“The famous Pirata drink” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Villa Cofresi

Villa Cofresi
Ranked #14 of 110 Restaurants in Rincon
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Bar, Puerto Rican, Seafood, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, View, Bar Scene, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New York City, New York
“The famous Pirata drink”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

We all had the Pirata drink its good if you like White Russian type of drinks. I do not so I gave mine away after just having a sip.

I did have a blast at the bar lobby of the Villa Cofresi, drinks was cheap and there was a modern type of juke box to put your favorite music on. Unfortunately we put spent 5 bucks and it never reached our songs even though we were there for well over 2 hours LOL. In overall we had a good time on a Friday night :)

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Galloway, NJ
“Excellent dinner, service, and sunset view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

We had a wonderful dinner. The service was outstanding. Our table was perfect for watching the sunset. The live music (steel drum one-man band) was outstanding. I highly recommend having dinner at Villa Cofresi!

Visited April 2014
Aurora, Illinois
“Fresh food-but watch for fishbones”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

Very cold in the restaurant-temperature wise. However, the food was good, and very fresh. I ordered the catch of the day Red Snapper but it was not deboned properly and I ended up with 8 fish bones about halfway through my meal. As I result, I didn't finish it.

Visited March 2014
Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey
“Good food but slow”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

We went at 9 pm but still, that's no excuse for the very very slow service we encountered. Hopefully next time they will be more prompt and take our order more quickly. The food itself was fine.

Visited March 2014
Bend, Oregon
“If you're in Rincon around sunset, stop in and have a "pirate"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

This place has one fantastic beach deck bar and the coconut drink, aka, a Pirate, is the drink to order. I mean, haven't you always wanted to have someone chop open a coconut, make a drink out of it and watch the sunset from the beach? Watch yourself though, they're only about six bucks and with two of these, the floor starts to sway.

The deck has nice railing with stools to sit and watch the sun sink or you can choose to walk down the short flight of stairs to the lounge chairs set up on the beach.

You can also get food. I tried the "fish pieces" which was a plate of fried chunks of white fish. It was good but it is not too hard to succeed at this. Someone else ordered the ham croquets. Not good in my opinion but it didn't sound good to begin with.

As an insider tip, if you bring your empty drink shell up to the bartender, he'll cut the coconut meat out to easy to eat finger-food sized chunk for you to enjoy.

• Visited March 2014