Pools Beach
US$134
US$126
  • Pool
Villa Cofresi Hotel(Rincon)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$144
Hotels.com
Lazy Parrot Inn(Rincon)(Great Value!)
US$152
HolidayInn.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 December 2010

We're just back from a few days at Pools and are already planning a return visit. The place is a curious mix of vacation rental, bungalo and guest house. The proprietors, Dennis & Carol are warm and accommodating and can point you in the right direction of the best surf break or local bakery. A real treat is the poolside sushi and open air bar where a mix of guests, visitors and locals meet. Traveling with our 21 & 18 year old boys, we really don't require a lot of pampering; the clean and airy 2 bedroom guest house was appointed with a kitchenette, appliances and cookware; a washing machine & dryer extended our suitcases. Across the street from where we stayed is Pools beach with the legendary rock where 19th century pirate Roberto Confresi was said to have carved a map indicitaing 7 treasures. Clearly, he was thinking of this prime location as one of the jewels.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 January 2010

First I have to say thank you to Dennis and Carol for making everything so easy. The cabana was so comfortable and accesible. We were so happy with the location and the set up of your cabana. The beach was literally across the street and hearing the ocean every night was so calming. I also want to say that your Sushi bar and afterhour entertainment was so much fun. The food was great and the atmosphere was energetic. Loved the band on Friday and the surfing videos while we ate. The food was delicious and your staff are so kind and attentive. Nicole made some awesome drinks. Thank you for such a great time!!! Definetely coming back!! Hopefully to take surfing lessons the Dennis...Thank you!! I would so recommend anyone to stay at pools beach!!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 January 2010

Agree with tropvaca - stay clear of this place. Pools Beach was by far the worst hotel experience of my life. Awful service and dilapidated accommodations. Quite a shame, as the location has so much potential. Only bright spot was the sushi bar and its lovely owner - worth stopping by for dinner, but would sooner camp out on the beach than spend another night at this place.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank oncearunner
POOLSBEACH, owner at Pools Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2010

Not much that we can respond to when we don't know what the bad service was but wonder why they didn't write a review till nine months after their stay.

Reviewed 7 October 2009

I made reservations for this hotel at least three months ahead of time. My major mistake was booking it after having seen only a couple of reviews from a few years back. I booked it by phone after a nice discussion about Rincon and Pools Beach with the woman who answered the phone. There is no Internet reservation option, and no confirmation by email. So I verified our reservation about a week before our arrival, again by phone with the same person.
We were rather surprised when we arrived... the buildings (cabanas?) were run-down, had peeling paint, and rusted metal. The grounds had a fair amount of litter, and in general it looked as if the place hadn't been occupied for some time. There was no place for 'check-in', and absolutely no one on site. I called the reservation number and there was no answer, but there was an emergency number. I called that number as well; no answer. My daughter and I explored a bit and found the pool area, which did appear to be nice and clean, but the 'sushi bar' adjacent to it was essentially a wooden counter with a roof. There were brightly painted outhouses on the pool deck as well. Not a soul in sight. We then walked up a road to the A-frame house that we had booked, adjacent to the pool area. There was an overturned lawn chair, a portable hibachi next to the door and a dirty hammock slung between some posts. In general, the entire place was dirty and unkempt. At that point we decided we would not be staying even if we could reach someone. I called and left a return number -- we never heard from anyone. The good news is that our credit card had never been charged. We were then stuck without a place to stay for 3 nights. Luckily the very kind couple at Pipon's Resort just up the road had a lovely 2 bedroom condo available. See my review of Pipon's.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank tropvaca
Reviewed 17 March 2008

I stayed with the kind folks at Pools Beach this weekend! They are Good people and easy going. The rooms are spacious and have a nice kitchen. Our room is right across the street from the break at pools beach and just a quic walk from sandy beach. The pool bar at Pools beach in is relaxing and has wireless internet. (poor cell reception with ATT but a quick walk to the top of the hill and bam! Servicios Celladas!

Have a good time!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Stratosjets