“Great stay!”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Rincon
New York City, New York
“Great stay!”
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

It's been my 3rd time this year in Lazy Parrot. It's practically our home in PR. We love their garden and launch area. The rooms are quiet comfortable with everything you need. There is a pool, but we never used it, because we prefer the ocean! The last time we were there they didnt serve any breakfast, because there is a breakfast/lunch/dinner restaurant upstairs. It's just their new policy. Also in the morning you can get a smoothie next door in Banana Dang.
It's 5 minute ride to the beaches from Lazy Parrot or 10 min from the main town, where you can get some groceries or try out some local restaurants. We love love love this Lazy Parrot!!! Highly recommend it!!!

Stayed August 2014
3 Thank Alina G
BirdLady, Owner at Lazy Parrot Inn, responded to this review, 13 October 2014
Wow! 3 times already this year! Those New York to Aguadilla flights are easy for a getaway weekend...We wish everyone got to stay with us that much! Safe travels and see u soon!

lzparrot@lazyparrot.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
San Juan
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Friendly staff, super good pizzeria in the pool area with the best hostesses. Rooms aren't the 4 Seasons but we're not expecting that here. Beds are comfy, fridge included. Pool is good, kids love it. Very satisfied with our stay!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Tony_Lion
BirdLady, Owner at Lazy Parrot Inn, responded to this review, 13 October 2014
The Lazy Parrot is known for family friendly atmosphere. Happy the kids enjoyed their stay and you did too! The pizzeria has been a great addition to the hotel. Look forward to your future stay!

Boone, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My boyfriend and I had a great experience at the Lazy Parrot. The room was spacious, clean, had a comfortable bed, and our porch had a great view of the valley. When we weren't at the beach, we spent the majority of our time out at the pool, which was beautifully landscaped. The restaurant, Mi Familias Pizzeria, had open seating down at the pool, so ordering a pizza after a swim was convenient - and it was GOOD. The hotel staff were also incredibly friendly and helpful; we didn't feel comfortable driving ourselves back to the airport in a rental car, so the lady at the desk was so kind as to call and arrange for a taxi to take us for a 3:45 am flight. All-in-all, we had a great time just relaxing in a beautiful place. The hotel itself is quaint and laid back, so it was easy to unwind and just enjoy ourselves. It was almost like being in our own little world.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Imani S
BirdLady, Owner at Lazy Parrot Inn, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words! Our staff works hard to accommodate our guests needs, so happy to hear you enjoyed the room, pizza and that we were able to help you out on your way home. We hope to see you again soon when you are looking for another relaxing vacation!

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

My experience at this place was great. I love Rincón and is not my first time in there, but is my first time at The Lazy Parrot and I liked. I stayed with friends, but is great for couples and families too. The room was very clean, the pool area is nice. There is a Pizzeria at the poolside and the Pizza is serves brick oven style thin crust, pretty good. Is different, the Tropical environment is very relaxing. The staff is extremely friendly. Definitely recommend this place. I would like be back.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Myraida M
BirdLady, Owner at Lazy Parrot Inn, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for your recommendation! Now that you have experienced the Lazy Parrot we hope to see you, your friends and your family here soon! If you get a chance we would really appreciate those restaurant reviews as well! Thanks again for staying at the Lazy Parrot!

San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed for a weekend at the hotel and arrived late. The desk closes at 4pm, so it's kind of self-service as far as check in goes. The room keys were right where they said they would be. We opted for rooms in the older section since they were cheaper. We thought the rooms would be noisy since they are right by the front entrance, but this was not the case. The room was spacious enough, with a mini-refrigerator and microwave, comfortable king size bed and even a small outdoor sitting area. The first morning we didn't have any hot water and took a cold shower. We reported the problem and it was fixed by the next morning. There are no coffee makers in the room, but if you go to the lobby/reception in the newer section there is coffee waiting. We saw the rooms in the newer section which I would say are definitely nicer, but also more expensive. All in all we weren't expecting much and were pleasantly surprised the hotel was quaint and clean and we enjoyed our weekend stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank PRretired
BirdLady, Owner at Lazy Parrot Inn, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Reviews are always great for future guests but also for management in order to gauge how we are doing. Our hot water is all solar powered however we do have heating elements which heat the water when we have rainy days. Those elements burn out from time to time and require replacement. Always bring any concerns to the office. Once we know there is a problem we can get those things fixed. Rooms in our value section are much smaller than our poolside rooms and also location regulates the price for your information. We hope to see you again at the Lazy Parrot and we thank you for the review!

Puerto Rico
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I also booked my stay through a 3rd party value site (Gustazos) for a couple (me and my girlfriend). I called a few weeks later and made a couple of changes to my reservation, and the coordinator was absolutely helpful. Please note that the office staff are not there 24 hours, so keep that in mind if you’re making a late check-in like I did. If you see the outside of the place it won’t look like a big resort (they don’t claim to be), but once you get inside you’ll note just how beautiful and comfy this place is. I stayed at the Upper Value rooms overlooking the pool area and I can say I don’t have a single complaint about the room. The cleanliness was top notch. I didn't had the chance to go to the restaurant so I can’t say anything about it, but I've heard it’s pretty good. I did had the chance to go to Mi Familias Pizzeria/Bar, which is by the pool. I don’t remember the name of the waitress (blond girl working the last shift), but you can see that she is the kind of person who really enjoys her work. I’m not much of a sleeper when I go on vacation, but the sleep quality there is great, since all activities cease at around 11:30 pm. If you’re new to Rincón you should know that there are no “walking distance” beaches around The Lazy Parrot, but they’re a 5-15 min drive away. The feeling of Rincón is one of relaxation. You feel like everybody (even the population) here is on vacation, and The Lazy Parrot captures that essence. Overall, our stay here was way better than we expected. I didn't encounter any of the inconveniences other reviewers had, so I would definitely recommend this place to my friends and family. Personally, I think the place is better if you’re staying as a couple, but its also great if stay with your children. Will we be back to The Lazy Parrot?? Damn right we will! Pretty soon, I hope!

Room Tip: Ask about the Upper Value Rooms overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank eric_ortiz
BirdLady, Owner at Lazy Parrot Inn, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you so much for your review! We strive to make sure your vacation is just that, relaxing! Our staff works hard to accommodate each guests needs and offer clean and affordable guest rooms. Our office hours are 8am-5pm and restaurants are open until 10pm. We have a late night employee just a phone call away and after hour arrivals are provided with instructions and check in is performed the next day. The biggest compliment we can get is a guest wanting to return, so we will say......glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon!

New Orleans
Reviewed 24 May 2014

The photos and reviews looked great. I was super pumped. First, be prepared for the stairs. And when those stairs are wet... look out. I fell numerous times. The bar and restaurant were closed. The breakfast was ok. Also, I don't think I realized how strict the no smoking policy was. I assumed you just couldn't smoke in the room. They meant ANYWHERE on the property. I was told I would be given a hefty fine. I just wish I had realized that ahead of time. It was a little pricey since not everything was open. And I was not paying to play putt-putt when I was led to believe it was free if you were a guest. Staff was really friendly and helpful. You really need a car to get to the beach, but close to some really good food down the street. I would recommend it - but i wish i knew some of these things ahead of time.

Room Tip: Stayed above the pool - awesome view.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank lesliehein
BirdLady, Owner at Lazy Parrot Inn, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
I thank you for your review however I am interested in why you took 8 months to write a review. Yes, the hotel sits on the side of a mountain and thus we have lots of stairs, you can read about that everywhere. When it rains yes it does get slippery and that is why we have hand rails and signage stating slippery when wet, please use handrails. We have 2 restaurants however in the fall season only 1 is running. That break gives us time to do deep cleaning and make any repairs we need to do with as little inconvenience to the guests. Sometimes when we run specials we include different aspects (like mini golf) at no charge, however Hotel Guests always receive a 40% discount. As far as the No Smoking policy goes, that is a state law, and one of the most stringent in the world. Smoking in prohibited in any public place in Puerto Rico. All of the things you mentioned are either on our website or have been commented on numerous times by guests so it seems no material was read ahead of time. I highly recommend future guests to read up on the Lazy Parrot. We want our guests to have the best possible experience and being knowledgeable of what we have and don't have helps!

lzparrot@lazyparrot.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rincon
Villa Cofresi Hotel
Parador Villa Antonio
Combate Beach Resort
Combate Beach Resort
#1 of 9 in Cabo Rojo

Been to Lazy Parrot Inn? Share your experiences!