Lazy Parrot Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Cielo Mar(Aguadilla)
View Hotel
All reviewspizza placemini resortpuerto ricoking roomlaid backcontinental breakfasthot tubmin drivebars and restaurantsceiling fangreat barvisiting rinconnice poolsandy beachparrotspizzeriabeaches
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 October 2009

The spacious setting, with lots of different levels, is really lovely and charming (be prepared to go up and down a lot of steps every day). The room by the pool was roomy, comfy, clean, and pleasant, with a nice terrace and wonderful bed. The staff was generally friendly and accommodating. It would be nice if the terrace doors and bathroom windows were screened so you didn't have to be trapped in the AC at night. Additional vegetarian options at the restaurant would also lure me back (the pasta primavera really isn't worth the price), and if they made bottled water available to the guests that would be a plus too. Must say I was tempted to open the cage door and free the two shy little parrots, who hurry into their tiny houses whenever someone looks at them. All in all, though, a lovely place to stay.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2009

I stayed at the Lazy Parrot twice recently in June and August and enjoyed my stay on both occasions. The atmosphere is relaxed and the staff friendly and helpful. On both visits I had a very nice room, well appointed and extremely clean, with a balcony overlooking the pool. Breakfast was included and the hotel is well situated for all the area attractions. I am already looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2009

My wife and I booked this trip based on the reviews here on tripadvisor and expedia and boy were we pleased. We stayed in one of the newer rooms on the third floor - beautiful room, great bathroom, wall-mounted A/C, super comfortable bed as well as a great view of the pool. The pool was the perfect size and temperature (I read some complaints that the water was too cold) and it was in perfect proximity to the bar (the Rum Shack). The hotel staff was really helpful - always available to answer questions and give advice.
The location is great - just a two minute drive down the hill to the beach - we went to a great little spot called "the steps" or "escaleras". We also went to the beach near the Villa Cofresi hotel (which has a great happy hour by the way - $5.00 Pirata's [which is made with 151 rum, coconut water and milk] and $2.50 bacardi cocktails). While we are on the topic of cocktails, you have to go to calypso by Maria's beach - its a real layed back place with great views. At night we went to the Pool Bar to have sushi and drinks. They play surf movies on a huge screen and you can take a dip in the pool (hence the name) while you wait for your spicy tuna rolls. After dinner, head over to Tamboo (about two blocks down the road) - its right on the beach and they have a great bar and a Dj after 10pm. If you want a real authentic meal head up 414 and go to a place called the pequeno guavate - they have authentic rice and beans, lechon (roasted pig), roasted chicken and a host of other great Puerto Rican food.
We really can't say enough about Rincon and the Lazy Parrot - it was a perfect vacation. Everyone at the hotel said that this was the slow season which was just fine with us.
By the way, not to worry about not speaking the language - almost everyone speaks English.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WineGuy73
Reviewed 8 August 2009

this hotel is a must do if you are looking for a out of the ordinary quiet and peaceful vacation. the rooms are spectacular the views are extraordinary. Steve was a gracious man and a wonderful source of information for things to see and do while we were there. Smiley the bartender was great and took wonderful care of us as did corrine and the other girls . the staff was exceptionally nice with ine exception the young lady who works the desk on the weekends as she seems to have an attitude. the food was good in the rum shack also a must eat are the conch fritters. Do fol;low the hotels advice and rent a car while there as the area is only easily accesible that way. all in all a great time and value as the beach is close and the zoo in mayaguez 15 miles away are all a must see take your snorkeling gear as steps beach is one of the best snokeling areas i have ever been to.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank theyarbers1
Reviewed 4 August 2009

I was ready to write this review the day I got to the hotel, but Trip Advisor isn't cellphone friendly. I'm a local from the east of the island, and choose The Lazy Parrot for my little getaways, usually once a year. I absolutely love the place, and if I were ever to open a hotel of my own, I'd be stealing the staff. Great people, great service. I've stayed in Rooms 11, 9 and 201. On this trip I went with my wife, mom & 12 year old son and we were very comfortable in room 201 (the new building). When I go with my wife, we always request room 11. Although the new rooms are nice (very nice, actually), I still prefer the feel of room 11. (Wooden room, caribbean-ish feel, if you want to call it that). Room 9 is just a room. The hotel is very clean. I couldn't give it a solid 5, because there was a guy in a wheelchair who told me he was having a real hard time getting around. I was also a bit disappointed with the fact that they changed the mahi taco recipe! Guys, if it ain't broke, don't fix it! The LP is my kind of hotel. Nothing fancy shmancy, a great place to chill out & get away from the rat race. The town of Rincon itself is a cool, laid back place to visit. I'm back at work, already making plans to go back! Like on the title, If they keep treating me the way they do, I won't get to see any other hotel in the area!!

Felix Marcano