“Excellent getaway”
Our Backyard View from the Upstairs Porch
Another View of our Beach
Three Cousins Watching the Sea From the Porch
The Sunset from the Upstairs Porch
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Holiday Rental House -
3 Bedrooms, 3 Bathrooms, Sleeps 7
Rincon, Puerto Rico

Reviews from our community

Very good - based on 58 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Any
Jason Y
Brooklyn, New York
“Don't plan on privacy or sleeping”
Reviewed 19 December 2011 for a stay in November 2011

I was moved to write a review after returning home only to discover that the owner of this place was charging a 200 fee to my friend for "cleaning" and damaged furniture. Well i can state clearly that in all honesty the total value of the wicker furniture which appeared to be from the 80's was not even 200 dollars. And her proof of damage was a stained cushion. So she must inventory the stains on all of her cushions after each visit. Weird. In addition this woman accused us of having more guests staying with us that what was agreed upon. This was strange because this lead us to believe this woman had the guests downstairs spying on us or the she was spying on us herself. Yeah, we had guests over for dinner and drinks on a daily basis. People have friends in Puerto Rico. Certainly it's none of anyone's business what we do on a vacation right? Wrong. This was a creepy revelation in the end. Yes it was dreadfully noisy as well. Don't get fooled by this either. We were there to surf and chill, which we did everyday, but there are much better places that are better deals than this. And honestly, this kind of crazy American drama is exactly what i was aiming to avoid. Maybe next time. Positives... great view of the sunsets. Large amount of space. Five minute drive into town.

Travelling group: Friends
7 Mar 2012
Dear Jason,
Unfortunately, most of your information is incorrect. I did not charge your friend $200, I did not charge him anything, even though there was damage and the house was left a disastrous mess; my caretaker sent photos of the house after you left to show me the total mess and damage. This was only the second time in many years of renting that my caretaker had to report abuse to the house. Yes, we do inspect the house after each guest leaves to make sure that everything is in order for the next guests.

Furthermore, the Rental Agreement that your friend signed asked for the names of the guests and he listed only himself and you. The Rental Agreement explicitly states that ONLY the people on the Rental Agreement can use the premises. The other guests in the downstairs apartment did complain about the number of people coming and going every night. Yes, it is definitely our business who uses our home and how it is used. If you had read the Rental Agreement, you would have understood this.

You and your friend broke the terms of the Rental Agreement and mistreated our home. There are many cheaper rental houses, that are "better deals" and may not require the care and respect that we do. Most of our guests are very grateful for the American style service and attention to the guests that we provide. Next time you rent a house, I suggest you read the Rental Agreement. We welcome guests who will enjoy our home and will take care of it.
aeris2126
Bronx, New York
“Excellent getaway”
Reviewed 2 December 2011 for a stay in November 2011

I stayed at Casa Tamara with some family and close friends for the week of my wedding. The staff was very accommodating when we arrived 5 hours ahead of check in time and they were still in the process of cleaning. The house itself was beautiful, airy, spacious, and clean.

The beach is right off the backyard of the property and so my guests and I pretty much swam every day before breakfast and dinner. Excellent location to view the beautiful tropical sunsets, it's actually kind of freaky since you can literally watch the sun sink into the ocean before your eyes.

Spending many summers while growing up in Puerto Rico, I knew to expect the louvres and screens as this is customary. The sound trucks were annoying from time to time but that has nothing to do with the property itself as the owner has no control over this. The previous commenter stated that the garbage does not get picked up, but while I was there it was picked up on average every other day. There are stray cats and dogs around the town and you will hear them at night some days, but us being from New York City are used to some sort of commotion outside during sleep hours.

Travelling group: Family
22 Feb 2012
Dear Aeris,

I was so happy to have you spend your wedding week with your friends and family at Casa Tamara and am so pleased that you had a great time and that it suited your needs so well.
I appreciate your specific comments coming from someone who knows Rincon and Puerto Rico.
Please come back again soon.
trax_11
New York City, New York
“If you like to sleep at night and a clean house don't stay here”
Reviewed 14 November 2011 for a stay in November 2011

This place is old and not up kept. The house has no windows only metal blinds so you hear everything and the street is full of howling dogs, fighting cats and crazy people who drive around in cars with speakers on the roof spouting out political slogans until 4 am. They don't take the garbage on the street so when we got there it the smell was so bad we had to hold our breath every time we got in and out of our car. Also, the owner is nut and will try to charge you additional money at the end of your trip. Renter Beware!!!

Travelling group: Friends
27 Nov 2011
Most of the complaints of this traveller are exaggerated and not specific to our home but are generally valid for all vacation rentals in Rincon. Rincon beachfront homes do not have glass windows, they have louvres and screens so that the bright sunshine can be blocked out when the guest wants and screens to let in the breeze and fresh air; windows don't serve this purpose. Stray dogs and cats are a cultural phenomenon of Puerto Rico. I am sorry if they were particularly noisy when this traveller was there, but strays are a part of the local scene, all over Rincon and Puerto Rico. Another cultural phenomenon is sound trucks during election time, but these are occasional and are not allowed at night, so they could not have been there "till 4 AM." And garbage is collected by the municipality; it has nothing to do with our property, but it is collected. These complaints are exaggerated but this traveller may have been happier at a resort. Our home is very well maintained, as one can tell from other reviews by guests who come back year after year. And finally, when a guest damages furniture, they are informed that payment is required to repair the damage. Most guests do not consider misuse or damage to the property appropriate for a vacation rental. Fortunately, It is very rare that guests cause damage or misuse the property. If any prospective guest has any question, we provide contact information for prior guests.
San Francisco
Reviewed 14 August 2011 for a stay in July 2011

Travelling group: Family with young children
14 Aug 2011
I am very glad that your family reunion worked out so well. I hope you come back again with family or friends or by yourself for a quieter, relaxing get-away! Thanks for choosing our homes,
MN
Reviewed 6 August 2011 for a stay in July 2011

Check-in / front desk
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 55-64
6 Aug 2011
Dear Gary,

Thanks for choosing our home and enjoying your vacation at Casa Tamara. Please come back again soon.

Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 August 2011 for a stay in July 2011

Travelling group: Family with young children
2 Aug 2011
Dear Greg,
It's so good to hear that your second trip to Casa Tamara was as great as the first. Thanks for the suggestions for future guests. There is so much to do in Rincon and surrounding area. And, as you say, the best part is relaxing on our beach. Please come back soon.
Sweden
Reviewed 2 August 2011 for a stay in July 2011

Travelling group: Family with teenagers
2 Aug 2011
Dear Lena,

I am so glad that you enjoyed the house. When we have guests who come from Europe as you did, from another culture and another language, I am especially pleased that you appreciated all that Rincon and our home has to offer. Thank you for the photos, I have put them on our website - take a look - they are beautiful.
Please come back again.
Nancy
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing