“Fantastic!!!!”

Villa Cofresi Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Rincon
Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

I loved the place!!! My family and I stayed in what they called the Pirate House which is a house divided into 4 apartments. Our stay was great! The service was spectacular!!! The apartment was very comfortable with a private pool in the backyard of the apartments!!! The hotel is very family oriented and has lots of music during the day and live music at night!! It is a great place to stay. Wonderful views!!!!

1  Thank Ruthie S

Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

My family enjoys Villa Cofresi. The place screams fun and party. Every year we go its always a fantastic experience.The service is great and the staff is always courteous. The food is delicious. And the beach with its beautiful view of the sunset is to die for. I especially like the pirate drink.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

I went to this hotel for tripadvisor reference for my surprise is the bad place and hotel a I ever see in my life. Very dirty rooms. Bad service and loud place. The pool was very dirty and moldy smell. I don't recommend this place. The hotel needs an upgrade for the price. I was pais 160.00 $$ for one night. The room 220 is ugly!!!!

2  Thank Gloryvee
LalaRincon_P_R_, Gerente at Villa Cofresi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

I was very surprised when I read this review. I was able to identify the customer and called her to get more details about her experience. After listening to her details I understood definitely Villa Cofresi Hotel is not for her and her family. She expressed that not a single hotel in the west coast of Puerto Rico has fulfilled her expectations except one, which is a five star hotel that costs at least three times what she paid at Villa Cofresí. This customer came on the Saturday of the 4th of July weekend, our highest weekend of the year. We were full. She complained she found no Americans here, just loud Puerto Ricans (she is a local herself) and that she preferred places where there were Americans. She found our environment "'inappropriate"' because there were only locals here during this busy weekend. Clearly, we have guests from all over the world and they come here depending on the season. Regarding price, again, they depend on the season. She paid $155.00 plus 9% tax = $168.95 for a standard room with continental breakfast included for a hotel right on the beach on the 4th of July weekend. Of course, we have lower prices. They depend on the season. I checked room 220 personally. It is beautifully furnished. It has basic amenities, but adequate. It is comfortable and clean. At check in, the front desk clerk was taking care of another customer in front of her. Service was offered by another attendant as soon as she was acknowledged. Service for us is the most important aspect and it is our mission that they are all satisfied with what we offer. We truly regret she had this experience and hope she gives us the opportunity to serve her again in the future, perhaps in not such a busy weekend, when we are not full and she is able to find the peace and quiet she was expecting.

Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

We asked for a quiet room and I'm glad we did. The rooms facing the pool and bar area must have been so noisy because we could still hear the thudding of the basslines from the bar even though we were at the other end of the building. The bar itself was very nice - we came with young kids so didn't use it but I'm sure couples would love it, as it faces onto the ocean.

The room itself was fine, with a private balcony, fridge, safe and coffee maker. Good toiletries and we appreciated the change of towels left at the door as we left the "do not disturb" sign there.

The sandy beach area was perfect - we were able to have our kids (3 & 7) float around in their rings (with us next to them) and the waves were enough to provide some fun without coming anywhere close to being dangerous. The pool was very small and disappointing though (a view echoed by my 7 year old).

Complimentary breakfast was nothing to write home about. Toast, cereal, coffee, pears, ham and slices of American cheese.

The location was good as it was near restaurants so you aren't locked in to eating at the hotel.

I picked this place as a not too expensive place - I think it fit the bill, so I'm happy.

1  Thank MisterGulliver
Reviewed 26 June 2013

After staying on the eastside of the island, which made me happy that I don't have to live my life behind bars on windows and animals roaming free! Villa Cofresi was awesome, my husband said as soon as we got there (now this is what I wanted Puerto Rico to be like). The food was amazing, I had the best Mai-Mai and my hubby had steak, YUM. The pirate special at the bar was good but you have to try the Black Witch sooo good.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brooke T
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Our room was 150 feet from the ocean! Went to bed every night to the sound of waves crashing! I was in heaven. First night the bartender Eddie makes us an el pirate, amazing first drink and he took care of us at 11:45 the bar closes at 12. He was a great bartender. Rooms are ok they are very large apartment style ours had a love seat coach and two comfy chairs. But this is not the hotel to go to for that. It's the people we had a great time every night at the bar wether we were getting wild or just having a drink to relax. Another bartender Damon took really good care of us the second night. Everything we needed he did! Thanks Damon all of your recommendations were great! Thanks for taking care of us! If you wish to stay in a place with a big party and great people this is the spot!

Room Tip: Ask for the room facing the ocean it helps with the noise. Not facing the pool
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brandon V
Reviewed 6 June 2013

My family and I just visited Villa Cofresi and had a fantastic time. The weather could have been better but all in all had a great time. We had the apt just a short walk from the hotel. It was roomy and comfortable for the whole family (8). Friendly staff and helpful. The bar area was all I read about and more. The bar area was always busy but the bartenders moved quickly. A shout out to my favorite bartenders CARLOS, DAMEON and EDDIE they were the best. Always served you with a smile and made some great drinks. I just have to say the place was all I thought it would be and more. If you like to party this is the place to stay. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank JudyVic1208
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rincon
Rincon of the Seas Grand Caribbean Hotel
Holiday Inn Mayaquez & Tropical Casino
Rincon Beach Resort
Rincon Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in Anasco

Been to Villa Cofresi Hotel? Share your experiences!