“Enjoyed it tremendously”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
pool at night
Stairs going eup to bedrooms & terrace
Pool
Beach few ft away
private  pool
front
gas grill
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

SCGToront...
Toronto, Ontario
“Enjoyed it tremendously”
Reviewed 12 August 2011 for a stay in April 2011

We stayed at this townhouse in April of this year. When we got to the townhouse after a long day of traveling we found the town house clean and stocked. The only initial issue that we had was that the hot tub was not clean. One text message and the next day someone was over cleaning it. The condition of the town was clean with some minor dents, scratches etc, which is to be expected of a rental property. The manager responsible was helpful with our inquiries of where to go to eat, taxi's, florist and hair salon. We enjoyed the pool and lived there and at the beach (less than a 2 minute walk away) during the day and the hot tub and roof top patio for dinner and drinks at night.

The only negative was the two and half plus hour drive to get here from the airport, which is what we expected but it still seemed long.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Pool, hot tub and location close to the beach.
Liked least: Drive from Airport to get here.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
New York

Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 25-34
lindagaf
Katonah, NY
“Torn between a 2 and a 3, but read on...”
Reviewed 6 August 2011 for a stay in August 2011

We just returned from a 3 night stay at this property in Rincon. The old saying "location location location" holds true for rental properties too, and the location of this place is one of it's big downfalls, but read on. It is in a somewhat shabby neighborhood, and seems conspicuous in comparison to the dirt yards and tin roofs that are on all sides. Not that it had to be a palace, but I definitely wanted to feel that our belongings were safe while we were out, and I didn't completely. We had a very difficult time locking the patio door, so when I phoned the manager, she told me we needed to leave the SINGLE key to the whole place (not on a chain or anything) under the mat so the repairman could take a look. We assumed he had fixed the lock, but it never did seem to lock fully. I was never offered an explanation as to why no one could be bothered to get another key made for $3. It would have made our lives easier, but instead if one of us went off to get groceries, etc... it was a pain to wait for them, or meet somehwere, etc... to let the other into the house.
There are other major issues. THe house at first glance seems nice, modern, and stylish. However, there is only one small sofa to sit on. Not ideal for a family of 4. It really could do with an armchair. We were never able to get tv or cable working, and though my husband is very good with electronics, etc... he had no luck despite about an hour of trying. The toilet seat downstairs shifted off the bowl. The taps in the master bath for the shower and sink were very fiddly, hard to get it turned to Hot. There were only 3 glasses in the whole place, 2 champagne glasses, no wine glasses. Rain water leaked into the kids bedroom and went all over the floor. Anything like a salad or pancakes had to be served or mixed in a pot, with only a spatula to mix or serve with. I mention these small things because I e-mailed the owner and asked for just a serving bowl and spoon and had no luck. If the owner wouldn't respond to those minor things, there was no point in mentioning the worst aspect of this rental, which is that the beds were AWFUL! Hard as rocks, but even worse, and get ready for it, the beds had not been taken out of their plastic sheeting. Sorry, but I expect plastic sheets in a flophouse, not an upscale rental. All night long, we felt sweaty, and the plastic crinkled every time we turned over in bed. THere were no mattress pads. Thinking of the other people who must have sweated on the same plastic sheeting just made me feel sick. No one slept well, except my daughter who had a bed that didn't have the plastic on. I feel a little mean rating this as a two, but really, you are paying for somewhere to sleep comfortably and securely, and this property failed on both those counts. It is spacious, close to the beach, the pool was good, the decor is nice. My reviews are all about being 100% honest though, so there you have it.

Travelling group: Family with Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Young singles Friends getaway
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists
Management Response
6 Aug 2011
 In response to your review I want address certain details about our rental property. Rincon is a small town that is a mix of tourist and native/non native locals. The area that Wave Coast is at Stella is a dead end street with the beach. This is a quiet orientated neighborhood.They are very good people on that street and the neighbors of Wave Coast residence. This area is only 1 minutes from One of the larger resorts of Rincon. We have never gotten any complaint about safety there or did we ourselves ever feel unsafe. I apologize you felt unsafe but I assure you that is a family orientated neighborhood with good local people.
These past 2 months have been content rain in Puerto Rico...especially Rincon. We provide guests with Choice Cable which because of heavy rains they have experienced technical issues beyond our control.
 We provide cooking pans/pots, plates, cups, utensils. We do not provide wine glasses or any sort of glasses. they have been broken in the past but after cutting my own hand with a cracked glass we decided only plastic cups. Glass was more of a hazard since most of our renters are with children.  We do not provide glass so the ones you saw were provided by another renter and have been removed. We never had a bowl/ bowl spoon in the rental. As per your feedback I will get one and provide.
Our matresses are name brand and firm. We provide firm mattress and leave plastic cover on them for protection from dirt, spills, and bed bugs. I have not heard of any issues in Rincon but these past 2 years it's been a overwhelming issue nationwide. We leave the plastics on for a prevention of any of these things just to be on the safe side. The bed that your daughter slept on should have had the plastic on as well and has been put back on.
I was not aware of toilet bowl seat being loose and it will be repaired. The patio door has been looked at. We didn't see a issue but when it rains again hard for a few days straight we will check again to see if that has any cause to it. Our sofa bed for additional guests.
I received a email from you requesting a serving bowl/spoon once you checked in. You also mentioned other than that everything was fine. I did reply to your email but got no other reply. I do appreciate any feedback good/bad so we may always be aware on how to make our renters have a great vacation experience. We apologize that you did not and encourage you to contact us with any other concerns you may have. Please visit us again and we will do anything in our power to make your experience a good memorable one. Thank you!
Puerto Rico
Reviewed 3 August 2010 for a stay in July 2010

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 35-44
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing