“If you want the ocean and a party!”

Villa Cofresi Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Rincon
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Our room was 150 feet from the ocean! Went to bed every night to the sound of waves crashing! I was in heaven. First night the bartender Eddie makes us an el pirate, amazing first drink and he took care of us at 11:45 the bar closes at 12. He was a great bartender. Rooms are ok they are very large apartment style ours had a love seat coach and two comfy chairs. But this is not the hotel to go to for that. It's the people we had a great time every night at the bar wether we were getting wild or just having a drink to relax. Another bartender Damon took really good care of us the second night. Everything we needed he did! Thanks Damon all of your recommendations were great! Thanks for taking care of us! If you wish to stay in a place with a big party and great people this is the spot!

Room Tip: Ask for the room facing the ocean it helps with the noise. Not facing the pool
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brandon V

Reviewed 6 June 2013

My family and I just visited Villa Cofresi and had a fantastic time. The weather could have been better but all in all had a great time. We had the apt just a short walk from the hotel. It was roomy and comfortable for the whole family (8). Friendly staff and helpful. The bar area was all I read about and more. The bar area was always busy but the bartenders moved quickly. A shout out to my favorite bartenders CARLOS, DAMEON and EDDIE they were the best. Always served you with a smile and made some great drinks. I just have to say the place was all I thought it would be and more. If you like to party this is the place to stay. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank JudyVic1208
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I stay at the Villa Cofresi very often, when on business in that part of the island, and have always felt at home. It may not be luxurious, but have always found it to be very clean, and all the staff members have been very corteous and friendly to me.
And I must say this too... the food is excellent!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Ricardo B
Reviewed 1 June 2013

My husband and I just got back from our honeymoon in Puerto Rico, and unfortunately did not have the restful experience we had expected, thanks to the Villa Cofresi hotel. While this hotel got great reviews, my husband didn't realize until afterwards that many of them were for the bar only. Rincon beach is a sleep little town, but the Villa Cofresi's beach bar has Karoake until midnight Thurs - Sat, making this a hot spot for locals and tourists.

Bottom line - the music and karaoke singing was so loud that we had to switch rooms three times - literally each night of our stay. Finally on our last night we moved into a room facing the parking lot because that was the only option to get away from the music. Too bad we had been upgraded to an ocean view room for our honeymoon and couldn't make use of it :( I came back from this trip so tired because, apparently unlike Puerto Ricons who like to party on vacation, we usually view vacations as a chance to catch up on sleep!

On a positive note, the managers were incredibly patient with our room change requests, and they felt so bad for us that they left us a bottle of champagne in our room, plus some Villa Cofresi towels, beach bags, etc. They said that Puerto Ricans enjoy the loud noise and party atmosphere, which I understand, but if you're like us and you like to go to sleep early on vacation so you can wake up early and take full advantage of your days, then do NOT stay here!! Or, at least plan your trip so you aren't here on a Fri/Sat. There are tons of other cute hotels and B&B's in the area, so do yourself a favor and stay at one of them, then walk to the bar! Best of both worlds :)

Aside from the noise, the hotel is right on the beach, there is a nice pool, and the rooms are nice although the beds/pillows are very cheap. The breakfast is horrible - very cheap white bread and sugary cereals, waffles, etc. Some fruit, coffee, juices. I wasn't a fan.

Room Tip: If you want to go to sleep before midnight on a weekend, ask for a room facing the parking lot.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank alicat1
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Cofresi has been a staple in Rincon Puerto Rico for three generationns Rooms area updated and reaonable rates.Lots of space in the recreation area and restaurant Restaurant always pleases as do the drinks at the bar .Efficient and frendly staff .

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2013

My friends and I came over to this hotel with the intent of hanging out on the beach and just having a relaxing vacation. We checked in and were given an option of staying within the hotel, or getting a room maybe 3 minute walk away from the main hotel center, on the outskirts of the property. Firstly, we chose to be in the center of the hotel because of cheaper price and the convenience of not being away from everything. They gave us a room on the outskirts despite our request and we chose not to say anything, hoping to avoid causing any kind of problem.

The room we got included a kitchenette and a fridge, no balcony. Within the kitchenette was a single plate and a couple of dusty glasses. No pan, no utensils. Whats the point of having a room like this if you arent going to supply the rest of the equipment. Were they expecting that I was coming to PR with a pan in my suitcase just in case? We never used the kitchenette. The entire hotel is also supposed to have an unlocked wi-fi available to it's guests. Where we were staying, the hotel network was not detected and when we brought this to the front desk's attention, they told us that someone was coming to check it out. No one ever came. As a quick side note - we requested more towels for the room and the front desk said the same thing - that someone will be at our room shortly to drop off the towel. Again, no one came.

The beach here was also subpar. If you're staying in rincon - Public beach and sandy beach are both better. The sand is cleaner here - i suspect due to good upkeep by hotel staff, but the actual ocean floor is rocky, and dirty. Not the Hotel's fault, of course.

There is a free continental breakfast that is offered to all hotel guests - but not included if you apparently stay at the room we stayed in. We had to beg with the hotel front desk, to let us in to partake in the continental breakfast. They told us that the room we were staying in did not include the breakfast. We said to them, that we didnt ask for that room in the first place, and secondly - we had no utensils or cookware to make our own breakfast if we wanted to. Finally, the hotel manager let us in, but really left a sour taste in my mouth. It was ridiculous.

The Pros: The bar is really pricy - 7.50 for a pina colada w/o Rum, but its lively. There are a lot of people, there is a DJ, there was karoake one of the nights. The water pressure was phenomenal. Had a great, Hot shower. The bathroom is huge. The pool looked nice, i didnt have a chance to go into the pool myself because of my schedule. The pool is open from 11-7.

Conclusion - one of the better places to stay in Rincon, for tourism, but I really didnt like the way that the hotel staff kept ignoring us and treating us like 2nd class citizens. I would not come back here.

Room Tip: Dont let them put you outside of the main hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jeet B
LalaRincon_P_R_, Owner at Villa Cofresi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

This review is a totally unfair and inaccurate description of what Villa Cofresi Hotel is all about and of what really happened with these customers. They were a "walk in"' reservation, they had no previous reservation. Our receptionist explained we had two different kind of prices and they said immediately they wanted the cheaper rate. Our front desk clerk did explain that these rooms are not located in the main building and did not include continental breakfast which is included in the rooms inside the main building only. We showed them the room and they took it. They knew very well they were not in the center of the hotel. They saw the room in the building outside and they agreed to take it, because again, they wanted the cheaper rate. They were four people in the room and the rate given is really, really low. They are not going to find a hotel in Rincon or in Puerto Rico where they could get the rate for four people and with continental breakfast included. These customers were not ignored at all. The next day they requested the continental breakfast which they knew from the previous day was not included anyway. The price for piña coladas without rum is $4.50 and with rum the price is $6.00. That is why I reiterate these customers are giving naccurate review all the way. We treat all our customers the same way, with respect and taking in consideration all their needs. We don't ignore our customers and we don't treat anyone like second class citizens. We have been around for 48 years and are well known worldwide precisely for our excellent service and attention to detail. I regret this customer got the wrong impression of Villa Cofresi Hotel and hope they do give us another opportunity to serve them in the future.

Reviewed 10 May 2013

Overall the hotel was really nice and added to the enjoyment of our stay. The staff was very helpful and very friendly. The room was very clean and had an awesome beachfront view! The down side is that the water pressure is very poor. We had to time our showers to be sure there was enough pressure to get wet and rinse and also that there would be hot water. I think if you are expecting American chain hotel quality and amenities you probably will be disappointed. I would recommend requesting a room away from the bar - we had 317. I imagine it can be very loud near the bar area. With the surf and the ac we never heard the bar noise at all. The hotel is close to many good restaurants, try Lucky 13 BBQ and the gourmet seafood across the street. I would also recommend the bakery down the street for a more substantial breakfast at an unbelievable price!

Room Tip: If you want quiet ask for a 316-318. These rooms are the farthest from the bar area.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WendyPenn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rincon
Rincon of the Seas Grand Caribbean Hotel
#1 of 6 in Isabela
Malecon House
Malecon House
#1 of 6 in Isla de Vieques

Been to Villa Cofresi Hotel? Share your experiences!