfers and site seers this place should be high on your lodging choice.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
BirdLady, Owner at Lazy Parrot Inn, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Thank you so much for your review! Happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel and felt we had maintained it well. We look forward to your soon return!

Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I booked a stay in our "home away from home" through value site "Gustazos". I am a regular customer. My parents came too along with my brother visiting from Seattle. I booked two rooms who were supposed to interconnect. Upon our arrival we discovered the rooms were next to each other, not adjoining. Next day there was a party in the pool hosted by someone in the Pizzeria next to the pool. The hotel recently leased out the bar downstairs to a local person. Be aware that if you go there, you might find that pool is not exclusive for hotels guests. During our stay, we only could enjoy the pool for two hours before leaving. It is such a shame that a good hotel has decided to turn itself into another "common hotel". We love Puntas because it is quieter and less noisy than the area next to town. I complained to the owner and didn't receive the answer/apology I expected. I must highlight that the hotel is clean and the food at their restaurant Francisco's is good. But if you are looking for a place to relax...this is not.

3 Thank Brenda R
BirdLady, Owner at Lazy Parrot Inn, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
This is my second management response to this review. My first response was posted for 2 weeks and then removed (due to posting my email correspondence with this guest). This guest's complaints changed as they were addressed by our management team which makes it difficult to get an issue resolved. Any complaints are addressed immediately and my purpose for posting the emails was to show exactly how we do that. If you are looking for a nice quiet weekend at the Lazy Parrot you will find it most of the time however we do cater to birthday parties and all holiday weekends the hotel is full and noise levels can be higher.

Again we thank everyone for their reviews, otherwise our guests can't get a feel for what the Lazy Parrot is all about.

Rincon, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Excellent Hotel. Love the Pizza by the pool with the craft beers. Rooms were very nice and clean. Great area, nice customer service and fabulous location. I would recommend it to a family or a friend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
BirdLady, Owner at Lazy Parrot Inn, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you for your review! So happy you like what we have done with the pool area and pizzeria. Most of our guests really enjoy the laid back feel and our family oriented fun. Hope to see you again soon!

lzparrot@lazyparrot.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rincon
Villa Cofresi Hotel
Parador Villa Antonio
Combate Beach Resort
Combate Beach Resort
#1 of 9 in Cabo Rojo

Been to Lazy Parrot Inn? Share your experiences!